Lance 5 & 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
The snow has just melted even though we got a dusting today. High of 22 F with wind outof the north
at about 25 mph. I had a great training ride. Short but enough. 12 miles into the wind and the 12
miles back I was cooking. Steve Leuty Beatrice, NE

Joe Yannie wrote:

> Hey, If I walk out my front door I have 2 feet of snow, they just plowed my street yesterday.
> Can't wait to train on it, maybe I can pull a Landis.
>
> Oh yeah, and I hate you.
>
> Joe
>
> "Bruce Johnston" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "TritonRider" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > >From: heather halvorson [email protected]
> > >
> > > >so, are you trying to make me kill myself, bruce?
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >h
> > >
> > > Let's just tie him up in the basement and use his place as the official
> > RBR
> > > winter training camp site. ;-) Bill C.
> >
> > --------------------------------------------------
> > I have always thought that I lived in the perfect place for cycling. Not very far from here as
> > the crow flys to the Mammoth mountain range which is
> a
> > haven for MB riders. Where I live if I ride west towards the valley, the offerings are great
> > with tons of roads both pavement and gravel for both
> MB
> > and RB. The good news is there are very few cars on these roads, so what more could you ask?
> > Going west offers hills with moderate up and down sections, nothing too long in the way of
> > climbs. Endless loops with beautiful scenery, bridges, wildlife, makes for a lot fun rides. If I
> > go east I can do the big climbs of the Sierra range and that offers cooler temps in the summer.
> > Lot of big climbs, fresh air and great scenery, and
> one
> > bonus I have is the killer 6000 ft. climb that I just happen to live at
> the
> > base of. I call it my death climb. If I go north or south I can mix hills and mountains, as well
> > as flats if I want. There are at least two roads nearby with flats, one twenty mile section and
> > another 30 mile section. So all in all, I wouldn't trade my cycling paridise for anyplace in the
> world.
> > However smog here in Calif. is becoming an issue. Not bad in the winter,
> but
> > summer can have some bad days. Still much better then the big inner cities where the levels are
> > off the scale. Coastal cities are great here without the smog, but don't offer the big climbs of
> > the Sierra range. I do like Mount Hamilton climb in San Jose. That 4000 ft. monster. I love that
> climb.
> > Used to do it every weekend. California is my Mallorca.
> >
> > Bruce
> >
> >

-----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1
Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 16 Different Servers! =-----

Status
Not open for further replies.