Labor conditions for Pro Tour riders

Sandy wrote:
> Is her auction on eBay?

In that case it may be possible that the ebay item significantly not as
described rule might be broken if said item is older or more shopworn
than in the photograph.

If the item lives up to expectations you could take a loan from China to
pay, after all if it works for war it might work for love.

"Kyle Legate" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
>> "Kyle Legate" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>> Thanks for the laugh.

>> The question was whether the lack of success by French teams really has
>> much to do with doping.
>>

> I know what the question was. And yes, the lack of success does have much
> to do with doping.

So it's your opinion that the Festina affair radically changed French
cycling culture... seemingly overnight... in a way that suddenly made doping
non-existent? And this would be the primary reason for their lack of
success in the years since?

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

William Asher wrote:
> From the neck down, yes. Does anyone bother to look at the face anymore?
> http://tinyurl.com/yq777v

The popularity of kittens on the Internet is also very puzzling
although it may be explained in the uncyclopedia:

<http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/*****>

MagillaGorilla wrote:
> Bob Schwartz wrote:
>
>> Amit Ghosh wrote:
>>
>>> the festina affair in '98 had a traumatic effect on the french cycling
>>> community and the lacklustre performance by french riders since is
>>> explained more by the relative lack of doping in french cycling (there
>>> were some scandals a with gaumont and some foreign riders on cofidis,
>>> but no french riders were implicated in puerto, wiener blut, oil for
>>> drugs, etc.)

>> The French have had a lot of success on the track at Worlds
>> and in the Olympics. Track racing doesn't draw much attention
>> which is a mixed blessing I suppose. But the witch hunters
>> don't seem interested in checking their mineral water.
>>
>> Bob Schwartz

> Yeah, the "witch hunters" don't really chase after track riders like
> Tammy Thomas, Adam Sbeih (tested positive for EPO after US track
> nationals), or Stephen Alfred.

Good point.

Those riders were all taken out by US based witch
hunters. I wasn't clear about it, but I was referring
to the **** Pound led witch hunters.

And it's interesting that Hayles and Ligthart got
bounced today for having too-rich blood. The guy that
I thought of off the top of my head was Van Eijden,
who had too-rich blood a number of years ago.

But really, if Pound got wood over top trackies like
he does over Tour contenders you would think there
would be more people hitting the dirt over steroids.

Bob Schwartz

On Mar 26, 4:12 pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky" <[email protected]>

> So it's your opinion that the Festina affair radically changed French
> cycling culture... seemingly overnight... in a way that suddenly made doping
> non-existent? And this would be the primary reason for their lack of
> success in the years since?

dumbass,

i didn't say non-existent, i said relative lack. with that caveat, my
answer is yes, that has a lot to do with their lacklustre
performance.

some eighty or more riders have been implicated in puerto, the telekom
confessions, wiener blut, oil for drugs, vesps und binnebands, usps
confessions, ooc tests, but not one french rider.

and france is supposedly the hardest place to dope and not get caught,
ask any pro.

On Mar 24, 3:27 pm, "Sandy" <[email protected]> wrote:

> France - 218 days maximum working days, not more than 6 days per week, and
> annual leave equal to five working weeks.
>
> South Africa - 278 maximum working days, not more than 6 days per week, and
> annual leave equal to 35 calendar days.
>
> USA - maximum days not numerically limited, unless by federal or state
> statute, no maximum days per week, working hours are subject to "salaried
> employees" provisions of federal and state legislation.

stupid french lawyer with nothing important to do,
RBR has a resident astrophysicist to help you with the numerical
limitations on max#days worked in a year. In the US it is more a law
of nature than a statute. And where I live, I can't work more than 7
days a week, much to the chagrin of my pets.

Bob Schwartz wrote:

> MagillaGorilla wrote:
>
>> Bob Schwartz wrote:

>>> The French have had a lot of success on the track at Worlds
>>> and in the Olympics. Track racing doesn't draw much attention
>>> which is a mixed blessing I suppose. But the witch hunters
>>> don't seem interested in checking their mineral water.
>>>
>>> Bob Schwartz

>> Yeah, the "witch hunters" don't really chase after track riders like
>> Tammy Thomas, Adam Sbeih (tested positive for EPO after US track
>> nationals), or Stephen Alfred.

> Good point.
>
> Those riders were all taken out by US based witch
> hunters. I wasn't clear about it, but I was referring
> to the **** Pound led witch hunters.
>

> Bob Schwartz

Cyclist submits urine sample. Lab test comes back positive. Pounds
gives quotes to the press.

How is such a sequence "led by" **** Pound? Name one case which ****
Pound was responsible for bringing about?

(Correct answer: NONE).

Magilla

Bob Schwartz wrote:

> MagillaGorilla wrote:
>
>> Bob Schwartz wrote:

>>> The French have had a lot of success on the track at Worlds
>>> and in the Olympics. Track racing doesn't draw much attention
>>> which is a mixed blessing I suppose. But the witch hunters
>>> don't seem interested in checking their mineral water.
>>>
>>> Bob Schwartz

>> Yeah, the "witch hunters" don't really chase after track riders like
>> Tammy Thomas, Adam Sbeih (tested positive for EPO after US track
>> nationals), or Stephen Alfred.

> Good point.
>

> But really, if Pound got wood over top trackies like
> he does over Tour contenders you would think there
> would be more people hitting the dirt over steroids.
>
> Bob Schwartz

Pound only says something after a cyclist tests positive. Not sure how
that makes Pound relevant to any doping case involving any athlete.
Pound doesn't runt he lab tests or decide the case.

Somehow Lance and the collective outcry of stupid cyclists and the UCI
has you repeating their baseless arguments.

Pound never did or said anything wrong.

Magilla

On Mar 26, 7:19 pm, MagillaGorilla <[email protected]> wrote:

> Pound doesn't runt he lab tests or decide the case.

dumbass,

only if pound made the LNDD run retroactive tests on armstrong's '99
samples and hand the results over to the reporter from le monde.

On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 12:11:20 -0400, MagillaGorilla <[email protected]> wrote:

>Tom Kunich wrote:
>> "Mike Jacoubowsky" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>
>>> "Kyle Legate" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>> news:[email protected]...

>>> The question was whether the lack of success by French teams really
>>> has much to do with doping.

>> When I was there I asked that question of the couple of intelligent
>> Frenchmen I met and they said it was because France had turned its back
>> on cycling as a sport because other sports were so much easier.
>>

>I know whenever I want to find out why millions of people do or don't do
>something, I ask one (1) person and then use that single person's answer
>to arrive at a definitive conclusion for the other millions I didn't ask.
>
>Thanks for the insight into your survey technique,

Observation has it that his sample sizes are greater than yours. You only to
consult your thumb.

MagillaGorilla wrote:
> Pound only says something after a cyclist tests positive. Not sure how
> that makes Pound relevant to any doping case involving any athlete.
> Pound doesn't runt he lab tests or decide the case.

LANCE had a positive test. Pound didn't say ****. No one
leaked the result which gave LANCE time to put his alibi
in place.

I don't think it's as simple as you make it out to be.

Bob Schwartz

Bob Schwartz wrote:

> MagillaGorilla wrote:
>
>> Pound only says something after a cyclist tests positive. Not sure
>> how that makes Pound relevant to any doping case involving any
>> athlete. Pound doesn't runt he lab tests or decide the case.

> LANCE had a positive test. Pound didn't say ****. No one
> leaked the result which gave LANCE time to put his alibi
> in place.
>
> I don't think it's as simple as you make it out to be.
>
> Bob Schwartz

I take categorical exception to everything you said above. When did
Lance have a "positive" test?

Magilla

Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
> "Kyle Legate" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
>>> "Kyle Legate" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>> news:[email protected]...
>>> The question was whether the lack of success by French teams really has
>>> much to do with doping.
>>>

>> I know what the question was. And yes, the lack of success does have much
>> to do with doping.

> So it's your opinion that the Festina affair radically changed French
> cycling culture... seemingly overnight... in a way that suddenly made doping
> non-existent? And this would be the primary reason for their lack of
> success in the years since?

I would say it's not as systematic on French teams as it is on other
teams. A systematic, team-organized approach is always more successful
than an every-man-for-himself approach. The Festina affair was traumatic
for French cycling, and the French riders surrendered overnight. French
surrender is not unprecedented, you know.

SLAVE of THE STATE wrote:
> stupid french lawyer with nothing important to do, RBR has a resident
> astrophysicist to help you with the numerical limitations on max#days
> worked in a year. In the US it is more a law of nature than a statute.
> And where I live, I can't work more than 7 days a week, much to the
> chagrin of my pets.

Well you could move to Venus and work a full day.