Lance ad

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Amit, Feb 18, 2003.

  1. Amit

    Amit Guest

    from cyclingews:

    "In the Coca-Cola ad, Armstrong explains to NASCAR champion Tony Stewart the benefits of shaving
    your legs, and convinces him to get the razor out ..."

    Why do people have to keep bringing up the leg-shaving aspect of cycling? I wish people would never
    talk about this.

    -Amit

    Tags:

  2. In article <[email protected]>, Amit <[email protected]> wrote:

    > from cyclingews:
    >
    > "In the Coca-Cola ad, Armstrong explains to NASCAR champion Tony Stewart the benefits of shaving
    > your legs, and convinces him to get the razor out ..."
    >
    > Why do people have to keep bringing up the leg-shaving aspect of cycling? I wish people would
    > never talk about this.
    >
    > -Amit

    When I say the title of the thread I though it was gonig to talk about the Comcast Ads they have
    been running on the T.V. here in Nor Cal featuring Lance. Comcast just took over ATT cable which is
    the dominate cable provider in hte S.F. Bay Area.

    Casey

  3. In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (Amit) wrote:

    > from cyclingews:
    >
    > "In the Coca-Cola ad, Armstrong explains to NASCAR champion Tony Stewart the benefits of shaving
    > your legs, and convinces him to get the razor out ..."
    >
    > Why do people have to keep bringing up the leg-shaving aspect of cycling? I wish people would
    > never talk about this.
    >
    > -Amit

    Because bicycle racing is a fairly understandable, conventional sport, and then you get to the
    leg-shaving, which is hard to explain to outsiders.

    ...and insiders for that matter, since the justification for club racers to shave comes down to "so
    I'll look like the other guys."

  4. Bikerecker

    Bikerecker Guest

    >...and insiders for that matter, since the justification for club racers to shave comes down to "so
    >I'll look like the other guys."

    My 10 yr old daughter even gave me crap this winter, when I let me leg hair out after 20 years of
    shaving. My wife thinks it is freaky. I kind of like the way the hair feels on sheets, though. I can
    walk around in shorts, or let my pants leg hike up in meetings and not be self-concious. Hair goes
    off in a week or two when I start training... Greg

  5. In article <[email protected]>, Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> wrote:

    > (Amit) wrote:
    >
    > > from cyclingews:
    > >
    > > "In the Coca-Cola ad, Armstrong explains to NASCAR champion Tony Stewart the benefits of shaving
    > > your legs, and convinces him to get the razor out ..."
    > >
    > > Why do people have to keep bringing up the leg-shaving aspect of cycling? I wish people would
    > > never talk about this.
    > >
    > > -Amit
    >
    > Because bicycle racing is a fairly understandable, conventional sport, and then you get to the
    > leg-shaving, which is hard to explain to outsiders.
    >
    > ...and insiders for that matter, since the justification for club racers to shave comes down to
    > "so I'll look like the other guys."

    My boyfriend had that experience recently when he was trying to explain cyclocross to someone who
    had never heard of it. I've had to do that too. It's like trying to explain to someone how to make a
    paper airplane! The guy he was talking to finally asked, "so why would they want to do that
    (cyclocross) anyways?" LOL.

    Incidentally, I have let my leg hair go pretty much during the winter. I'm not that hairy anwyas,
    but after shaving my legs since I'm a teenager, I like taking a break!

  6. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    "Marlene Blanshay" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Incidentally, I have let my leg hair go pretty much during the
    winter. I'm
    > not that hairy anwyas, but after shaving my legs since I'm a
    teenager, I
    > like taking a break!

    Marlene that was WAYYYYY more than I needed to know.

  7. [email protected] (Marlene Blanshay) wrote in news:[email protected]:

    > My boyfriend had that experience recently when he was trying to explain cyclocross to someone who
    > had never heard of it. I've had to do that too. It's like trying to explain to someone how to make
    > a paper airplane! The guy he was talking to finally asked, "so why would they want to do that
    > (cyclocross) anyways?" LOL.
    >
    > Incidentally, I have let my leg hair go pretty much during the winter. I'm not that hairy anwyas,
    > but after shaving my legs since I'm a teenager, I like taking a break!

    I bet you also ride mountain bikes with your "boyfriend" and write angry folk music ;)

  8. In article <[email protected]>, Boyd Speerschneider
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > [email protected] (Marlene Blanshay) wrote in news:[email protected]:
    >
    > > My boyfriend had that experience recently when he was trying to explain cyclocross to someone
    > > who had never heard of it. I've had to do that too. It's like trying to explain to someone how
    > > to make a paper airplane! The guy he was talking to finally asked, "so why would they want to do
    > > that (cyclocross) anyways?" LOL.
    > >
    > > Incidentally, I have let my leg hair go pretty much during the winter. I'm not that hairy
    > > anwyas, but after shaving my legs since I'm a teenager, I like taking a break!
    >
    > I bet you also ride mountain bikes with your "boyfriend" and write angry folk music ;)

    Hahah.... how'd you guess. That sounds exactly like me... in bizarro world!

  9. In article <[email protected]>, "Tom Kunich"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "Marlene Blanshay" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > Incidentally, I have let my leg hair go pretty much during the
    > winter. I'm
    > > not that hairy anwyas, but after shaving my legs since I'm a
    > teenager, I
    > > like taking a break!
    >
    > Marlene that was WAYYYYY more than I needed to know.

    Geez ,get a grip- it's leg hair. It's not like I'm talking about yeast infections or uterine
    fibroids....

  10. Sam

    Sam Guest

    > (Amit) wrote:
    >
    > > from cyclingews:
    > >
    > > "In the Coca-Cola ad, Armstrong explains to NASCAR champion Tony Stewart the benefits of shaving
    > > your legs, and convinces him to get the razor out ..."
    > >
    > > Why do people have to keep bringing up the leg-shaving aspect of cycling? I wish people would
    > > never talk about this.
    > >
    > > -Amit
    >
    > Because bicycle racing is a fairly understandable, conventional sport, and then you get to the
    > leg-shaving, which is hard to explain to outsiders.

    I would not count cycling in the US as an easy to understand or conventional sport. Leg
    shaving is easy to explain if people take a few minutes. It might not do any good, but it is
    not hard to explain.

  11. Marlene Blanshay wrote:
    > In article <[email protected]>, "Tom Kunich"
    > <[email protected]> wrote: ,,,,

    > Geez ,get a grip- it's leg hair.

    Please, none of that -- this is a family list.

    Dan

  12. Spam Hater

    Spam Hater Guest

    Marlene Blanshay wrote:

    > In article <[email protected]>, "Tom Kunich"
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> "Marlene Blanshay" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]...
    >> >
    >> > Incidentally, I have let my leg hair go pretty much during the
    >> winter. I'm
    >> > not that hairy anwyas, but after shaving my legs since I'm a
    >> teenager, I
    >> > like taking a break!
    >>
    >> Marlene that was WAYYYYY more than I needed to know.
    >
    > Geez ,get a grip- it's leg hair. It's not like I'm talking about yeast infections or uterine
    > fibroids....

    Took me all of two minutes to explaing to my parents and in-laws. They seemed to be perfectly clear
    about the rationale behind it. Of course, now that I shave, my *WIFE* gets really bent if I don't
    remove the stubble.

    I wonder if I can get Title IX funding for all of the razors I go through?

    Joe
    --

    Pursuant to U.S. code,title 47, Chapter 5, Subchapter II, Section 227, and consistent with Oregon
    State Law, any and all unsolicited commercial E-mail sent to this address is subject to a consulting

  13. In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] wrote:

    > Marlene Blanshay wrote:
    >
    > > In article <[email protected]>, "Tom Kunich"
    > > <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > >> "Marlene Blanshay" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >> news:[email protected]...

    > >> winter. I'm
    > >> teenager, I
    > >>
    > >> Marlene that was WAYYYYY more than I needed to know.
    > >
    > > Geez ,get a grip- it's leg hair. It's not like I'm talking about yeast infections or uterine
    > > fibroids....
    >
    > Took me all of two minutes to explaing to my parents and in-laws. They seemed to be perfectly
    > clear about the rationale behind it. Of course, now that I shave, my *WIFE* gets really bent if I
    > don't remove the stubble.
    >
    > I wonder if I can get Title IX funding for all of the razors I go through?
    >
    > Joe

    Hey, don't knock stubble- it holds up your socks!