Lance admits to doping...

bobke

Oct 3, 2004
NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

statement regarding sh#tweasal French book

Predictably, I will be the subject tomorrow of another baseless attack by another French book. The authors, David Walsh and Pierre Ballester, now issue a sequel to an earlier French book that was likewise founded upon a demonstrably false string of sensational, untrue and fabricated allegations. This latest attack will be no different than the first - a sensationalized attempt to cash in on my name and sully my reputation by people who have demonstrated a consistent failure to adhere to the most basic journalistic standards or ethics. For example, Walsh bolstered the first book’s most colorful accusations by knowingly using false, backdated and manufactured diary entries and documents. He violated fundamental principles by paying his sources for “information”; he then compounded his unethical conduct by lying and denying those payments until confronted with irrefutable proof to the contrary.

The “sequel” will once again be published only in France to hide from legal accountability. The allegations and sources in the second book are just as baseless, unreliable and manufactured as they were in the first book. The first book was so unreliable and baseless that it was available only in France and rejected by all twenty-plus English language publishers to whom the book was pitched. Continuing a pattern of distortion and fabrication started in the first book, the new book takes cherry-picked allegations and testimony from the losing side of a court case I won and attempts to portray them as facts.

I responded in court to these allegations, most of which are made by a handful of grudge holders, axe grinders, and a so-called “expert” whose graduate degree turned out to be by way of correspondence courses -- and I proved them false. I was awarded 7.5 million dollars in actual and punitive damages by a professional panel of legal experts who received all the evidence and heard from all the “eyewitnesses”. Every allegation and witness was confronted thoroughly, lawfully and fairly. I was vindicated yet again. I raced clean. I won clean. I am the most tested athlete in the history of sports. I have defended myself and won every court case to prove I was clean. Yet another French book with baseless, sensational and rejected allegations will not overcome the truth.

- Lance Armstrong

He writes like me.... we are alike... separated at birth....

bobke said:
NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Predictably, I will be the subject tomorrow of another baseless attack by another French book. The authors, David Walsh and Pierre Ballester, now issue a sequel to an earlier French book that was likewise founded upon a demonstrably false string of sensational, untrue and fabricated allegations. This latest attack will be no different than the first - a sensationalized attempt to cash in on my name and sully my reputation by people who have demonstrated a consistent failure to adhere to the most basic journalistic standards or ethics. For example, Walsh bolstered the first book’s most colorful accusations by knowingly using false, backdated and manufactured diary entries and documents. He violated fundamental principles by paying his sources for “information”; he then compounded his unethical conduct by lying and denying those payments until confronted with irrefutable proof to the contrary.

The “sequel” will once again be published only in France to hide from legal accountability. The allegations and sources in the second book are just as baseless, unreliable and manufactured as they were in the first book. The first book was so unreliable and baseless that it was available only in France and rejected by all twenty-plus English language publishers to whom the book was pitched. Continuing a pattern of distortion and fabrication started in the first book, the new book takes cherry-picked allegations and testimony from the losing side of a court case I won and attempts to portray them as facts.

I responded in court to these allegations, most of which are made by a handful of grudge holders, axe grinders, and a so-called “expert” whose graduate degree turned out to be by way of correspondence courses -- and I proved them false. I was awarded 7.5 million dollars in actual and punitive damages by a professional panel of legal experts who received all the evidence and heard from all the “eyewitnesses”. Every allegation and witness was confronted thoroughly, lawfully and fairly. I was vindicated yet again. I raced clean. I won clean. I am the most tested athlete in the history of sports. I have defended myself and won every court case to prove I was clean. Yet another French book with baseless, sensational and rejected allegations will not overcome the truth.

- Lance Armstrong

bobke said:
NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Lance Armstrong

Landis: doped. Hamilton: doped. Heras: doped. Andreau: doped. Most of the major competition at the Grand Tours: probably doped. Swart, Andreau, O'Reilly, others: liars. Andreau / Vaughters messages: doping. Ferrari: loves EPO.

Armstrong: completely clean.

My prediction: The New York Times could publish 8 by 10 glossy colors photos of Lance beating kittens with a baseball bat and some posters here would tell us he was teaching them T-Ball.

My prediction: The New York Times could publish 8 by 10 glossy colors photos of Lance beating kittens with a baseball bat and some posters here would tell us he was teaching them T-Ball.
Or some poster here would believe anything they read …:eek:

I hate kittens. I hope they do.

bobke said:
and I proved them false. I was awarded 7.5 million dollars in actual and punitive damages by a professional panel of legal experts who received all the evidence and heard from all the “eyewitnesses”.
And once again Armstrong's fluffer falls for the big lie. Armstrong's claims about the SCA case have been shown by the LA Times, which obtained the sealed case documents, to be misleading. No findings of fact were handed down; the SCA settled. No punative damages were awarded; the extra 2.5M was for interest and attorney's fees. Armstrong's spin machine has been protraying the case as a victory that dismissed the doping evidence but it simply is not true. The SCA settled because they were found to be acting as an insurance company and Texas has a law that insurance companies can be held responsible for treble damages if they drag their feet on payment; they decided that it would be better to pay 7.5M than take a risk of paying ~17.5M. For them it was a simple risk/reward calculation.

Unfortunately for Armstrong, the case docs have been obtained by Walsh and crew. Expect to see a no holds barred examination of the evidence that Armstrong wanted kept under wraps.

Bro Deal said:
Unfortunately for Armstrong, the case docs have been obtained by Walsh and crew. Expect to see a no holds barred examination of the evidence that Armstrong wanted kept under wraps.
Are you related to Walsh?

- Lance Armstrong[/QUOTE]

The book may be useful if I ran out of toilet paper....on second thoughts I would rather go without.

The fact that the book will only be printed in French has to say something about the author. . And it's amazing how Walsh operated himself when his basic premise to writing a book is "discovering the truth."

This entire attack LA and make a buck along the way thing is getting old. Mr. Walsh has reported on cycling for many years. Why wait until LA comes along to try and uncover the dirt on cycling? The reason is that LA is a high profile athlete and carries a marque name. A book uncovering the dirt on any other cyclist would be a poor selling venture.

I know in this country that Greg Lemond's reputation has gone downhill with the American fans of cycling that even know who he is. That is due to the attacks he made towards LA. And he is continuing them in a recent interview printed today on the Pez website.
http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/?pg=fullstory&id=4446

bet you Armstrong doesn't sue - after all, he wouldn't actually want any of this repeated under oath now, would he?

wolfix said:
I know in this country that Greg Lemond's reputation has gone downhill with the American fans of cycling that even know who he is. That is due to the attacks he made towards LA. And he is continuing them in a recent interview printed today on the Pez website.
http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/?pg=fullstory&id=4446
Let's crucify the guy for telling the truth. Damned asshole. He should have kept quiet. To think that ******* had the gall to say something as outrageous as this:

"I also do not believe the governing bodies of the sports such as the UCI or USA cycling should have any input on setting policies on how the sports are regulated in terms of policing doping and administering the tests. You cannot have the fox guarding the hen house, there is a built in conflict of interest. Some athletes have called for the elimination of WADA and the UCI and I don’t agree. The athletes who have been caught are usually those that think these organizations have a grand conspiracy going on but I just don’t believe that is happening. It seems that when an American gets caught they blame it on the French and the labs. The other athletes that have been caught from other nations don’t ever blame a country or lab of even the “French conspiracy”.

WADA has been a crucial part of what’s going on and it is WADA that has put the pressure on the many sports federations to change. A lot of people in the cycling world like to criticize WADA but they criticize it because it keeps hitting right at the truth of the matter. **** Pound takes a lot of criticism from the cycling world but he knows exactly what is going on in our sport and a lot of implicated athletes just want to shoot the messenger.

The sport of cycling, and many sports for that matter, is at a crossroads, either we have sports as we used to know and love them or it becomes pure entertainment and anything goes. I know that personally, I would not want my children to race in the current professional peloton and if it is the “anything goes”, as some think it should be, I would not want to have anything to do with the sport. I do hope that the current crisis in cycling will wake the world of cycling and force the sport to change, or we will see a slow death of the sport.

WADA is taking some very good steps toward solving the problem. They are trying to work with Interpol, which is a worldwide police agency. It is groups like WADA that I hope will get governments to criminalize doping. Right now you can get fined by your federation or governing body but what if it was made a felony in every country to be doping? I’m a big believer in plea bargains like they do in our criminal justice system but if an athlete takes drugs and is not willing to come out clean on the whole system, how it is working, then you get kicked out for life. If a rider cooperates then they can come back and race after a reduced punishment period has been served. Perhaps you give them a second chance because it’s not just the riders that are involved in this sophisticated doping program it’s the team managers, the sponsors, and many others who are pressuring the rider to do the program.

I think that what Frankie Andreu did recently is really the right step, the right direction for things. I heard rumors that USADA might penalize him and that would be the worst message to send to the world of sports. I understand why he felt the need to come forward and hope that any penalty he receives is symbolic. He made a mistake and is now trying to lead the way towards honesty in cycling and I respect that. "

The Lemonds have a major financial gain if LA is discredited. But a person has to ask what his and his wife's motive was working with Frankie's wife. And how is it that a person like Greg could defeat the best in Europe during times when doping was going on exactly like it is today? Why is that no one questions Greg's run on the TT when he beat Fignon? We know Fignon was a doper. How is that Greg came back from a injury like he did so fast...... One day he could hardly finish a race and was considered unable to come back to cycling after his injury, , then 3 weeks later he is winning the TDF? If you follow Greg's cycling life he has had some amazing recovering periods.
Of course, it is too late to test.....

Another thing about LA's career after cancer no one ever talks about is the quality of coaching he recieved after the cancer. Pre-cancer his coaching was rather suspect. Cycling in America or on an American team does not carry the same weight of experience the Europeans can offer. The 7-Eleven team was proof of this. There were riders on that team that were at Lemond's level before Greg went to Europe. But no one remembers them.
Bruyneel has a lot to offer LA. LA was very talented at an early age. He was the youngest world Champion. You do not beat Miguel Indurain at his peak in the World's if you are not extremly talented.

I agree... if the UCI were serious about doping why didn't they fly Andreu to Swizterland sit him down and chat to him... find out where he got the drugs, find out how young riders turn to drugs, find out the pressures involved in cycling to cheat.... who supplied him and how easy was it to obtain EPO.... instead they shut-up shop.... they are not serious.... end of story.

Bro Deal said:
Let's crucify the guy for telling the truth. Damned asshole. He should have kept quiet. To think that ******* had the gall to say something as outrageous as this:

"I also do not believe the governing bodies of the sports such as the UCI or USA cycling should have any input on setting policies on how the sports are regulated in terms of policing doping and administering the tests. You cannot have the fox guarding the hen house, there is a built in conflict of interest. Some athletes have called for the elimination of WADA and the UCI and I don’t agree. The athletes who have been caught are usually those that think these organizations have a grand conspiracy going on but I just don’t believe that is happening. It seems that when an American gets caught they blame it on the French and the labs. The other athletes that have been caught from other nations don’t ever blame a country or lab of even the “French conspiracy”.

WADA has been a crucial part of what’s going on and it is WADA that has put the pressure on the many sports federations to change. A lot of people in the cycling world like to criticize WADA but they criticize it because it keeps hitting right at the truth of the matter. **** Pound takes a lot of criticism from the cycling world but he knows exactly what is going on in our sport and a lot of implicated athletes just want to shoot the messenger.

The sport of cycling, and many sports for that matter, is at a crossroads, either we have sports as we used to know and love them or it becomes pure entertainment and anything goes. I know that personally, I would not want my children to race in the current professional peloton and if it is the “anything goes”, as some think it should be, I would not want to have anything to do with the sport. I do hope that the current crisis in cycling will wake the world of cycling and force the sport to change, or we will see a slow death of the sport.

WADA is taking some very good steps toward solving the problem. They are trying to work with Interpol, which is a worldwide police agency. It is groups like WADA that I hope will get governments to criminalize doping. Right now you can get fined by your federation or governing body but what if it was made a felony in every country to be doping? I’m a big believer in plea bargains like they do in our criminal justice system but if an athlete takes drugs and is not willing to come out clean on the whole system, how it is working, then you get kicked out for life. If a rider cooperates then they can come back and race after a reduced punishment period has been served. Perhaps you give them a second chance because it’s not just the riders that are involved in this sophisticated doping program it’s the team managers, the sponsors, and many others who are pressuring the rider to do the program.

I think that what Frankie Andreu did recently is really the right step, the right direction for things. I heard rumors that USADA might penalize him and that would be the worst message to send to the world of sports. I understand why he felt the need to come forward and hope that any penalty he receives is symbolic. He made a mistake and is now trying to lead the way towards honesty in cycling and I respect that. "

wolfix said:
Another thing about LA's career after cancer no one ever talks about is the quality of coaching he recieved after the cancer. Pre-cancer his coaching was rather suspect. Cycling in America or on an American team does not carry the same weight of experience the Europeans can offer. The 7-Eleven team was proof of this. There were riders on that team that were at Lemond's level before Greg went to Europe. But no one remembers them.
Lemond won multiple national junior championships and was regarded as the best junior rider stateside before he left for Europe. In fact, I think he won three medals at junior worlds.

But, I'd be astonished if he didn't dope... just not EPO.

whiteboytrash said:
I agree... if the UCI were serious about doping why didn't they fly Andreu to Swizterland sit him down and chat to him... find out where he got the drugs, find out how young riders turn to drugs, find out the pressures involved in cycling to cheat.... who supplied him and how easy was it to obtain EPO.... instead they shut-up shop.... they are not serious.... end of story.
Yep. They should pull back on the tests so they maintain a stasis. A clean sport is a pipe dream. The best they can hope for is containment.