Lance and Jan weight?

It depends on when because their weight varied over the season and years. I have seen Armstrongs's weight listed from 157 to 174 Jan is a bit taller than Lance so is expected to weigh a little more but there again his reported weight varied.I guess in his best form he was about 160 at 6 feet tall.

jhuskey said:
It depends on when because their weight varied over the season and years. I have seen Armstrongs's weight listed from 157 to 174 Jan is a bit taller than Lance so is expected to weigh a little more but there again his reported weight varied.I guess in his best form he was about 160 at 6 feet tall.

Armstrong's weight was 74-75 kilos for the Tour.

Don't mean to high jack the thread but what about Andy 6' 1" 140lbs :eek: There should be a jersey for that.:)

Instinct said:
According to wikipedia, Jan weighted 72 kg (160 lb), and Lance 74 kg (163 lb) / 75 kg (165 lb). But, when you look TDF Jan is much bigger, his legs too. And all over the internet you can read that Jan weighted more than Lance? So, what was their real weight?
In his first couple of Tours, Jan was probably 72kg. Later in his career he struggled to reach that weight and I think he never did (otherwise he could have done better). Armstrong was more disciplined and didn't allow himself that luxury to get to optimal weight during the race; he had it on grand depart.
During their rivalry, I think, Jan was heavier than Lance.