Lafferty's new bike.

Tritonrider

Guest
Today's Springfield News Police find 2 pounds of cocaine
01/31/2003 by BUFFY SPENCER and MARLA A. GOLDBERG Staff writers

SPRINGFIELD - Law enforcement officials followed the trail of a cocaine-packed bicycle frame shipped
from Colombia to Springfield and arrested a city man on the charge of trafficking.

About 2 pounds of cocaine, with an estimated value of up to $130,000, was recovered. "What is
significant about this arrest is that the defendant is someone further up on the food chain of
supply," Hampden County District Attorney William M. Bennett said yesterday. "This is not a street
dealer. These drugs came into the commonwealth directly from Colombia, so we are close to the source
of supply." Wonder if it came with a camelback style straw for that little extra to get over the
hill, or win the town line sprint? Bill C.

> Today's Springfield News Police find 2 pounds of cocaine
> 01/31/2003 by BUFFY SPENCER and MARLA A. GOLDBERG Staff writers
>
> SPRINGFIELD - Law enforcement officials followed the trail of a
cocaine-packed
> bicycle frame shipped from Colombia to Springfield and arrested a city man on the charge of
> trafficking.
>
> About 2 pounds of cocaine, with an estimated value of up to $130,000, was recovered. "What is
> significant about this arrest is that the defendant is someone further up on the food chain of
> supply," Hampden County District Attorney William M. Bennett said yesterday. "This is not a street
> dealer. These drugs came into the commonwealth directly from Colombia, so we are close to the
> source of supply."

That District Attorney has delusions of grandeur.

Estimates of size of the coke trade in America range between $60billion to $100billion/year.

A kilo of coke is a shitload if someone's going to snort it all, but a smuggler of 1 kilo is not
"close to the source of supply".