ladies, need product recommendation for leg shaving

speedy_gt

Dec 28, 2004
The shaving part I got, what do you recommend for that burning sensation after you shave. I do use a shaving gel, and good razors. Lotion is not helping at all, actually makes it worse. What should I try?

thanks.

speedy_gt said:
The shaving part I got, what do you recommend for that burning sensation after you shave. I do use a shaving gel, and good razors. Lotion is not helping at all, actually makes it worse. What should I try?

thanks.
Hmmm, it could be technique - it sounds like you are giving yourself razor burn of some type, so maybe try not putting as much pressure on the razor, go slowly with fairly short strokes (don't try to go all of the way up your leg all at once) and shave regularly to get your skin and hair used to it. I do my legs everyday, mainly because my hair grows fairly fast and so I don't have to be as meticulous about not missing any bits.

Eden said:
Hmmm, it could be technique - it sounds like you are giving yourself razor burn of some type, so maybe try not putting as much pressure on the razor, go slowly with fairly short strokes (don't try to go all of the way up your leg all at once) and shave regularly to get your skin and hair used to it. I do my legs everyday, mainly because my hair grows fairly fast and so I don't have to be as meticulous about not missing any bits.
The short strokes provided better results with minor irritation. I to do it on a daily basis, for easy maintenance. I have been riding for many years and have shaved my legs just as long. Always had the irritation so I thought I'd finally get some input. Also, I only wear shorts when I ride do to what kind of reactions and looks I would get for having shaved legs. As far as a womans opinion, (non-rider) how do you think that they would react to the site. Do you think it would be a turn off?

speedy_gt said:
Also, I only wear shorts when I ride do to what kind of reactions and looks I would get for having shaved legs. As far as a womans opinion, (non-rider) how do you think that they would react to the site. Do you think it would be a turn off?
I ride and I shave my legs and so does the hubby. I certainly don't find it to be a turn off, but I am not a non-rider. I do think that there are women of all tastes out there, some (riders and non riders alike) like a very hairy guy and some like a clean shaven guy, so I wouldn't worry about it if I were you.

speedy_gt said:

thanks.

try to disinfectant the razors every time when you use .

speedy_gt said:
The short strokes provided better results with minor irritation. I to do it on a daily basis, for easy maintenance. I have been riding for many years and have shaved my legs just as long. Always had the irritation so I thought I'd finally get some input. Also, I only wear shorts when I ride do to what kind of reactions and looks I would get for having shaved legs. As far as a womans opinion, (non-rider) how do you think that they would react to the site. Do you think it would be a turn off?
They first guy I ever met that shaved his legs was a guy I dated in college. I was a bit surprised at first to see his hairless legs but he told me he did it because he was a cyclist. I thought it was kind of cool. But he was built pretty nice, not a little skinny dude. Personally, I think it looks good if they guy looks masculine. Which, I guess, is a matter of opinion also.