LAF LiveStrong Bracelet

rhino

New Member
Nov 16, 2003
Other than e-bay, where can one get these bracelets in Melbourne?

Hoping to find one somewhere in Melbourne, not order from overseas.

"rhino" <[email protected]
> Hoping to find one somewhere in Melbourne, not order from overseas.

Hmm.. then I can only really suggest bike shops
and roadies with a stash (of bands!).

I know a few people with them but I think most bought
them online.

hippy

rhino said:
Other than e-bay, where can one get these bracelets in Melbourne?
i got mine at the nike shop on swanston street, melbourne. This was in July and im not sure if they still stock them.
Please, if you can avoid it, dont buy them off ebay. Considering they are for charity and some people are selling them for up to $15 on ebay i think it is a bit rude to make money off charitable items. Of course, i take this all back if the person is donating all profits to charity but i will rest on the side of skepticism for the moment.

byron27 said:
i got mine at the nike shop on swanston street, melbourne. This was in July and im not sure if they still stock them.
Please, if you can avoid it, dont buy them off ebay. Considering they are for charity and some people are selling them for up to $15 on ebay i think it is a bit rude to make money off charitable items. Of course, i take this all back if the person is donating all profits to charity but i will rest on the side of skepticism for the moment.
I got mine at Nike Melb too, but long gone now, my brother got some from the Nike factory outlet (in collingwood I think), but they are likely all gone too given the popularity.

Dominic Sansom said:

Hi Rhino,

I ordered mine through the LAF site... you can only order 10... it's not as though i'm going though 10 any time soon, so if you come on a BR ride, i'll give you one then... how does that sound??

"kyra" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Dominic Sansom Wrote:
> > Anyone got one of these?
> >
> > http://www.livewrong.net/

> Hi Rhino,
>
> I ordered mine through the LAF site... you can only order 10... it's
> not as though i'm going though 10 any time soon, so if you come on a BR
> ride, i'll give you one then... how does that sound??
> --
> kyra

Kyra,

Put me down for one for the next BR that we are both at (I am happy to pay
you for it).

I was actually considering ordering a box of 100 that would cost me
US$132.50 to get FedExed to my door. Once I had worked out how much this
was in $AU on the day (about $170 to $180 at a rough guess), then I was
going to sell them off to mates for $1.70 or $1.80 and whatever were left I
was going to put on Ebay with a "buy it now" price of about $2 to cover my
costs (including Ebay fees) only. I figured that by doing this I would be
able to undersell all the cheeky bastards who have them on Ebay for $12 and
more.........

Who would be interested in one if I decide to do it??? If enough people are
keen then I will definately do it.

For the Record......my motivation is that my Mum was diagnosed with Bowel
Cancer 18 months ago, had chemo, radiation therapy, and operation to remove
half of bowels. All went well and she was given the all clear in about
August last year. November last year she had some abdomonial pains and
after tests was diagnosed with liver cancer. She is now recovering from an
operation to remove a tennis ball sized cancer from her liver (looks like a
shark bite to the midsection).

I guarantee that I will not be making any money out of this (please follow
ebay for gags_44 to confirm if I end up going ahead with the purchase).

Ride On,

Gags

Kyra,

Thank-you for that offer, I will take it up. I really must get off the Mountain bike and come on a road ride.

Hippy, if you read this and at the next Tuesday dirt crits, can you please get me organised for a road ride!!!!!

Thanks.

"rhino" <[email protected]
> Thank-you for that offer, I will take it up. I really must get off the
> Mountain bike and come on a road ride.

You'd kill me! I've seen you race, remember :)

> Hippy, if you read this and at the next Tuesday dirt crits, can you
> please get me organised for a road ride!!!!!

Doh. I've got a meeting with His Coachiness tonight. I'm
usually racing at Glenvale on Sunday, but have you
thought about joining in the BR rides that leave from
Doncaster? You do have a road bike? (Just wondering
exactly what you meant by 'organised'!!).
The BR rides are more fun than the Beach Rd. hammer
fests.. maybe not quite as fast :)
I've kinda been staying out of the hills, because like
running (hack, curse, splutter, evil, arrr) climbing hills
kills my leg speed (what little I have).

hippy