La Vuelta Coverage

JB88

Sep 9, 2013
More great viewing on what we've seen of La Vuelta 13, but that's just the point...what we've been able to see, as so much is unobtainable. Yesterday's 225K stage into France for example was reduced by Eurosport to around the final 35K. They of course say it's all that's offered to them from the 'host broadcaster' but in amongst the many TV companies in the UK, I find it odd in a building TV sport, that such paltry attention is still the case. Yes maybe it’s impossible to have 4,5, 6 hours dedicated to whole stages, but you would think at least the atmospheric, mountain stages would get a bit more time. Any tips on online sites as an alternative to Eurosport, showing the earlier parts of stages, much appreciated.

Quote: Originally Posted by JB88 .
More great viewing on what we've seen of La Vuelta 13, but that's just the point...what we've been able to see, as so much is unobtainable. Yesterday's 225K stage into France for example was reduced by Eurosport to around the final 35K. They of course say it's all that's offered to them from the 'host broadcaster' but in amongst the many TV companies in the UK, I find it odd in a building TV sport, that such paltry attention is still the case. Yes maybe it’s impossible to have 4,5, 6 hours dedicated to whole stages, but you would think at least the atmospheric, mountain stages would get a bit more time. Any tips on online sites as an alternative to Eurosport, showing the earlier parts of stages, much appreciated.

In fairness to Eurosport, their coverage is guaranteed minimum 2 hours per day of live coverage.

If you can access the Spanish TV channels their coverage is far more extensive.
TVE usually show the Vuelta all day long within Spain (it did when I was over there in 2007 and 2008).

This link of Spanish TV might help
http://wwitv.com/television/191.htm