Ladies Singlespeed Commuter

aworthycause

Aug 26, 2009
Hello Ladies, I am trying to find a simple easily maintained bike for my wife. She likes going fast so an upright commuter would frowned upon. Anyone know any companies who do this kind of thing in ladies sizes?
Thanks!

The single-speed market is probably still too small to fragment any further into separate women's and men's lines. But for women about 5'3" or taller, I've had decent luck fitting them to Trek men's road frames in the smaller sizes. Check out the Trek District range.

aworthycause said:
I am trying to find a simple easily maintained bike for my wife. She likes going fast so an upright commuter would frowned upon. Anyone know any companies who do this kind of thing in ladies sizes?
Why don't you DIY & have a rim laced to an ENO hub (I'm presuming her current frame has vertical dropouts AND is properly sized for your wife)?

Depending on your wife's current bike, if it has a threadless fork/etc, then a pair of the Campy-inspired TEKTRO brake levers on a SECOND handlebar will allow for a fairly easy conversion back to a geared bike if-and-when ...

OR, DIY on a second frame.

The Phoenix was very excited with this prospect because it was born to be reborn into something greater than itself while the grumpy Dragon mulled what he might lose if he worked with Phoenix. This went on for many years until a giant thought to talk with Phoenix and Dragon. Well, as legend has it, the giant finally got the Dragon to agree, but the conditions of this the giant required his name be placed in the name of the company and the dragon insisted that his name be kept as well. The Phoenix, not wanting to look weak, also insisted on this.