lame fattie masters

"warren" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:070820031625365446%[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>, Kurgan Gringioni
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > A large percentage allow the one pound/year rule get them.
> >

> What "large percentage" would you say there is in this photo? http://www.usvh.com/Davis.html

Goddamm, what a bunch of one pound/year Fatties (except for 309).

Dudes are all stiff as **** too - look at how upright they are (except for the obscured rider). 308
and 309 have their arms straight.

<[email protected]> wrote:

> "warren" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:070820031625365446%[email protected]...
> > In article <[email protected]>, Kurgan Gringioni
> > <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > > A large percentage allow the one pound/year rule get them.
> > >

> > What "large percentage" would you say there is in this photo? http://www.usvh.com/Davis.html
>

> Goddamm, what a bunch of one pound/year Fatties (except for 309).
>

> Dudes are all stiff as **** too - look at how upright they are (except for the obscured rider).
> 308 and 309 have their arms straight.

It's the approach to a dangerous corner on the course right after another tight corner and the speed
there is only about 22mph (coasting mostly).

-WG

<[email protected]> wrote:

> "warren" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:070820031625365446%[email protected]...
> > In article <[email protected]>, Kurgan Gringioni
> > <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > > A large percentage allow the one pound/year rule get them.
> > >

> > What "large percentage" would you say there is in this photo? http://www.usvh.com/Davis.html
>

> Goddamm, what a bunch of one pound/year Fatties (except for 309).

Refresh my memory. IYO, what is the baseline year and what was the acceptable % bodyfat at
that time?

-WG

Scott Hendricks wrote:
> Bret Wade <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
>
>>Ilan Vardi wrote:
>>

>>>As for Masters racing, more intriguing is the drug question, as there is probably not too much
>>>doubt that a large percentage of the riders are high on all kinds of stuff, including the
>>>backmarkers.
>>
>>What makes you think you know anything about this? I'm right in the middle of it and I'm only
>>certain about one guy, and that's based on circumstantial and 2nd hand evidence. There are a
>>handful of guys I suspect, but I don't even have a good rumor to base that on. Are there
>>expatriate fattie masters meeting you for rides at Vincennes, feeding you the inside scoop?
>>
>>I'm not so naive as to think there is no drug use in masters racing, but I believe the majority
>>are clean. I've never seen any first hand evidence of drug use.
>>

>>>-ilan
>>>
>>>P.S. "lame fattie master" = redundant twice over.
>>
>>What makes you think you know anything about this? Were you constantly dropping the USPS Masters
>>guys on the morning ride while you were at Stanford? Did they suffer badly on your wheel until you
>>popped them? If not, what makes you think you know anything about this?
>>
>>At least Kurgan has some experience upon which to base his odd notions.
>>
>>Bret
>

> does tequila count as a performance enhancer?

Based on the way I'm riding this week it doesn't seem to be so far. I'll try increasing the dosage
and get back to you.

Bret

[email protected] (K. J. Papai) wrote in message

> You're pretty much full of **** on this one Ilan. Talking out your ass without any way to
> back it up;

Weren't you the one complaining about scatological remarks?

-ilan

"Bret Wade" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [email protected] (Ilan Vardi) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > Bret Wade <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...

> Some masters are fat. A large percentage are not. Those who can't control their weight leave the
> sport. I know two former cat 1s who no longer race because of obesity. I think that both wish they
> still could. One of them won the elite race at Durango Silverton once upon a time.

So they're fat and wish that they could still race.

WTF?

Lose the weight dummies!

Dashii

"Ilan Vardi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [email protected] (K. J. Papai) wrote in message
> >
> > You're pretty much full of **** on this one Ilan. Talking out your ass without any way to back
> > it up;
>
> Weren't you the one complaining about scatological remarks?

Yes I was. But sometimes your ignorance, or bullshitting is appalling Ilan.

-Ken

"Bart" <bart.-ops.be...

> "K. J. Papai" <ken.com> wrote
>
> > You're pretty much full of **** on this one Ilan. Talking out your ass without any way to back
> > it up; being completely removed (academic) from the subject.
> >

> Dumbass -
>

> The Tour is over. Get back to your closets before I lose my patience.

Closets? WTF?? That makes Zero Sense Bart.

Bret Wade wrote:
> I'll take that as a retraction. And as an admission that your mathematical abilities have been
> greatly exagerated? :)

I think it would be moderately difficult to exaggerate either his mathematical or his satirical
abilities.

Robert Chung wrote:
> Bret Wade wrote:
>
>>I'll take that as a retraction. And as an admission that your mathematical abilities have been
>>greatly exagerated? :)
>

> I think it would be moderately difficult to exaggerate either his mathematical or his satirical
> abilities.

You're going to have to explain the joke to me then. My density level lies somewhere between pappy
and anyone with a french address and I just don't get it.

Bret

Dashi Toshii wrote:

> "Bret Wade" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>[email protected] (Ilan Vardi) wrote in message
>
> news:<[email protected]>...
>
>>>Bret Wade <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> news:<[email protected]>...
>

>>Some masters are fat. A large percentage are not. Those who can't control their weight leave the
>>sport. I know two former cat 1s who no longer race because of obesity. I think that both wish they
>>still could. One of them won the elite race at Durango Silverton once upon a time.
>

> So they're fat and wish that they could still race.
>
> WTF?
>
> Lose the weight dummies!
>
> Dashii

Sound advice. But the point was that they're not entirely in control of their lives.

Bret

"Bret Wade" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Dashi Toshii wrote:
>
> > "Bret Wade" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >
> >>[email protected] (Ilan Vardi) wrote in message
> >
> > news:<[email protected]>...

> > news:<[email protected]>...
> >

> >>Some masters are fat. A large percentage are not. Those who can't control their weight leave the
> >>sport. I know two former cat 1s who no longer race because of obesity. I think that both wish
> >>they still could. One of them won the elite race at Durango Silverton once upon a time.
> >

> > So they're fat and wish that they could still race.
> >
> > WTF?
> >
> > Lose the weight dummies!
> >
> > Dashii
>
> Sound advice. But the point was that they're not entirely in control of their lives.

Dudes sound like perfect candidates for Masters Fattiedom.

news:eek:[email protected]...

> "Bret Wade" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Dashi Toshii wrote:
> >
> > > "Bret Wade" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]...

> > > news:<[email protected]>...

> > > news:<[email protected]>...

> > > So they're fat and wish that they could still race.
> > >
> > > WTF?
> > >
> > > Lose the weight dummies!
> > >
> > > Dashii
> >
> > Sound advice. But the point was that they're not entirely in control of their lives.
>

> Dudes sound like perfect candidates for Masters Fattiedom.

If you rotten kids are lucky enough, you will live long enough to be the subject of age jokes.
Remember, insanity is hereditary,,, You get it from your kids!

Bruce

"warren" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:070820031640228736%[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>, Kurgan Gringioni
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > "warren" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:070820031625365446%[email protected]...

> > > What "large percentage" would you say there is in this photo? http://www.usvh.com/Davis.html
> >

> > Goddamm, what a bunch of one pound/year Fatties (except for 309).
> >

> > Dudes are all stiff as **** too - look at how upright they are (except
for
> > the obscured rider). 308 and 309 have their arms straight.
>
> It's the approach to a dangerous corner on the course right after another tight corner and the
> speed there is only about 22mph (coasting mostly).
>
> -WG

For next year's Masters races, I'm going to sell the full race kits. They will include handlebar
streamers, Spokey-dokes, Beano and Metamucil and leg-band name tags.

Biemme had the best idea a couple of years ago. They made a pair of bib shorts with a great
horizontal fly. I have some. Being an aging master racer, I have to pee every ten miles anyway. It's
just like the old graffiti line: Puritans with short muskets, step up closer to the firing line...
Everything is solvable with technology.

Forgot my name again! X

Bret Wade wrote:
> Robert Chung wrote:
>> Bret Wade wrote:
>>
>>> I'll take that as a retraction. And as an admission that your mathematical abilities have been
>>> greatly exagerated? :)
>>
>> I think it would be moderately difficult to exaggerate either his mathematical or his satirical
>> abilities.
>
> You're going to have to explain the joke to me then. My density level lies somewhere between pappy
> and anyone with a french address and I just don't get it.

I'm not sure there's a joke--at least, not one with a punchline. The closest I can come is to
say that I don't think Ilan is a troller. I think he's a fly fisherman and some of his lures
are very dry.

"warren" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:070820031640228736%[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>, Kurgan Gringioni
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > "warren" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:070820031625365446%[email protected]...

> > > What "large percentage" would you say there is in this photo? http://www.usvh.com/Davis.html
> >

> > Goddamm, what a bunch of one pound/year Fatties (except for 309).
> >

> > Dudes are all stiff as **** too - look at how upright they are (except
for
> > the obscured rider). 308 and 309 have their arms straight.
>
> It's the approach to a dangerous corner on the course right after another tight corner and the
> speed there is only about 22mph (coasting mostly).

You picked that photo as the epitome of the Fattie Master aesthetic, not me.

<[email protected]> wrote:

> "warren" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:070820031640228736%[email protected]...
> > In article <[email protected]>, Kurgan Gringioni
> > <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > > "warren" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:070820031625365446%[email protected]...

> > > Goddamm, what a bunch of one pound/year Fatties (except for 309).
> > >

> > > Dudes are all stiff as **** too - look at how upright they are (except
> for
> > > the obscured rider). 308 and 309 have their arms straight.
> >
> > It's the approach to a dangerous corner on the course right after another tight corner and the
> > speed there is only about 22mph (coasting mostly).
>

> You picked that photo as the epitome of the Fattie Master aesthetic, not me.

I never ascribed that meaning to it. It's just one of only a few photos that I have.

BTW, you didn't answer my question about the acceptable baseline year and bf %.

-WG

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
> "Bret Wade" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>Dashi Toshii wrote:
>>

>>>"Bret Wade" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>>news:[email protected]...

>>>news:<[email protected]>...

>>>news:<[email protected]>...

>>>So they're fat and wish that they could still race.
>>>
>>>WTF?
>>>
>>>Lose the weight dummies!
>>>
>>>Dashii
>>
>>Sound advice. But the point was that they're not entirely in control of their lives.
>

> Dudes sound like perfect candidates for Masters Fattiedom.

No, these guys are long gone. They've slipped out of the laughing group and into the broom wagon.
They've paid their last late fee, protested their final top-20 result, and insulted their last
promoter. They are ex-racers.

That's what happens to the few people who do fit your one pound per year description. The rest of us
show up at the about the same weight year to year.

Bret (same as I ever was)

"Bret Wade" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> That's what happens to the few people who do fit your one pound per year description.

Dude, it's more than a few racers. Do a 1/2 race, then a Masters race.

Notice the 20lb. difference. Or the uphill speed difference (directly related to the 20lb.
difference).