Lake district routes anyone?

Doesnotcompute

Guest
Got a friend coming to stay (preston) and she wants to go for a spin in the lakes..... anyone got a
favourite route they care to share?

Nothing too strenuous and steep, but a combination of on and off road would be nice.

Early april by the way so I hope the weather is okay!

Thanks for any replies.

Dnc (Gary Fisher Joshua Z0)

doesnotcompute <[email protected]> wrote:
> Got a friend coming to stay (preston) and she wants to go for a spin in the lakes..... anyone got
> a favourite route they care to share?
>
> Nothing too strenuous and steep, but a combination of on and off road would be nice.

Skiddaw Loop. http://www.singletrackworld.com/article.php?sid=20

You'll probably need to push some bits but its a fabulous ride

Tony
--
http://www.raven-family.com

"I don't want any yes-men around me. I want everybody to tell me the truth even if it costs them
their job."

Samuel Goldwyn

In article <[email protected]>, junk@raven- family.com says...
> doesnotcompute <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Got a friend coming to stay (preston) and she wants to go for a spin in the lakes..... anyone
> > got a favourite route they care to share?
> >
> > Nothing too strenuous and steep, but a combination of on and off road would be nice.
> >

> Skiddaw Loop. http://www.singletrackworld.com/article.php?sid=20
>
> You'll probably need to push some bits but its a fabulous ride
>
> Tony
> --
> http://www.raven-family.com

Thanks! or at least until I looked it up!

walk up is a killer and the descent is mental - beginners will hate it! Trail Length: 9 miles
(Estimated), 4 1/2 miles to top (Estimated), with 2745 meter's of climbing Trail Type: Off-road,
DownHill, Uphill

Hmmm. I appreciate it's probably fantastic, and I'll do it someday, but not this time. Thanks for
the tip tho.....

Anything a little less strenuous?

Dnc

"doesnotcompute" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>, junk@raven- family.com says...
> > doesnotcompute <[email protected]> wrote:
> > > Got a friend coming to stay (preston) and she wants to go for a spin
in
> > > the lakes..... anyone got a favourite route they care to share?
> > >
> > > Nothing too strenuous and steep, but a combination of on and off road would be nice.
> > >

> > Skiddaw Loop. http://www.singletrackworld.com/article.php?sid=20
> >
> > You'll probably need to push some bits but its a fabulous ride
> >
> > Tony
> > --
> > http://www.raven-family.com
> >

> Thanks! or at least until I looked it up!

> walk up is a killer and the descent is mental - beginners will hate it! Trail Length: 9 miles
> (Estimated), 4 1/2 miles to top (Estimated), with 2745 meter's of climbing Trail Type: Off-road,
> DownHill, Uphill
>
> Hmmm. I appreciate it's probably fantastic, and I'll do it someday, but not this time. Thanks for
> the tip tho.....
>
> Anything a little less strenuous?
>

> Dnc
...er, do it in a 4x4 ?...... Dave. ;-)

In article <[email protected]>, no- [email protected] says...

> > Hmmm. I appreciate it's probably fantastic, and I'll do it someday, but not this time. Thanks
> > for the tip tho.....
> >
> > Anything a little less strenuous?
> >

> > Dnc

> ...er, do it in a 4x4 ?...... Dave. ;-)

LOL! yes that is a possibility I suppose..... Now are 4x4's allowed on BW's and FP's ?

hmm... thankfully not!

Dnc

doesnotcompute <[email protected]> wrote:

> LOL! yes that is a possibility I suppose..... Now are 4x4's allowed on BW's and FP's ?

No, but neither are bicycles ;-)

Tony
--
http://www.raven-family.com

"I don't want any yes-men around me. I want everybody to tell me the truth even if it costs them
their job."

Samuel Goldwyn

In article <[email protected]>, junk@raven- family.com says...
> doesnotcompute <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > LOL! yes that is a possibility I suppose..... Now are 4x4's allowed on BW's and FP's ?
> >

> No, but neither are bicycles ;-)
>
> Tony

<sarcasm>

*gasp* really? surely not? well I never!

</sarcasm>

Dnc

If Skiddaw is a bit OTT, you could try the Ordnance Survey book on the Lakes, plenty of rideable
routes in there. Alternatively drop in at Wheelbase in Stavely or one of the many shops in Ambleside
or Keswick and ask their advice. There are quite a few route sheets of various levels of difficulty
you can buy there.

Tony