Ladies Poll: Men on Bikes

Gotta agree with darkboong. Not saying I have large genitalia or anything but nothing of mine is gonna fit in the hole in my saddle (nope, not even on those freezing cold winter rides).

Originally posted by mjw_byrne
Gotta agree with darkboong. Not saying I have large genitalia or anything but nothing of mine is gonna fit in the hole in my saddle (nope, not even on those freezing cold winter rides).

no one has ever talked about shrinkage before on these boards.

does carbon shrink in the cold??

((see how i am trying to shift it back to biking LOL))

I answered on behalf of my wife, who is not a cyclist.

she was a little bemused when i started shaving, but now perfers it

For me, coming from the ballet world, I used to think there was NOTHING sexier than male dancers in tights (except maybe for certain rock stars), but now that I have a cyclist as a boyfriend, and after watching my first TdF, I have entered a whole new world of droolworthyness!!!! LOVE the shorts, the cute, hard little asses pumping away and the packages! :D

are you kidding me? guys in lycra with great butts, lots of endurance and theyre all trying to get a stiffer frame than the other guys!

velogal said:
are you kidding me? guys in lycra with great butts, lots of endurance and theyre all trying to get a stiffer frame than the other guys!

Velogal, some here thought you had left! I guess the news of your demise was highly exaggerated ;)

Well, this rider doesn't need a stiffer frame...because there isn't a stiffer frame available!

would that be stiff in the way of Al, Ti, carbon or steel?? each has their own advantages:)

Weisse Luft said:
Velogal, some here thought you had left! I guess the news of your demise was highly exaggerated ;)

Well, this rider doesn't need a stiffer frame...because there isn't a stiffer frame available!

velogal said:
studs on bikes?

mario cippolini is the total package!

Glad you think so...Super Mario used to ride a bike just like mine. And I used to wear Briko Stingers so my friends called me Cipo although my hair is a few shades lighter. Just as long, though.

an s-works?

how long is long?;)

Weisse Luft said:
Glad you think so...Super Mario used to ride a bike just like mine. And I used to wear Briko Stingers so my friends called me Cipo although my hair is a few shades lighter. Just as long, though.

velogal said:
an s-works?

how long is long?;)

Before he came out. Of retirement. A Saeco Cannondale. Ok, it is a 2000 CAAD4. But its a light, stiff frame and swapping out the crappy Prodigy with a good all carbon makes a really light bike. Mine is 15 pounds all up.

I never have to apply sunscreen to my neck. And I can never be called a literal "red neck".

velogal said:
studs on bikes?

mario cippolini is the total package!

I recall an article several years ago in which several prominent riders where asked what they most enjoyed doing. Armstrong responded that his favorite thing to do was to ride his bike, racing or not. Cippolini responded that his favorite things was his shoes. He went on to say that he had over 300 pair of shoes and that it wasn't only in wearing them that he found enjoyment. He sometimes would take them all out of the closet and just arrange them in a room and sit back and look at them.

While such a practice doesn't indicate anything of substance regarding the rest of one's likes or dislikes and certainly doesn't indicate anything concerning sexual preference, I find that, fair or not, it does give me pause for thought.

ok, i'm going to have to seriously re-consider signor cippolini. i never figured him for imelda marcos in sidis.

so where does that leave us? lance is divorced and how should i say this, aesthetically challenged. basso - cute but married. chris hoy - no. brad wiggins - no way. ryan bayley - certainly not. Jan - way too german. forget them.

besides, a few guys here show they are not afraid of their testosterone. that's a good thing.

Beastt said:
I recall an article several years ago in which several prominent riders where asked what they most enjoyed doing. Armstrong responded that his favorite thing to do was to ride his bike, racing or not. Cippolini responded that his favorite things was his shoes. He went on to say that he had over 300 pair of shoes and that it wasn't only in wearing them that he found enjoyment. He sometimes would take them all out of the closet and just arrange them in a room and sit back and look at them.

While such a practice doesn't indicate anything of substance regarding the rest of one's likes or dislikes and certainly doesn't indicate anything concerning sexual preference, I find that, fair or not, it does give me pause for thought.

velogal said:
ok, i'm going to have to seriously re-consider signor cippolini. i never figured him for imelda marcos in sidis.

so where does that leave us? lance is divorced and how should i say this, aesthetically challenged. basso - cute but married. chris hoy - no. brad wiggins - no way. ryan bayley - certainly not. Jan - way too german. forget them.

besides, a few guys here show they are not afraid of their testosterone. that's a good thing.

Why go pro? There are plenty of USCF racers who look like gods...I'd send you a picture but alas, you keep us all on short leash with your decline of private messages and no email :(

On Cipo, he's married and Italian. That means he has at least 50 pairs of shoes and drives a red car. Don't ask why, it is just an Italian thing.

cippolini married, not gay. got it. crossed him off the list.

yes, you're right, there are lots of guys who aren't pro who are totally studly and cool. didn't want to sound like a gold digger.

you can understand why i don't list email or messages - as stiffupperlip proves, there are a lot of creeps out there. i don't know how i got into these threads. i got on this forum to look for biking tips after getting my road bike.

it your fault!:) you asked the arafat question and suckered me in:)
but that's totally cool. i'm a political junkie surrounded by what seems to be a generation of dope smoking slackers. terrible stereotype, especially coming from a surfer chick/ski bunny. but hell, the kids, and i do mean kids, i talk to in school knew they wanted to vote for kerry but had no reason WHY they should vote for kerry. i think most of them were incapable of finding the polling places, thank God!

Weisse Luft said:
Why go pro? There are plenty of USCF racers who look like gods...I'd send you a picture but alas, you keep us all on short leash with your decline of private messages and no email :(

On Cipo, he's married and Italian. That means he has at least 50 pairs of shoes and drives a red car. Don't ask why, it is just an Italian thing.

velogal said:
you can understand why i don't list email or messages - as stiffupperlip proves, there are a lot of creeps out there. i don't know how i got into these threads. i got on this forum to look for biking tips after getting my road bike.

Well, sounds like ou don't need an tips on dating...staying away from the potheads, slackers and liberals would make the strictest shotgun toting father proud! But that is about my limit on this subject. Now cycling tips...

Just got back from a night ride. Its rather cool, in the 40's. I made a mistake in my windbreaker selection as it trapped all the vapor. Didn't notice until stopping, fortunately at my car. With nothing to change into, I ran the seat heaters for 20 minutes at full blast until getting comfortably warm. Lesson here? GoreTex only when raining.

BTW, I haven't been to CO in 5 years and last time I was in C. Springs was ~1982 when my cousin was at the AF Academy. I have friends in Golden and will be doing Mt. Evans next year, as soon as it opens in the spring. If you really want to know your limits, Evans will show you! A certain pro racer's brother told me of this mythic climb when we were on a particularily brutal ride. I didn't believe it until getting tunnel vision and hypoxia at ~13,000 feet.

i'm not sure i'm ready for mt evans on my bike! maybe next summer - but i'll probably go back to the big island for summer next year. who knows? we did hike pikes peak this summer. that was miserable, but i'm glad i did it. by the time we got to the top we were moving in slow motion from hypoxia. its cool at the top because they have 'flavored' oxygen for sale! we each took a hit off that. some local guys did a kamikaze illegal descent of pikes peak last year. they said they hit over 60mph in the dirt. i'd love to try that, but i'm chicken because i don't want to get arrested!

i hear you on the goretex. the problem is that its price and i spent most of my money on my new bike:) the winter will probably hit hard and fast here and unless i have a group to ride with i won't be out n the cold on the bike too often. one of the local bike shops has a spinning class they run all winter so i'll probably bring my bike there a few times a week.

loveland ski area just opened - its too late to get a road trip going and i have to work all weekend anyway:(

Weisse Luft said:
Well, sounds like ou don't need an tips on dating...staying away from the potheads, slackers and liberals would make the strictest shotgun toting father proud! But that is about my limit on this subject. Now cycling tips...

Just got back from a night ride. Its rather cool, in the 40's. I made a mistake in my windbreaker selection as it trapped all the vapor. Didn't notice until stopping, fortunately at my car. With nothing to change into, I ran the seat heaters for 20 minutes at full blast until getting comfortably warm. Lesson here? GoreTex only when raining.

BTW, I haven't been to CO in 5 years and last time I was in C. Springs was ~1982 when my cousin was at the AF Academy. I have friends in Golden and will be doing Mt. Evans next year, as soon as it opens in the spring. If you really want to know your limits, Evans will show you! A certain pro racer's brother told me of this mythic climb when we were on a particularily brutal ride. I didn't believe it until getting tunnel vision and hypoxia at ~13,000 feet.

Weisse Luft said:

Dum di dum di dum. Love is in the air. I can see it all around me. La di da di da..........

i think its called self flagulation....

old Heiss luft has a problem with his multiple personalities methinks.