lack of substance

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Jd, Mar 30, 2003.

  1. Bb

    Bb Guest

    On 30 Mar 2003 17:11:42 -0800, JD wrote:

    > I just hike along trails and take pictures of strangers on bikes. I don't really ride.

    Then who's that gangly dude in the first picture?

  2. Simon

    Simon Guest

    <snip links see original post>

    | I just hike along trails and take pictures of strangers on bikes. I don't really ride.
    |
    | JD

    Awesome photos once more there Pete. In my next life I want to be an american or canadian. I cant
    afford trips back and forth everytime I want landscape like that.

    Simon....heading to Cyprus in 43 days

  3. JD says:

    >I just hike along trails and take pictures of strangers on bikes. I don't really ride.

    That was getting to be pretty obvious ;-)

    Steve

  4. BB says:

    >Then who's that gangly dude in the first picture?

    His evil twin. Names, anyone?

    Steve

  5. JD wrote:

    > I just hike along trails and take pictures of strangers on bikes. I don't really ride.

    Typical Poseur!

  6. Simon wrote:
    > <snip links see original post>
    >
    > | I just hike along trails and take pictures of strangers on bikes. I don't really ride.
    > |
    > | JD
    >
    > Awesome photos once more there Pete.

    Ah, so THAT'S the name of JD's evil twin ;)

    Jon Bond

  7. Simon

    Simon Guest

    "Simon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    | "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    | <snip links see original post>
    |
    | | I just hike along trails and take pictures of strangers on bikes. I don't really ride.
    | |
    | | JD
    |
    | Awesome photos once more there Pete. In my next life I want to be an american or canadian. I cant
    | afford trips back and forth everytime I want landscape like that.
    |
    | Simon....heading to Cyprus in 43 days

    Ooops slight technical difficulty in getting correct names, that will teach me to multi task.

    Simon.........guess i just associate decent photos with pete

  8. Bb

    Bb Guest

    On 31 Mar 2003 01:39:05 GMT, Stephen Baker wrote:
    > BB says:
    >
    >>Then who's that gangly dude in the first picture?
    >
    > His evil twin. Names, anyone?

    Now, THAT's a scary thought!

  9. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    > http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/033003009.jpg
    >
    > http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/033003011.jpg
    >
    > http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/033003014.jpg
    >
    > http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/033003015.jpg
    >
    > http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/033003017.jpg
    >
    > http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/033003018.jpg
    >
    > http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/033003019.jpg
    >
    > I just hike along trails and take pictures of strangers on bikes. I don't really ride.

    So where were the women when the former Moderator and I were out there last summer?!?

    Bill "maybe I wouldn't have been in such a hurry leaving, and not gotten a ticket in Steptah, and
    now could still afford car insurance" S.

  10. "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/033003009.jpg
    >
    > http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/033003011.jpg
    >
    > http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/033003014.jpg
    >
    > http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/033003015.jpg
    >
    > http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/033003017.jpg
    >
    > http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/033003018.jpg
    >
    > http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/033003019.jpg
    >
    > I just hike along trails and take pictures of strangers on bikes. I don't really ride.
    >
    > JD

    JD, Absoloutely stunning, but - I know you wouldn't ride off trail, so where the f*ck are the paths?

    Also where the hell is the mud? its winter dontcha know. How many times do you have to clean your
    bike - once every 5 years???

    Steve E.

  11. Jd

    Jd Guest

    "spademan o---[\) *" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > JD, Absoloutely stunning, but - I know you wouldn't ride off trail, so where the f*ck are
    > the paths?

    The trail we were riding was unused all Winter until we rode it yesterday. Of course, the slickrock
    portions were marked with rock cairns. Freeze lift is a phenomenon that lifts the dirt up on the
    trail and somewhat erases the trail, which is why some of the pics look like there is no trail.
    This particular route has been there for at least 15 years and is rarely ridden. The pic of Mrs.
    Angry jumping is at an angle that doesn't show the trail at all, though it is defined really well
    in that area.

    > Also where the hell is the mud? its winter dontcha know. How many times do you have to clean your
    > bike - once every 5 years???

    Last time I checked my calendar, March 21st had passed and it's Spring, not Winter. We don't ride in
    the mud here, it ruins the trails. When it rains, we go to Moab. I clean my bikes once every few
    rides to check for any signs of impending failure. When the Tange fork on my SS was cracked, it
    probably saved me a tip to the hospital by catching it before it failed.

    JD's evil twin

  12. Bb

    Bb Guest

    Was I the only one who didn't "get" the subject?

  13. BB says:

    >Was I the only one who didn't "get" the subject?

    No - you were the only one who felt they had to comment on it...

    ;-P

    Steve

  14. Jd

    Jd Guest

    [email protected] (JD) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>... The
    lack of substance is in reference to those who bitch and moan about how I conduct myself in this
    newsgroup. Their lack of substance is constantly showing whereas I occasionally have some real
    substance to post here. All of the leg humpers are cordially invited to not read any of my posts and
    piss off as well.

    JD

  15. ..::Tbf::..

    ..::Tbf::.. Guest

    --
    http://members.rogers.com/theblackfoxx/ "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > [email protected] (JD) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > The lack of substance is in reference to those who bitch and moan about how I conduct myself in
    > this newsgroup. Their lack of substance is constantly showing whereas I occasionally have some
    > real substance to post here. All of the leg humpers are cordially invited to not read any of my
    > posts and piss off as well.
    >
    > JD

    same to you hippie boy

  16. Jd

    Jd Guest

    "..::TBF::.." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > http://members.rogers.com/theblackfoxx/ "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > [email protected] (JD) wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > The lack of substance is in reference to those who bitch and moan about how I conduct myself in
    > > this newsgroup. Their lack of substance is constantly showing whereas I occasionally have some
    > > real substance to post here. All of the leg humpers are cordially invited to not read any of my
    > > posts and piss off as well.
    > >
    > > JD
    >
    > same to you hippie boy

    Look, I caught a minnow.

    BTW, make up your mind Sybil. In another thread you called me a man and now you call me a boy. Are
    you some kind of racist or something?

    JD

  17. Supabonbon

    Supabonbon Guest

    [email protected] (Stephen Baker) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > BB says:
    >
    > >Then who's that gangly dude in the first picture?
    > >

    > His evil twin. Names, anyone?
    >
    > Steve

    Oh, I don't know. How about 'DJ'?

    /s