Lance and Bents

Not meaning to sound like Tom Sherman,[just kidding Tom] but what Lance said was one was 3' off
ground ,the bent, and the other was 6' off the ground, the upright. Ben Fox "Joshua Goldberg"
<[email protected]> wrote in message news:A1F%[email protected]...
> He must have been talking about fully faired bents when he said bents are
3
> and 6 feet of the ground...otherwise he was kidding.
> "a&b" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > What's up with this? http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/3437.0.html bg

Well guys you know what this means...A Bent Geezer has infiltrated the camp of the philistines, too
bad they made him sound like he had alzimers. Maybe it was Lances long missing Father. Denny in
Sayre, Pa "Bent but not Broken" www.recumbentstuff.com "Home of the Recumbent T"

I knew that............just testing.
-----------------------------------

AP - Monday, February 3, 2003

TORONTO, CANADA - Investigators have a new lead in their investigation of the critical shortage of
periods in the city. It is believed that a
Mr. Joshua Goldberg has been obtaining a large quantity of these punctuation marks on the black
market and is transferring them to the Usenet. Toronto Police attempted to question Mr. Goldberg
on Sunday, but he escaped by means of a Compact Long Wheelbase recumbent bicycle. Citizens are
requested to report to the local authorities any instances of a rider on such a bicycle riding
in the downtown area. Mr. Goldberg may be recognized by his wild riding style and his frequent
use of demonstrative gestures towards motor vehicle operators. He has also been known to use the
alias "Wile E. Coyote." Authorities do not recommend approaching Mr. Goldberg to closely, as he
has been known to cause significant damage to motor vehicles.

I like this I do however spell too with both Os................. I drive a tadpole with a rollbar,
side impact bars and dual electric brakes, but on occasion I ride a CLWB. Was thinking that my
tadpole is starting to look more and more like a SUV.....hmmm SUV Envy. &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& (look no
periods) &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& "Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Joshua Goldberg wrote:
> >
> > I knew that............just testing.
>
> AP - Monday, February 3, 2003
>
> TORONTO, CANADA - Investigators have a new lead in their investigation of the critical shortage of
> periods in the city. It is believed that a
> Mr. Joshua Goldberg has been obtaining a large quantity of these punctuation marks on the black
> market and is transferring them to the Usenet. Toronto Police attempted to question Mr.
> Goldberg on Sunday, but he escaped by means of a Compact Long Wheelbase recumbent bicycle.
> Citizens are requested to report to the local authorities any instances of a rider on such a
> bicycle riding in the downtown area. Mr. Goldberg may be recognized by his wild riding style
> and his frequent use of demonstrative gestures towards motor vehicle operators. He has also
> been known to use the alias "Wile E. Coyote." Authorities do not recommend approaching Mr.
> Goldberg to closely, as he has been known to cause significant damage to motor vehicles.

I actually didn't get *anything* as arrogant as the writer's attitude in Lance's response. What I
got was a lot of self conscious appeal to "groupthink" on the part of the writer of the piece.
Like "aren't old people foolish" sorta thing. Like it won't happen to them. (Not the "foolish"
thing. That already got them. The "old thing," that's gaining on them.) Oh well. Life, or
something like it.

--
--Scott [email protected] Cut the "tail" to send email.

"a&b" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> What's up with this? http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/3437.0.html bg

Ben,

No danger, you didn't use footnotes.

"Ben Fox" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Not meaning to sound like Tom Sherman,[just kidding Tom] but what Lance
said
> was one was 3' off ground ,the bent, and the other was 6' off the ground, the upright. Ben Fox
> "Joshua Goldberg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:A1F%[email protected]...
> > He must have been talking about fully faired bents when he said bents
are
> 3
> > and 6 feet of the ground...otherwise he was kidding.

> > "a&b" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > > What's up with this? http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/3437.0.html bg

Hmm...friendly humor? Or a veiled effort to point out that the actual puncuation mark called for
here, the ellipsis, is constructed of three evenly spaced dots, with spaces between the ellipsis and
surrounding letters or other marks [1]. This assumes, however, that Mr. Goldberg is usinig said
punctuation mark correctly, but the inference to correct use, over and above correct construction,
cannot be determined from the satirical psuedo news release in question.

Tom, I'm going to assume that is is friendly humor (though I have a suspicion that deep inside, you
are really correcting Joshua. But, at least you are attempting to mask said correction in a more
socially acceptable format) . And, I am officially finished with this diversion.

[1] The Punctuation Tree at http://webster.commnet.edu/grammar/marks/marks.htm

"baronn1" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> Tom, I'm going to assume that is is friendly humor (though I have a
suspicion that deep inside, you are really correcting Joshua.

You want to be really careful about doing that. And messing with his brake cables. Unlike his
Biblical counterpart, Joshua has a Falcon airhorn and not a mere trumpet ... But like his Biblical
counterpart, he does know how to employ it.

My take on the article is a very positive one. Lance is truly a competitor that looks at all aspects
of cycling, including the aerodynamics, with the ultimate result being, how to go FAST. He clearly
admitted that recumbo's are aerodynamically superior.
LA: [interrupting] Well, one of them sits three feet off the ground and the other sits about six
feet off the ground, so aerodynamically, it's far superior. Sadly Lance is still locked into a
bicycle competition industry that refuses to (Or at least is VERY SLOW to) yield to newer
technologies and designs and must conform to it's OLD Traditional rules and regulations. Should
that Model T institution ever break out of it's traditional ways, I'm pretty sure you would see
Lance, Trek or any other bicycle manufacturer / competitor, JUMP ON and compete with recumbent
designs. (Look at the photography industry. They resisted departing from film use cameras for
years and now, it's actually film and film processing that's getting hard to find) Too bad
there's no recumbo manufacturer with deep pockets to offer Lance some sort of $$$ to ride, try
or even just sit on their recumbent. One famous VIP celebrity, seen on a recumbo and they
probably would be flying out the recumbo bicycle stores! (IMHO of course...) EZ Biker :)
Pompano Beach, Fl. (GRR Ti, Tailwind and SOON, Bacchetta Aero Pilot)

On Tue, 4 Feb 2003 02:55:53 -0500, "Freewheeling" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I actually didn't get *anything* as arrogant as the writer's attitude in Lance's response.

More than that, Lance appeared quite open to the idea of riding a 'bent if the Luddites at UCI were
ever to make it out of the 19th Century.

Guy
===
dynamic DNS permitting)
work. Apologies.

Does this mean that Joshua has to go around the city of Toronto seven days and all the SUV's will
fall apart!

clip >> Jos 6:16 And it came to pass at the seventh time, when the priests blew with the trumpets,
Joshua said unto the people, Shout; for the LORD hath given you the city. unclip <<

Brian

Joshua Goldberg wrote:

> I like this I do however spell too with both Os...

I have thoroughly chastised the copy editor for missing the typographical error.

Tom Sherman - Quad Cities USA (Illinois side) RANS "Wavewind" and Rocket, Earth Cycles Sunset and
Dragonflyer, Sidewalker Micro, Trek 6000

Joshua Goldberg wrote:

> ... I drive a tadpole with a rollbar, side impact bars and dual electric brakes...

Are these brakes assist motors run as alternators or generators to a resistor network so as to
dissipate electrical energy as heat? [1]

[1] This type of braking system is commonly found on diesel/electric hybrid vehicles such as
railroad locomotives and the larger off-road haul trucks.

"EZ Biker :)" wrote:

> ... Sadly Lance is still locked into a bicycle competition industry...

When Mr. Armstrong retires from professional road racing, I would like to see him attempt to set the
hour record in a high percentage laminar flow design lowracer streamliner, as he certainly has one
of the highest sustainable power outputs (relative to body size) of any cyclist.

Tom Sherman - Quad Cities USA (Illinois side) RANS "Wavewind" and Rocket, Earth Cycles Sunset and
Dragonflyer, Sidewalker Micro, Trek 6000

HUH? foot notes ,what are those,notes written on the bottom of ones foot? Ben fox "baronn1"
> Ben,
>
> No danger, you didn't use footnotes.
>
> "Ben Fox" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > Not meaning to sound like Tom Sherman,[just kidding Tom] but what Lance
> said
> > was one was 3' off ground ,the bent, and the other was 6' off the
ground,
> > the upright. Ben Fox "Joshua Goldberg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:A1F%[email protected]...
> > > He must have been talking about fully faired bents when he said bents
> are
> > 3
> > > and 6 feet of the ground...otherwise he was kidding.

> > --

Ben Fox asked:

> HUH? foot notes ,what are those,notes written on the bottom of ones foot?

Absolutely. As in:

"There is nothing better in life than writing on the sole of your slipper with a biro on a Saturday
night instead of going to the pub"

from "The Best Things In Life", Half Man Half Biscuit.

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/