Lacing question part two

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Eric, Feb 15, 2004.

  1. Eric

    Eric Guest

    Thanks for the answers. I heard that crows foot made a reliable wheel. I just didn't know if it was
    a front wheel only application. Sheldon and others recommend a half radial to bring the wheel's
    sides to a more even tension. I am asking if anyone build a half radial (non drive side) with a 36
    hole hub (Chris King). I was planning on calling them on Monday. Thanks for the advise, Eric

    --
    Eric [email protected] remove the "nospam" from the address to reply!!

    Tags:

  2. I built a half radial wheel for my commuter using a 36H LX hub and Mavic T519 rim (I'm 195 and carry
    about 20 pounds extra on a rear pannier). Damn thing never stayed true more than a week despite 140
    kg tension on the drive side (measure with a Wheelsmith tensiometer). Switched to 3x and haven't had
    a problem since (3 years ago). I believe that a crossed spoke is less likely to go slack because it
    is supported by another one that is not at reduced tension when it is.

    news:[email protected]...