Ladies Poll: Men on Bikes

Seeing as I'm a cyclist with a bodybuilding background, I get this impression of 2 extremes where sexual attraction is concerned. I'll elaborate:
When I first started bodybuilding I had this impression that girls would be knocked out by muscles. Of course, you hear girls say they like "a bit of muscle" but guys and ladies have 2 different conceptions of "muscle". My idea of muscle was 17 arms, whereas not many ladies actually like guys whose arms are propped out by their lats.
So, after some years as a bodybuilder I concluded that girls don't really like muscular guys at all - unless you're going to call a guy with a 15 inch bicep "muscular" (as most girls do).
As for cycling, I figure the pro cyclists are basically a little too skinny for most women. Exceptions may well be Miguel Indurain who had a fairly athletic body and carried a fair degree of muscle around the legs. Lance also looks fairly athletic and would probably appeal to most ladies more than, say, Schwarzennegger. Ladies, am I right or wrong?
My conclusion is, however, that most females would go for these black sprinters (I mean running sprinters) who seem to have small waists, broad shoulders and good muscle tone. I think women like small waists and a bit of muscle but cyclists are probably too skinny to be their ideal and bodybuilders carry too much mass and basically turn women off.
I've already discussed this with women in the gym who tell me they do definitely lust after us guys but seem to go for balance and proportion.
Of course, only the ladies know what they really go for but I can only go on what some of them have said to me over the months.

alicem said:
~Hummm~ I can't pick from your specific categories but what I will say is that seeing the vast majority of the riders up close (as in getting off their bikes and into their buses/cars after a stage, or even on the road) they look fit, healthy, tanned, lean, clean and so incredibly strong......

YET...so very small (almost like what you imagine the Kelme riders enmasse look) and on the whole compare to pre pubescent girls who are incredibly thin and small hipped/waisted it grosses me out.

HOWEVER, get those sprinters coming past and I just melt!!!! PHWOAR, they are just delectable and more than swoon worthy no matter what lycra vomit churning jerseys they are wearing!-The shorts rarely are as spectacularly coloured so one can swoon away without disruption!!! That lycra really shows off their 'assets' and as even my own Mother couldn't help but comment on O'Grady's 'package' from a stadium shot I had snapped. That is saying something!

A male swimmer is my ideal, second come road sprinters and the climbers personally don't do anything for me despite their obvious strength as I am 5'8 anyway so it just would be out of kilt. However, track sprinters are the epitomy of grossness for me...thighs are way out of kin to their overall body but that is a necessary evil.

Just pass over the Hincapies/Cipo's of this world and I am one happy girl!!!!

How girlie and lovely to just talk of the 'phwoar' factor!

Alice :D

Carrera said:
Seeing as I'm a cyclist with a bodybuilding background, I get this impression of 2 extremes where sexual attraction is concerned. I'll elaborate:
When I first started bodybuilding I had this impression that girls would be knocked out by muscles. Of course, you hear girls say they like "a bit of muscle" but guys and ladies have 2 different conceptions of "muscle". My idea of muscle was 17 arms, whereas not many ladies actually like guys whose arms are propped out by their lats.
So, after some years as a bodybuilder I concluded that girls don't really like muscular guys at all - unless you're going to call a guy with a 15 inch bicep "muscular" (as most girls do).
As for cycling, I figure the pro cyclists are basically a little too skinny for most women. Exceptions may well be Miguel Indurain who had a fairly athletic body and carried a fair degree of muscle around the legs. Lance also looks fairly athletic and would probably appeal to most ladies more than, say, Schwarzennegger. Ladies, am I right or wrong?
My conclusion is, however, that most females would go for these black sprinters (I mean running sprinters) who seem to have small waists, broad shoulders and good muscle tone. I think women like small waists and a bit of muscle but cyclists are probably too skinny to be their ideal and bodybuilders carry too much mass and basically turn women off.
I've already discussed this with women in the gym who tell me they do definitely lust after us guys but seem to go for balance and proportion.
Of course, only the ladies know what they really go for but I can only go on what some of them have said to me over the months.

When I was a Pro in Europe many years ago I learnt that the ladies weren't interested in leg muscle, the men were. What the girls liked was a nice botty on the riders, and they always to liked to give it a pat. Isn't that right girls? They like to discuss it with their friends, its called 'Top of the Bots'.

I recall a very lusty conversation I had with a girl in my gym on the theme of lust. It started when I made the comment that guys lust after women in the gym more than women lust after us guys. As proof, I pointed out you can see how guys' eyes wander when a lady in a leotard strolls in the premises yet womens' eyes stay on the dumbells e.t.c.
However, I was corrected over this. She told me that she lusted after guys in the gym all the time and so do other girls (so maybe they are just more subtle). She also confessed she liked butts and thighs and suddenly came over quite lustful as she described her preferences.
However, I think all you cyclists can take comfort in the fact most women probably prefer cyclists to bodybuilders, with runners and gymnasts taking the overall lead.
While we're on a similar theme, I'll add that I also have preferences where females are concerned. I like a nice tight butt on a lady and long legs, shapely shoulders and back and more serious in character than giggly. But legs are a definite turn-on - a pair of sexy legs on a girl could cause me to lose concentration on my bike and crash.
I also love to see ladies in cheerleaders costumes - something that used to appeal to Bill Clinton apparently.

FredC said:
When I was a Pro in Europe many years ago I learnt that the ladies weren't interested in leg muscle, the men were. What the girls liked was a nice botty on the riders, and they always to liked to give it a pat. Isn't that right girls? They like to discuss it with their friends, its called 'Top of the Bots'.

Carrera said:
I think that's true. Not many women like the bodybuilder type.

Carrera said:
As for cycling, I figure the pro cyclists are basically a little too skinny for most women. Exceptions may well be Miguel Indurain who had a fairly athletic body and carried a fair degree of muscle around the legs. Lance also looks fairly athletic and would probably appeal to most ladies more than, say, Schwarzennegger. Ladies, am I right or wrong?.
I think most ladies would say you are right. Lance and Jan have the better builds in the peloton. The spindly arms, of the climbers in particular, are generally not attractive.

Carrera said:
Sprinters?! Hmm, I don't know about that one. I think most women like the beach volleyball player or swimmer type body. Lean and lanky but with defined muscles. Sprinters are too blocky and overly developed.

I think there are some women out there who really don't care about body types. Some women are more interested in a guy with a brain and a great personality. Some women think that there is nothing sexier than a guy who likes to read. Some women would rather sleep with Bubba than with a man who spends hours in a gym perfecting his body. That's just what I hear.

As far as cyclists, I hear that some women don't like lycra on guys. Some women prefer that guys wear baggy shorts and not shave all their hair in the places where hair should be. Hair is nice. Hair is good.

Keep it real.

Ok, here's my opinion. Men in the complete get-up tight gear is HOT. Mhm. Don't be scared to show your selves off.

Saucy said:
I was inspired by the “spandex” and “shaving” threads to set up a poll for the ladies to guage their opinion on how they feel about the whole cycling “look” as it pertains to male cyclists. You know what I mean: tight lycra, pink jerseys, shaved legs etc. I like to call these guys Cyclometrosexuals. Or Metrosexualcyclists. Or Metrocyclosexuals.

FYI, you can select more than one option. Enjoy!

Well, I have to respond...... The shaving thing is (can be) interesting. I personally like a woman who shaves. Do I? Well........

juf2m said:
For me, coming from the ballet world, I used to think there was NOTHING sexier than male dancers in tights (except maybe for certain rock stars), but now that I have a cyclist as a boyfriend, and after watching my first TdF, I have entered a whole new world of droolworthyness!!!! LOVE the shorts, the cute, hard little asses pumping away and the packages! :D

Wow, my kind of woman!

velogal said:
are you kidding me? guys in lycra with great butts, lots of endurance and theyre all trying to get a stiffer frame than the other guys!

Endurance that is something that us bike boys have over some of the other's of our sex. Does your mind wonder when you ride? Do you think....does he shave other areas too...?

velogal said:
yes, you're right, there are lots of guys who aren't pro who are totally studly and cool. didn't want to sound like a gold digger.

[b said:
juf2m[/b]] For me, coming from the ballet world, I used to think there was NOTHING sexier than male dancers in tights (except maybe for certain rock stars), but now that I have a cyclist as a boyfriend, and after watching my first TdF, I have entered a whole new world of droolworthyness!!!! LOVE the shorts, the cute, hard little asses pumping away and the packages!
origanic said:
Ok, here's my opinion. Men in the complete get-up tight gear is HOT. Mhm. Don't be scared to show your selves off.

Sexist pig-dogs, all of ye!