Lance 5 & 6

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Tritonrider, Feb 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jtn

Jtn Guest

"The Pomeranian" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    >
    > I thought you guys were talking about Florida.

we are. hills are there. just not mountains. you have to see it to believe
    it.

2. Steve Leuty

Steve Leuty Guest

The snow has just melted even though we got a dusting today. High of 22 F with wind outof the north
    at about 25 mph. I had a great training ride. Short but enough. 12 miles into the wind and the 12
    miles back I was cooking. Steve Leuty Beatrice, NE

Joe Yannie wrote:

> Hey, If I walk out my front door I have 2 feet of snow, they just plowed my street yesterday.
    > Can't wait to train on it, maybe I can pull a Landis.
    >
    > Oh yeah, and I hate you.
    >
    > Joe
    >
    > "Bruce Johnston" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > "TritonRider" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > >From: heather halvorson [email protected]
    > > >
    > > > >so, are you trying to make me kill myself, bruce?
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > >h
    > > >
    > > > Let's just tie him up in the basement and use his place as the official
    > > RBR
    > > > winter training camp site. ;-) Bill C.
    > >
    > > --------------------------------------------------
    > > I have always thought that I lived in the perfect place for cycling. Not very far from here as
    > > the crow flys to the Mammoth mountain range which is
    > a
    > > haven for MB riders. Where I live if I ride west towards the valley, the offerings are great
    > > with tons of roads both pavement and gravel for both
    > MB
    > > and RB. The good news is there are very few cars on these roads, so what more could you ask?
    > > Going west offers hills with moderate up and down sections, nothing too long in the way of
    > > climbs. Endless loops with beautiful scenery, bridges, wildlife, makes for a lot fun rides. If I
    > > go east I can do the big climbs of the Sierra range and that offers cooler temps in the summer.
    > > Lot of big climbs, fresh air and great scenery, and
    > one
    > > bonus I have is the killer 6000 ft. climb that I just happen to live at
    > the
    > > base of. I call it my death climb. If I go north or south I can mix hills and mountains, as well
    > > as flats if I want. There are at least two roads nearby with flats, one twenty mile section and
    > > another 30 mile section. So all in all, I wouldn't trade my cycling paridise for anyplace in the
    > world.
    > > However smog here in Calif. is becoming an issue. Not bad in the winter,
    > but
    > > summer can have some bad days. Still much better then the big inner cities where the levels are
    > > off the scale. Coastal cities are great here without the smog, but don't offer the big climbs of
    > > the Sierra range. I do like Mount Hamilton climb in San Jose. That 4000 ft. monster. I love that
    > climb.
    > > Used to do it every weekend. California is my Mallorca.
    > >
    > > Bruce
    > >
    > >

-----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1
    Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 16 Different Servers! =-----

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.