Laff, call your therapist

benjo maso wrote:

> Frankly, I have never quite understood that animosity against Brian
> Lafferty. True, I am not always reading all of his postings. But have I
> missed something scandalous or outrageous?
>
> Benjo

Dumbass -

If you monitored this group regularly, you'd notice the same thing,
over and over and over, about the same person, over and over and over
and over.

It's boring, especially the sanctimoniousness of it. After all,
cycling, like any other spectator sport, is entertainment.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

"Steven Bornfeld" <[email protected]> wrote ...

> I think I may have seen some of them. Was it he who outed you as clergy?
> I don't remember that it seemed a serious threat. Of course, these things
> probably seem more serious when they're directed at you.

Yes, it was he. Outing me as clergy was a betrayal of trust, not a threat.
I've posted elsewhere in rbr on what the clergy label does.

JF

B. Lafferty wrote:

> If you bother to look at my posting here at rbr back to 1994 regarding drugs
> in cycling, you will see that Armstrong is but a very small part of what I
> have raised and questioned. You will also see that I have posted
> information about and commented on numerous other dopers in the peloton and
> amateur ranks since 1999.

But it seems that, these days, you demonstrate a fixation
with a certain RETIRED formerly-professional cyclist.
It's almost like Libby obsessing over Wilson - you obsess
over his blonde(s) too.

> > Posting articles in French isn't a cardinal sin. Crowing about
> > the content of the articles without translating any of the good
> > bits is a little tedious though.

> It's only tedious for provencials not seeking to expand their world view.

I'm not entirely sure what the idiom is for "people from
Provence" but I'm fairly sure that "provencials" isn't it.
Anyway, it's obnoxious and you know that - you do it _because_
it's obnoxious. Other people who post links to untranslated
articles don't get the flames you do, because they don't call
themselves better than all the "provencials."

B. Lafferty wrote:
> The reason people are so agitated now is that
> rbr these days is primarily populated by US cyclists who can't face the
> problems of drugs in cycling, particularly as to Armstrong.

Dude,

You are in serious denial here. Give Sigmund a call.

Bob Schwartz

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> B. Lafferty wrote:
>
>> If you bother to look at my posting here at rbr back to 1994 regarding
>> drugs
>> in cycling, you will see that Armstrong is but a very small part of what
>> have raised and questioned. You will also see that I have posted
>> information about and commented on numerous other dopers in the peloton
>> and
>> amateur ranks since 1999.

> But it seems that, these days, you demonstrate a fixation
> with a certain RETIRED formerly-professional cyclist.
> It's almost like Libby obsessing over Wilson - you obsess
> over his blonde(s) too.

Think of it a evangalizing the Lance tifosi. Quite a few people here have
noted the similarities between Mom, Kristin and Sheryl. Haven't thought of
them for some time until you just brought it up.

>> > Posting articles in French isn't a cardinal sin. Crowing about
>> > the content of the articles without translating any of the good
>> > bits is a little tedious though.

>> It's only tedious for provencials not seeking to expand their world view.

> I'm not entirely sure what the idiom is for "people from
> Provence" but I'm fairly sure that "provencials" isn't it.
> Anyway, it's obnoxious and you know that - you do it _because_
> it's obnoxious. Other people who post links to untranslated
> articles don't get the flames you do, because they don't call
> themselves better than all the "provencials."

The population shift at rbr over the past seven or eight years, has
definitely moved from citizens of the world (physically and in outlook) to
predominantly US-centric people with little desire to understand the outside
world. The reason people flame my links to French, and on occasion German,
articles is because they don't like hearing about Sir Lance in any negative
way. Not to worry. The flame retardant suit is holing up quite well. ;-)

"Bob Schwartz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> B. Lafferty wrote:
>> The reason people are so agitated now is that
>> rbr these days is primarily populated by US cyclists who can't face the
>> problems of drugs in cycling, particularly as to Armstrong.

> Dude,
>
> You are in serious denial here. Give Sigmund a call.
>
> Bob Schwartz

Dude,

You really need to read more. Siggy died quite a few years ago. Most of us
have moved beyond Freudian thought anyway. Ask Flom. You'd know that by
reading.

Tom Kunich wrote:
> Not exactly animousity Benjo, more like extreme irritation. Lafferty is
> the mote in God's eye.

-------------------

Damn Kunich, you scare me more and more all the time, "the mote in
god's eye", you really are a fire and brimstone, southern baptist, tent
revivals and playing with snakes kinda religous freak aren't you?
Ever read Wiseblood by Flannery O'Conner? You should.

Anyway, Lafferty gives RBR a little BALANCE, one of him vs. dozens of
guys who would pay 10k to drink the sweat out of Lances chamois -
seriously,
it's like a system of checks and balances, a few posts about
Lance being on SNL and how awesome he is, and then Lafferty
throws down a long technical email that proves Lance was on dope (that
I don't bother reading - but I'm glad it's there all the same)

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
> benjo maso wrote:
>

> > Frankly, I have never quite understood that animosity against Brian
> > Lafferty. True, I am not always reading all of his postings. But have I
> > missed something scandalous or outrageous?
> >
> > Benjo

> Dumbass -
>
> If you monitored this group regularly, you'd notice the same thing,
> over and over and over, about the same person, over and over and over
> and over.
>
> It's boring, especially the sanctimoniousness of it. After all,
> cycling, like any other spectator sport, is entertainment.
>

> thanks,
>
> K. Gringioni.

Damn, did K-dog really call Benjo a "dumbass", that's pretty funny,
in a underservingly disrespectful kinda way...
Mr. Benjo, I believe, has better things to do than monitor **** written
here all day, like we do.

"mtb Dad" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Scott wrote:
>> I don't know what's worse, his constant harping on all things even
>> remotely doping related, or his insistence in either 1) posting links
>> with no corresponding commentary, or 2) posting either actual passages
>> or links to articles in French.

> I don't know what's worse, the sad ignorance of how serious a problem
> doping is for the cycling community, or the attacks on those who bring
> it forward(including links to media articles which do a better job of
> commenting than many posts here.)

By all means why don't you tell us about the serious problem of drugs in
high schools all over this country? Do you suppose that somehow the small
percentage of positives in cycling somehow demonstrates a problem worse than
pot in high schools all over this country which is now so widespread that
half of all high school kids have tried or are using marijiana?

I suggest you get your head out of your ass and accept the fact that liberal
political ideals from the 60's did this to the world. Now you can just try
to put the genie back in the bottle and pretend that it's someone else's
fault.

"Jim Flom " <[email protected]> wrote in message

> I should add that I k-f'ed him shortly thereafter. I have imposed a
> restraining order on myself. :)

I don't kill file him because I want to see who started a string. I don't
want to even post to a thread that he started. Unfortunately it happens
sometime when his name spools off the top.

As for your vocation - what has it to do with your avocation? I suppose it
would lead me not to flip you off too blatantly.....

Hey Benjo - I would be very careful around this mike guy. I think that he
wants to kiss you somewhere.

mtb Dad wrote:
> Maybe it's not ignorance, but I don't know what else to call it.

Indifference. Why should cycling fans be any different from
US football, tennis, soccer, baseball, track & field, nordic
skiing, wrestling, basketball, swimming, equestrian (gotta
watch those horses), triathlon, weight lifting, bowling, or
synchronized swimming fans?

That's why I said 'sport' rather than 'cycling'. Some guy
that takes a pill to get a boner and can't get his heart
going in the morning without a jolt of coffee is not going to
care what the star of his favorite team has to take to do
great deeds.

People already know about this stuff.

And people hate Lafferty because he's an asswipe, not because
they don't believe the message.

Bob Schwartz

Kurgan Gringioni says...

>If you monitored this group regularly, you'd notice the same thing,
>over and over and over,

Kinda like you starting all of your posts with "dumbass"?

>It's boring, especially the sanctimoniousness of it.

Heal thyself.

B. Lafferty wrote:
> Replies from
> people like Kunich, pre-1999, that I was crazy to claim there was a
> significant drug problem in the sport have been show to have been totally
> misplaced.

Dumbass,

Now *there's* your gold standard for critical thinking on rbr.

Bob Schwartz

Bob Schwartz wrote:
> B. Lafferty wrote:
> > Replies from
> > people like Kunich, pre-1999, that I was crazy to claim there was a
> > significant drug problem in the sport have been show to have been totally
> > misplaced.

> Dumbass,
>
> Now *there's* your gold standard for critical thinking on rbr.
>
> Bob Schwartz

Huh?

Mad Dog wrote:
> Kurgan Gringioni says...
>
> >If you monitored this group regularly, you'd notice the same thing,
> >over and over and over,

> Kinda like you starting all of your posts with "dumbass"?

Dumbass -

It's just a salutation, no different than a sig line.

> Heal thyself.

Errrr . . . look at the context of the above post. I don't post about
the same thing all the time like Laff@me.

You, like some other thin-skinned dumbasses, are taking the salutation
a bit too seriously. Your reactions are kinda funny, which, I suppose,
is why I do it.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

Tom Kunich wrote:
> Hey Benjo - I would be very careful around this mike guy. I think that he
> wants to kiss you somewhere.

Dumbass -

I've seen some posts of yours, about Benjo, where you've emerged w/ the
brown tongue.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

In article <[email protected]>,
"benjo maso" <[email protected]> wrote:

> "Bob Schwartz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Sigmund called and left a message. He says you
> > guys need to talk, give him a call to set up
> > an appointment.

> Frankly, I have never quite understood that animosity against Brian
> Lafferty. True, I am not always reading all of his postings. But have I
> missed something scandalous or outrageous?

Laughing Boy cannot see that many people agree with him.
He only sees disagreement. Someone may see that doping is
endemic, yet if he does not demand draconian measures he
is an apologist, a co-conspirator or an Armstrong
sycophant. And woe unto any who speaks up for due process!
So, with our schoolyard ways, we twit Laughing Boy; easy
pickings, but we are easily amused.

--
Michael Press
The rest of the world.

B. Lafferty wrote:
> The flame retardant suit is holing up quite well. ;-)

Was that a Freudian slip ?

Kurgan Gringioni says...

>Mad Dog wrote:
>> Kurgan Gringioni says...

>>>If you monitored this group regularly, you'd notice the same thing,
>>>over and over and over,

>>Kinda like you starting all of your posts with "dumbass"?

>It's just a salutation, no different than a sig line.

Call it what you want but a pig is a pig no matter who's mud it lays in. And
your boring intro is the same old thing over and over and over. It's hilarious
that you're so ignorant as to not know the difference between a salutation and a
sig line.

>>Heal thyself.

>Errrr . . . look at the context of the above post. I don't post about
>the same thing all the time like Laff@me.

Over and over and over. You can say what you want in a failed attempt to
justify your addiction, but each time you lead off with dumbass, it's the same
old thing.

>You, like some other thin-skinned dumbasses, are taking the salutation
>a bit too seriously. Your reactions are kinda funny, which, I suppose,
>is why I do it.

Calling me thin-skinned just shows how out to lunch you are. And don't go
blaming your name-calling on me. You own it, not me.