Lamb virgin no longer

Gayle

Guest
A lamb virgin no longer. Always loved it, finally cooked it at home.

I got a boneless leg from Costco, cut it in half, as there are only 2 of us,
1/2 in the freezer. Seasoned with garlic, pepper, salt and herbs. Cut the
inside to flatten the meat somewhat, to get a more even thickness. Put
carrots, celery and broccoli into a roasting pan, added olive oil (forgot
the salt) and cooked for about 15 minutes. Added lamb and roasted for about
35 minutes. Done nicely, with a rare center. Will definitely repeat.

Next time, will add more tender veg like the broccoli to the roasting pan at
the same time I add the lamb, the broccoli was sort of over done. Will
remember salt for the roasting veggies. Will add more garlic to the lamb
seasoning and allow it to marinate in the seasonings!!

Made my challenge weekly goal. Need 2 pounds per week to get the Feb. goal
done.
Happy Dance time.

Gayle

249/242/140 monthly-goal: 8 since: 01/01/2005

Lamb is low carb.

And I like it.

--

Eat less, exercise more. -- MFW

--
"Gayle" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>A lamb virgin no longer. Always loved it, finally cooked it at home.
>
> I got a boneless leg from Costco, cut it in half, as there are only 2 of
> us,
> 1/2 in the freezer. Seasoned with garlic, pepper, salt and herbs. Cut the
> inside to flatten the meat somewhat, to get a more even thickness. Put
> carrots, celery and broccoli into a roasting pan, added olive oil (forgot
> the salt) and cooked for about 15 minutes. Added lamb and roasted for
> about
> 35 minutes. Done nicely, with a rare center. Will definitely repeat.
>
> Next time, will add more tender veg like the broccoli to the roasting pan
> at
> the same time I add the lamb, the broccoli was sort of over done. Will
> remember salt for the roasting veggies. Will add more garlic to the lamb
> seasoning and allow it to marinate in the seasonings!!
>
> Made my challenge weekly goal. Need 2 pounds per week to get the Feb. goal
> done.
> Happy Dance time.
>
> Gayle
>
> 249/242/140 monthly-goal: 8 since: 01/01/2005

On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 17:54:44 GMT, "Gayle" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>A lamb virgin no longer. Always loved it, finally cooked it at home.

Lamb is great, eh. One of my fav meats.

**************************************
I'm *not* a bad person. I simply made the
mistake of getting involved with a *jack*ss*.
Is it ironic that he lives on a farm?
**************************************

You've never met a type of food you didn't like.

--
Now ********. You cannot possibly be this stupid and remember to
breathe. You must be trolling. -- Carmen

news:[email protected]...

Gayle wrote:

> A lamb virgin no longer. Always loved it, finally cooked it at home.

Cooked...?

Oh. Nevermind...

Pastorio

Bob (this one) <[email protected]> wrote:
> Gayle wrote:
>
>> A lamb virgin no longer. Always loved it, finally cooked it at home.

> Cooked...?
>
> Oh. Nevermind...
>
> Pastorio

Gayle's is a real LCer....doesn't like to cook her meat...

JC Der Koenig wrote:
>Sheep are low carb.
>
> And I like them alot.

Really?

JC Der Koenig wrote:
> I never met a type of food I didn't like.

On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 06:47:34 -0800, Bunky42 <[email protected]>
wrote:

>JC Der Koenig wrote:
>>Sheep are low carb.
>>
>> And I like them alot.
>>

>Really?

Certainly. They're the only ones who can stand to be around me, and
besides, I'm very sheepish myself when I can't hide behind the
computer!

__
Ask me to list my faults so YOU can insult ME. Please be more clever
than me when you do it.

Is Bunky having fun today?

JC Der Koenig wrote:
> Learn about the amazing apostrophe.

It's a song by Frank Zappa 1974?

your a strange little man JC lol

You're, not your.

--
You're taking stupid to a new level. -- MFW

JC Der Koenig wrote:
> You're, not your.

You can write perfect sentences, but you still lack any real content ▐