lake sandals with bebops or frogs?

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Mike, May 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike

Mike Guest

the spd compatiable lake , can a bebop or other recess type cleat work?

Tags:

2. Rorschandt

Rorschandt Guest

3. Bentjay

Bentjay Guest

I too use Bebops with Shimano sandals. Using a dremel tool you do need to cut away a cone shaped
    area for the pedal spindle. The cleat is almost perfectly recessed in my size 45 sandals; you can
    easily walk in the sandals...and they are very comfortable. Why are Bebops still so hard to find? I
    know they had some legal difficulty with Frog patent infringement but, I thought that was settled.
    IMHO, they are the pedal of choice!

BentJay

4. Rorschandt

Rorschandt Guest

[email protected] (BentJay) wrote in news:[email protected]:

> I too use Bebops with Shimano sandals. Using a dremel tool you do need to cut away a cone shaped
    > area for the pedal spindle.

I merely used one of those contractor's linoleum knife, or utility knife. Your way seems
    like a more finished look would result. Did you use a sanding drum, or ? As for the rarity
    of Bebops, there have been statements(unverifiable I think) that Speedplay/Frogs company is
    using Microsoft tactics as applied to marketing. ie:"If you carry our pedals, you can't sell
    Bebops." This is just what I heard. Power-On sells Bebops, and while ordering some other
    stuff, I asked for a spare set of cleats, as that seems to me the part that will wear out
    first from walking on them.

happy trails, rorschandt

--
    <A HREF="mailto:p[email protected][127.0.0.1]"

5. B. Sanders

B. Sanders Guest

"BentJay" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I too use Bebops with Shimano sandals. Using a dremel tool you do need to cut away a cone shaped
    > area for the pedal spindle. The cleat is almost perfectly recessed in my size 45 sandals; you can
    > easily walk in the sandals...and they are very comfortable. Why are Bebops still so hard to find?
    > I know they had some legal difficulty with Frog patent infringement but, I thought that was
    > settled. IMHO, they are the pedal of choice!

Ask the big Speedplay dealers why they no longer carry BeBops. There is a reason, and it has nothing
    to do with BeBop quality, value or technical superiority. (I can't say any more than that, for fear
    of a lawsuit from aggressive cycling products companies.)

-Barry

6. Mike

Mike Guest

thank you all

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.