Labor Power -- "English please"

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by John Forrest To, Jul 14, 2003.

  1. Since I don't have OLN I'm forced to stoop to reading websites about racing (plus racing and
    training myself....).

    Is this for real:

    "Assessment: Back in the 90's, when Labor had an on-fire Rambo Fontuckey on-bored (with power
    synonymous to Turbo's), we won everything. It takes a TEAM to support and exploit powerhouses like
    these Mt Rushmore studs, Rambo, Turbo... For, eg, 9 times out of 10, Labor would send a sprinter up
    to Rambo, or at least ensure numbers in the break.... Postals with Turbo understood this in prior
    years. Today, Turbo must roll his eyes looking at these jaxFlailers. Jaxasses either are not good
    enuf, not smart enuf, or just lack chemistry. Hence, they flail to fully exploit Turbo. "

    From http://www.truesport.com/Bike/2003/articles/mka/mka10.html

    Is this like The Onion, only parodying bike race reports instead of news of the day?

    JT

    Tags:

  2. Warren

    Warren Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, John Forrest Tomlinson
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Since I don't have OLN I'm forced to stoop to reading websites about racing (plus racing and
    > training myself....).
    >
    > Is this for real:
    >
    > "Assessment: Back in the 90's, when Labor had an on-fire Rambo Fontuckey on-bored (with power
    > synonymous to Turbo's), we won everything. It takes a TEAM to support and exploit powerhouses like
    > these Mt Rushmore studs, Rambo, Turbo... For, eg, 9 times out of 10, Labor would send a sprinter
    > up to Rambo, or at least ensure numbers in the break.... Postals with Turbo understood this in
    > prior years. Today, Turbo must roll his eyes looking at these jaxFlailers. Jaxasses either are not
    > good enuf, not smart enuf, or just lack chemistry. Hence, they flail to fully exploit Turbo. "
    >
    > From http://www.truesport.com/Bike/2003/articles/mka/mka10.html
    >
    > Is this like The Onion, only parodying bike race reports instead of news of the day?

    Roger Worthington writes those reports about actual events (Masters mostly). It helps to know the
    real names for the nicknames he always uses. "Turbo" refers to Thurlow Rogers.

    -WG

  3. John Forrest Tomlinson <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "Assessment: Back in the 90's, when Labor had an on-fire Rambo Fontuckey on-bored (with power
    > synonymous to Turbo's), we won ...

    > From http://www.truesport.com/Bike/2003/articles/mka/mka10.html

    > Is this like The Onion, only parodying bike race reports instead of news of the day?

    I think it's at a frequency only SoCal Masters can hear.

    There's also the part where some guy is bragging about "No. 1 Masters Team in the Country."

    Compare to http://www.paramountracing.org/flyers/RD2003_results.htm and it almost seems to make
    sense, which must be some kind of bonk-induced delusion.

    Ben too slow for this crowd

  4. Ryan Barrett

    Ryan Barrett Guest

    > "No. 1 Masters Team in the Country."