lake sandals with bebops or frogs?

Mike

Guest
the spd compatiable lake , can a bebop or other recess type cleat work?

I too use Bebops with Shimano sandals. Using a dremel tool you do need to cut away a cone shaped
area for the pedal spindle. The cleat is almost perfectly recessed in my size 45 sandals; you can
easily walk in the sandals...and they are very comfortable. Why are Bebops still so hard to find? I
know they had some legal difficulty with Frog patent infringement but, I thought that was settled.
IMHO, they are the pedal of choice!

BentJay

[email protected] (BentJay) wrote in news:[email protected]:

> I too use Bebops with Shimano sandals. Using a dremel tool you do need to cut away a cone shaped
> area for the pedal spindle.

I merely used one of those contractor's linoleum knife, or utility knife. Your way seems
like a more finished look would result. Did you use a sanding drum, or ? As for the rarity
of Bebops, there have been statements(unverifiable I think) that Speedplay/Frogs company is
using Microsoft tactics as applied to marketing. ie:"If you carry our pedals, you can't sell
Bebops." This is just what I heard. Power-On sells Bebops, and while ordering some other
stuff, I asked for a spare set of cleats, as that seems to me the part that will wear out
first from walking on them.

happy trails, rorschandt

--
<A HREF="mailto:postmaster@[127.0.0.1]"

"BentJay" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I too use Bebops with Shimano sandals. Using a dremel tool you do need to cut away a cone shaped
> area for the pedal spindle. The cleat is almost perfectly recessed in my size 45 sandals; you can
> easily walk in the sandals...and they are very comfortable. Why are Bebops still so hard to find?
> I know they had some legal difficulty with Frog patent infringement but, I thought that was
> settled. IMHO, they are the pedal of choice!

Ask the big Speedplay dealers why they no longer carry BeBops. There is a reason, and it has nothing
to do with BeBop quality, value or technical superiority. (I can't say any more than that, for fear
of a lawsuit from aggressive cycling products companies.)

-Barry