Lamb virgin no longer

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Gayle, Feb 5, 2005.

  1. Gayle

    Gayle Guest

    A lamb virgin no longer. Always loved it, finally cooked it at home.

    I got a boneless leg from Costco, cut it in half, as there are only 2 of us,
    1/2 in the freezer. Seasoned with garlic, pepper, salt and herbs. Cut the
    inside to flatten the meat somewhat, to get a more even thickness. Put
    carrots, celery and broccoli into a roasting pan, added olive oil (forgot
    the salt) and cooked for about 15 minutes. Added lamb and roasted for about
    35 minutes. Done nicely, with a rare center. Will definitely repeat.

    Next time, will add more tender veg like the broccoli to the roasting pan at
    the same time I add the lamb, the broccoli was sort of over done. Will
    remember salt for the roasting veggies. Will add more garlic to the lamb
    seasoning and allow it to marinate in the seasonings!!

    Made my challenge weekly goal. Need 2 pounds per week to get the Feb. goal
    done.
    Happy Dance time.

    Gayle

    249/242/140 monthly-goal: 8 since: 01/01/2005

    Tags:

  2. Lamb is low carb.

    And I like it.

    --

    Eat less, exercise more. -- MFW

    --
    "Gayle" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    >A lamb virgin no longer. Always loved it, finally cooked it at home.
    >
    > I got a boneless leg from Costco, cut it in half, as there are only 2 of
    > us,
    > 1/2 in the freezer. Seasoned with garlic, pepper, salt and herbs. Cut the
    > inside to flatten the meat somewhat, to get a more even thickness. Put
    > carrots, celery and broccoli into a roasting pan, added olive oil (forgot
    > the salt) and cooked for about 15 minutes. Added lamb and roasted for
    > about
    > 35 minutes. Done nicely, with a rare center. Will definitely repeat.
    >
    > Next time, will add more tender veg like the broccoli to the roasting pan
    > at
    > the same time I add the lamb, the broccoli was sort of over done. Will
    > remember salt for the roasting veggies. Will add more garlic to the lamb
    > seasoning and allow it to marinate in the seasonings!!
    >
    > Made my challenge weekly goal. Need 2 pounds per week to get the Feb. goal
    > done.
    > Happy Dance time.
    >
    > Gayle
    >
    > 249/242/140 monthly-goal: 8 since: 01/01/2005

  3. jaime

    jaime Guest

    On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 17:54:44 GMT, "Gayle" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >A lamb virgin no longer. Always loved it, finally cooked it at home.

    Lamb is great, eh. One of my fav meats.

    **************************************
    I'm *not* a bad person. I simply made the
    mistake of getting involved with a *jack*ss*.
    Is it ironic that he lives on a farm?
    **************************************

  4. You've never met a type of food you didn't like.

    --
    Now piss off. You cannot possibly be this stupid and remember to
    breathe. You must be trolling. -- Carmen

    news:[email protected]

  5. Gayle wrote:

    > A lamb virgin no longer. Always loved it, finally cooked it at home.

    Cooked...?

    Oh. Nevermind...

    Pastorio

  6. Roger Zoul

    Roger Zoul Guest

    Bob (this one) <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Gayle wrote:
    >
    >> A lamb virgin no longer. Always loved it, finally cooked it at home.

    > Cooked...?
    >
    > Oh. Nevermind...
    >
    > Pastorio

    Gayle's is a real LCer....doesn't like to cook her meat...

  7. Bunky42

    Bunky42 Guest

    JC Der Koenig wrote:
    >Sheep are low carb.
    >
    > And I like them alot.

    Really?

  8. Bunky42

    Bunky42 Guest

    JC Der Koenig wrote:
    > I never met a type of food I didn't like.

  9. On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 06:47:34 -0800, Bunky42 <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >JC Der Koenig wrote:
    >>Sheep are low carb.
    >>
    >> And I like them alot.
    >>

    >Really?

    Certainly. They're the only ones who can stand to be around me, and
    besides, I'm very sheepish myself when I can't hide behind the
    computer!

    __
    Ask me to list my faults so YOU can insult ME. Please be more clever
    than me when you do it.

  10. Roger Zoul

    Roger Zoul Guest

    Is Bunky having fun today?

    JC Der Koenig <[email protected]> wrote:
    > On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 06:47:34 -0800, Bunky42 <[email protected]>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>JC Der Koenig wrote:
    >>>Sheep are low carb.
    >>>
    >>> And I like them alot.
    >>>

    >>Really?

    > Certainly. They're the only ones who can stand to be around me, and
    > besides, I'm very sheepish myself when I can't hide behind the
    > computer!
    >

    > __
    > Ask me to list my faults so YOU can insult ME. Please be more clever
    > than me when you do it.

  11. Bunky42

    Bunky42 Guest

  12. Bunky42

    Bunky42 Guest

    JC Der Koenig wrote:
    > Learn about the amazing apostrophe.

    It's a song by Frank Zappa 1974?

    your a strange little man JC lol

  13. You're, not your.

    --
    You're taking stupid to a new level. -- MFW

    "Bunky42" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > JC Der Koenig wrote:
    >> Learn about the amazing apostrophe.
    >>

    > It's a song by Frank Zappa 1974?
    >

    > your a strange little man JC lol

  14. You're, not your.

    --
    You're taking stupid to a new level. -- MFW

    "Bunky42" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > JC Der Koenig wrote:
    >> Learn about the amazing apostrophe.
    >>

    > It's a song by Frank Zappa 1974?
    >

    > your a strange little man JC lol

  15. You're, not your.

    --
    You're taking stupid to a new level. -- MFW

    "Bunky42" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > JC Der Koenig wrote:
    >> Learn about the amazing apostrophe.
    >>

    > It's a song by Frank Zappa 1974?
    >

    > your a strange little man JC lol

  16. Bunky42

    Bunky42 Guest

    JC Der Koenig wrote:
    > You're, not your.

    You can write perfect sentences, but you still lack any real content ▐

  17. Bunky42

    Bunky42 Guest

    JC Der Koenig wrote:
    > You're, not your.

    You can write perfect sentences, but you still lack any real content ▐

  18. Bunky42

    Bunky42 Guest