Lactate Threashold

Billsworld

Sep 6, 2005
Can I get some thoughts on watts based drills to increase LT for Kilo ( mid August peak.) Current 1 min power is just south of 700 @ 82 kgs Thanks

Meek One said:
Awesome progressive weight drop!!! :eek:
At my age its easier to get shreaded than make 2000 watts. No longer have the frontal area of a UPS truck either.

Billsworld said:
At my age its easier to get shreaded than make 2000 watts. No longer have the frontal area of a UPS truck either.

Sometimes I just wear a UPS vest... People behind me at 40km/h are putting out collectively about 100 watts :rolleyes:

I can't wait for you to drop the National Team...too bad Hoy retired from the kilo. :D

Meek One said:
Sometimes I just wear a UPS vest... People behind me at 40km/h are putting out collectively about 100 watts :rolleyes:

I can't wait for you to drop the National Team...too bad Hoy retired from the kilo. :D
I think Hoy would be in the 10watts per kg range , not8.5~ Someone smarter than I , estimated his 1 min power to be 950 for his attempt .I am not nearly that fast. Wouldnt mind going under 1:10 though....1:0999 :D ..Just look at all the world class power profiles on this site:rolleyes: My numbers are chump change.

Billsworld said:
Can I get some thoughts on watts based drills to increase LT for Kilo ( mid August peak.)

Performance in a kilometer TT isn't positively related to your LT - in fact, I would expect an inverse relationship.

acoggan said:
Performance in a kilometer TT isn't positively related to your LT - in fact, I would expect an inverse relationship.
The first 30 secs are going ok, whats the the best way to help the rest.....with the time I have left.? I have been doing 1 min on 2 off ,and some 5 minute intervals at the track to help with the suffering.I am looking for some things to try that make sense. Thanks

Billsworld said:
The first 30 secs are going ok, whats the the best way to help the rest.....with the time I have left?

Try 4-6 x 1000 m from a standing start, allowing at least 10 min of very easy pedaling or complete rest between efforts, preferably longer. Pack it in for the day when you can no longer get w/in ~10% of the power/speed you achieve in the first couple of efforts.

acoggan said:
Try 4-6 x 1000 m from a standing start, allowing at least 10 min of very easy pedaling or complete rest between efforts, preferably longer. Pack it in for the day when you can no longer get w/in ~10% of the power/speed you achieve in the first couple of efforts.
Geeze I thought we were friends

fergie said:
There is no easy way to train for a Kilo. Learn to love the pain.
Thanks guys. I worked real hard to get my 20 minute power up and cut some body mass to help with this problem . My power is way up in every catagory and I am 20lbs~ lighter.I can get up to 37+ mph in a 53x15 but I still blow apart too soon. I think part of my problem is my breathing on the first 200 or so. I have a tendancy to hold my breath too much during hard sprints. Do you ever have to teach proper breathing to your sprinters...FWIW Dr. C isnt the only one that has given me similar advice.