Lance A. was correct

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Zilla, Apr 1, 2006.

  1. Zilla

    Zilla Guest

    "It's Not About The Bike"

    We have a German delegate who's here
    on a 6-month delegation. He basically rides
    a bike everyday to/from work in Germany,
    and now here.

    He bought himself a $150 Schwinn from
    Wal-mart (with grip shifters), and rides with
    blue jeans. He basically kicks everybody's
    ass when we go riding, especially during
    climbs.

    --
    - Zilla
    Cary, NC USA

    Tags:

  2. Some tarheel you are. You let Trutonic kick yor ass.

  3. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    Zilla wrote:
    > "It's Not About The Bike"
    >
    > We have a German delegate who's here
    > on a 6-month delegation. He basically rides
    > a bike everyday to/from work in Germany,
    > and now here.
    >
    > He bought himself a $150 Schwinn from
    > Wal-mart (with grip shifters), and rides with
    > blue jeans. He basically kicks everybody's
    > ass when we go riding, especially during
    > climbs.

    Take the seat post out. Pour in lead shavings. Put seat post back in.

    Bill "and carry a stick for his spokes, too" S.

  4. Slack

    Slack Guest

    On Sat, 01 Apr 2006 08:24:04 -0800, Zilla <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    > "It's Not About The Bike"
    >
    > We have a German delegate who's here
    > on a 6-month delegation. He basically rides
    > a bike everyday to/from work in Germany,
    > and now here.
    >
    > He bought himself a $150 Schwinn from
    > Wal-mart (with grip shifters), and rides with
    > blue jeans. He basically kicks everybody's
    > ass when we go riding, especially during
    > climbs.

    Climbs, what climbs? Even *I* wouldn't have any problems /climbing/ in
    Swamplandia?
    _____
    Slack

  5. GeeDubb

    GeeDubb Guest

    "Zilla" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > "It's Not About The Bike"
    >
    > We have a German delegate who's here
    > on a 6-month delegation. He basically rides
    > a bike everyday to/from work in Germany,
    > and now here.
    >
    > He bought himself a $150 Schwinn from
    > Wal-mart (with grip shifters), and rides with
    > blue jeans. He basically kicks everybody's
    > ass when we go riding, especially during
    > climbs.
    >
    > --
    > - Zilla
    > Cary, NC USA
    > (Remove XSPAM)

    I usually kick flatlanders butts on climbs as well though I don't do it in
    jeans. Now those guys from Colorado usually kick my butt on the climbs....

    but right now, anybody would probably kick my butt

    Gary (I've said it before, round is a shape and I'm in shape!)

  6. I ride a bike to work everyday but not in Germany my mother's homeland.
    Here in New England and every working day of the year. I know you can
    kick my ass to humit for me there in Wake County specially in Summer.
    Remember I spent 4 summers in Cumberland County (Fayetteville) NC..
    That was the hot in the city next to the Atlanta in 80 I'll allways
    remember.

  7. JD

    JD Guest

    [email protected] wrote:
    > Remember I spent 4 summers in Cumberland County (Fayetteville) NC..

    Fayettenam can get pretty hot. The hottest day/place on record in NC
    was on Fort Bragg and I was on Sicily running an LZ all day that day.
    With 90% humidity, 110 is pretty friggin' hot.

    JD

  8. They have a little more sense in Europe, about how to get from A to Z.
    We're improving in the States, but there are many areas that still have
    very little bicycle commuting.
    Jim Gagnepain
    http://home.comcast.net/~oil_free_and_happy/

  9. Zilla

    Zilla Guest

    I told you I'm not a f'ing tarheel, I'm a
    "Wolfpack"! Well maybe that explains
    why he was able to kick my ass! :)

    --
    - Zilla
    Cary, NC USA

    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Some tarheel you are. You let Trutonic kick yor ass.

  10. Zilla

    Zilla Guest

    > [email protected] wrote:
    > > Remember I spent 4 summers in Cumberland County (Fayetteville) NC..

    > Fayettenam can get pretty hot. The hottest day/place on record in NC
    > was on Fort Bragg and I was on Sicily running an LZ all day that day.
    > With 90% humidity, 110 is pretty friggin' hot.
    >
    > JD

    My favorite Frank Zappa anecdote was about Fayettenam.
    Asked to dispell the "eating shit on stage" rumor, he said
    "The closest I got to eating shit was at a buffet at the
    Holiday Inn in Fayetteville, NC!" (I believe this is from
    "The Real Frank Zappa" book)

    --
    - Zilla
    Cary, NC USA

  11. TJ

    TJ Guest

    Hey now. There are a couple of little climbs. One climb that is a good one
    for such a flat place is out of Apex heading south I believe.

    Hey Zilla,
    Do you ride with the group at the Spin Cycle? I will be heading back there
    again at the end of this month. Send me an e-mail if you want to get
    together and ride with a slow guy from Colorado.

    TJ

    --
    THOMAS HUNDTOFT
    "Slack" <[email protected]_this.org> wrote in message
    news:eek:[email protected]
    > On Sat, 01 Apr 2006 08:24:04 -0800, Zilla <[email protected]>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> "It's Not About The Bike"
    >>
    >> We have a German delegate who's here
    >> on a 6-month delegation. He basically rides
    >> a bike everyday to/from work in Germany,
    >> and now here.
    >>
    >> He bought himself a $150 Schwinn from
    >> Wal-mart (with grip shifters), and rides with
    >> blue jeans. He basically kicks everybody's
    >> ass when we go riding, especially during
    >> climbs.
    >>

    > Climbs, what climbs? Even *I* wouldn't have any problems /climbing/ in
    > Swamplandia?
    > _____
    > Slack

  12. We talking drop zones or landing zones. I did those zones everywhere on
    Bragg best years of my life. There some nice trails and fire roads out
    there and a whole lot of Bambi.

  13. JD

    JD Guest

    [email protected] wrote:
    > We talking drop zones or landing zones. I did those zones everywhere on
    > Bragg best years of my life. There some nice trails and fire roads out
    > there and a whole lot of Bambi.

    I was a Manchester Roadrunner for four years, 1982-1986. What years
    were you there, Fred? Sicily, Salerno, Holland, Nijmegen, St Mere
    Eglise, Luzon and Camp Mackall AAF were my regular hangouts on R5311.

    JD

  14. I was at those DZs or LZs from 1976 -1980. Even Camp Mackall and
    Troy. One night at Mackall was awaken to body bag what was left of a
    covert C 130 that went down in the trees off the LZ that was the summer
    or early fall 78. Covert I say full of men in black to the morge at
    Womack.

  15. Carla A-G

    Carla A-G Guest

    "Zilla" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > "It's Not About The Bike"
    >
    > We have a German delegate who's here
    > on a 6-month delegation. He basically rides
    > a bike everyday to/from work in Germany,
    > and now here.
    >
    > He bought himself a $150 Schwinn from
    > Wal-mart (with grip shifters), and rides with
    > blue jeans. He basically kicks everybody's
    > ass when we go riding, especially during
    > climbs.

    I am planning to take my newly found in the garbage 1980's purple department
    store grocery getter bike onto the trails.

    And I am fully planning to make some ti riding racer head look sick after I
    pass him...

    - CA-G

    Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

  16. troutboy

    troutboy Guest

    Carla A-G wrote:

    > I am planning to take my newly found in the garbage 1980's purple department
    > store grocery getter bike onto the trails.
    >
    > And I am fully planning to make some ti riding racer head look sick after I
    > pass him...
    >
    > - CA-G
    >
    > Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

    With purple streamers, right ? You must have the purple streamers ;-)

    TS

  17. Carla A-G

    Carla A-G Guest

    "troutboy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > Carla A-G wrote:
    > >
    > > I am planning to take my newly found in the garbage 1980's purple

    department
    > > store grocery getter bike onto the trails.
    > >
    > > And I am fully planning to make some ti riding racer head look sick

    after I
    > > pass him...
    > >
    > > - CA-G
    > >
    > > Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

    > With purple streamers, right ? You must have the purple streamers ;-)
    >
    > TS

    I didn't think of that, but YES! I think I will be acquiring a set of purple
    streamers.

    - CA-G

    Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

  18. BB

    BB Guest

    On Sat, 1 Apr 2006 11:24:04 -0500, Zilla wrote:

    > He bought himself a $150 Schwinn from
    > Wal-mart (with grip shifters), and rides with
    > blue jeans. He basically kicks everybody's
    > ass when we go riding, especially during
    > climbs.

    There's a guy who used to live here and rode to work every day (many
    miles, some very steep climbs). He'd ride with us every so often,
    borrowing my old bike. Same thing - the guy would show up in jeans, and
    still keep up with us. It was kind of depressing.

    --
    -BB-
    To e-mail me, unmunge my address

  19. BB wrote:
    > On Sat, 1 Apr 2006 11:24:04 -0500, Zilla wrote:
    >
    >> He bought himself a $150 Schwinn from
    >> Wal-mart (with grip shifters), and rides with
    >> blue jeans. He basically kicks everybody's
    >> ass when we go riding, especially during
    >> climbs.

    > There's a guy who used to live here and rode to work every day (many
    > miles, some very steep climbs). He'd ride with us every so often,
    > borrowing my old bike. Same thing - the guy would show up in jeans, and
    > still keep up with us. It was kind of depressing.

    We have a guy here who wears real biking clothing, rides really
    expensive Specialized rigs, often before the general public even sees
    them, is around 50 y.o., rides for work, and kicks every one's ass
    around the world.

    So what!

    --
    Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado

    Owner/Operator of the Pekingnese Ranch.

  20. G.T.

    G.T. Guest

    "Craig Brossman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > BB wrote:
    > > On Sat, 1 Apr 2006 11:24:04 -0500, Zilla wrote:
    > >
    > >> He bought himself a $150 Schwinn from
    > >> Wal-mart (with grip shifters), and rides with
    > >> blue jeans. He basically kicks everybody's
    > >> ass when we go riding, especially during
    > >> climbs.

    > > There's a guy who used to live here and rode to work every day (many
    > > miles, some very steep climbs). He'd ride with us every so often,
    > > borrowing my old bike. Same thing - the guy would show up in jeans, and
    > > still keep up with us. It was kind of depressing.
    > >

    > We have a guy here who wears real biking clothing, rides really
    > expensive Specialized rigs, often before the general public even sees
    > them, is around 50 y.o., rides for work, and kicks every one's ass
    > around the world.
    >
    > So what!

    Well, it's depressing when some guy wearing jeans and tennis shoes who I
    know hasn't ridden in over 18 months and who barely has the time to exercise
    these days can keep up with Expert/Cat 1/2 riders. At least Ned rides
    almost every day.

    Greg