Lance and Jeff Gordon

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Bikerecker, Feb 22, 2003.

  1. Bikerecker

    Bikerecker Guest

    Both involved in high profile seperations (one is in divorce court, the other...). Jeff was
    definitely affected by his spectacular spearation last year, and the worst is yet to come. According
    to the NASCAR grapevine, he was playing the field. Lance can't go into the season without being
    affected by the seperation. Greg

    Tags:

  2. "Bikerecker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Both involved in high profile seperations (one is in divorce court, the other...). Jeff was
    > definitely affected by his spectacular spearation
    last
    > year, and the worst is yet to come. According to the NASCAR grapevine, he
    was
    > playing the field.

    Only the Biggest Fred would bring the NECKCAR grapevine into this newsgroup.

  3. Robert Chung

    Robert Chung Guest

    Kurgan wrote:

    > "Bikerecker" wrote:
    > > Both involved in high profile seperations (one is in divorce court, the other...). Jeff was
    > > definitely affected by his spectacular spearation last year, and the worst is yet to come.
    > > According to the NASCAR grapevine, he was playing the field.
    >
    > Only the Biggest Fred would bring the NECKCAR grapevine into this
    newsgroup.

    Speaking of NECKCAR, here's an article from a RAND guy who doesn't know anything about
    bicycle racing.

    http://slate.msn.com/id/2078672/

    About a year ago I was trying to explain the game theoretic aspects of bike racing to a friend of
    mine. I should have written it up.

  4. Steve

    Steve Guest

    On 2/24/03 1:41 AM, in article
    [email protected], "Kurgan Gringioni"

  5. "steve" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:BA7F82AB.2DDE0%[email protected]...

    > > Only the Biggest Fred would bring the NECKCAR grapevine into this
    newsgroup.

    Hey Fattie -

    Do you know that cyclists are generally very unpopular with NECKS? Do you know that rbr is a
    newsgroup for bike racers?

    Ever wonder why the Jamul road race doesn't happen anymore? The NECKS became too big of a
    problem, threatening violence when the pansy, lycra clad cyclists clutterred their road 1 day out
    of the year.

    Go NECKCAR!

    Kyle Earnheart is my favorite driver, he's cute. I like Bobby Jarrett too.

  6. On 23 Feb 2003 04:25:25 GMT, [email protected] (Bikerecker) wrote:

    >year, and the worst is yet to come. According to the NASCAR grapevine, he was playing the field.
    >Lance can't go into the season without being affected by the seperation. Greg

    Well, if JG was 'playing the field', he has no one to blame but himself and deserves no pity.

    I'm truly sorry for LA & Co. if the almost inevitable happens. Celebrities seem to have it tougher
    than anyone else. Maybe it's their inflated egos, work schedules, who knows. Only a precious few
    celebrity couples can make it work.

    Reading through some of the posts, it seems like some folks here want there to be a divorce so that
    they have more smutty details to read later. I hope (most likely against hope) that their
    relationship can be saved. I doubt anyone who has been through a divorce was exactly jumping up and
    down with joy.

    ---
    Kelly Beard, a.k.a. Mr. K.V.B. Liar

  7. Bikerecker

    Bikerecker Guest

    The Arrogant, Elitist and Omniscient H. Chang, esq., wrote::
    >only the Biggest Fred would bring the NECKCAR grapevine into this newsgroup.

    :

    1) if you can't see the obvious parallels, I can't help you.
    2) I am a Fred. A Cat 1 Fred with 20 years' racing experience and $13,000 in bikes in my garage.
    Nonetheless, a Fred. You gonna make something of it?
    3) I was gonna get your back against BJ, but now I'm gonna help him thump you. Next time I see you
    at a race, of course.

    Greg Miller

    NASCAR fan F1 Fan (worked for Tyrrell F1 Team in 80's) CART fan WRC fan USRRC fan FIM GP500 fan
    WSB fan AMA Supercross fan AMA Superbike fan NHRA Top Fuel fan ALMS fan Trans Am fan F3000 fan
    Paris Dakar fan

    what did I miss?

    news:[email protected]...

  9. "Kurgan Gringioni" [email protected] wrote in message

    > Ever wonder why the Jamul road race doesn't happen anymore? The NECKS
    became
    > too big of a problem, threatening violence when the pansy, lycra clad cyclists clutterred their
    > road 1 day out of the year.

    Whatever the reason, losing a race like the Jamul road race is an absolute shame. That course was
    designed for truly epic races.

  10. >Subject: Re: Lance and Jeff Gordon From: [email protected] (Bikerecker) Date: 2/24/03 6:55 PM
    >Central Standard Time Message-id: <[email protected]>
    >
    >The Arrogant, Elitist and Omniscient H. Chang, esq., wrote::
    >>only the Biggest Fred would bring the NECKCAR grapevine into this newsgroup.
    >
    >:
    >
    >1) if you can't see the obvious parallels, I can't help you.
    >2) I am a Fred. A Cat 1 Fred with 20 years' racing experience and $13,000 in bikes in my garage.
    > Nonetheless, a Fred. You gonna make something of it?
    >3) I was gonna get your back against BJ, but now I'm gonna help him thump you. Next time I see you
    > at a race, of course.
    >
    >Greg Miller
    >
    >NASCAR fan F1 Fan (worked for Tyrrell F1 Team in 80's) CART fan WRC fan USRRC fan FIM GP500 fan WSB
    >fan AMA Supercross fan AMA Superbike fan NHRA Top Fuel fan ALMS fan Trans Am fan F3000 fan Paris
    >Dakar fan
    >
    >what did I miss?

    homo.com

    thanks, jason

  11. "Carl Sundquist" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Kurgan Gringioni" [email protected] wrote in message
    > >
    > > Ever wonder why the Jamul road race doesn't happen anymore? The NECKS
    > became
    > > too big of a problem, threatening violence when the pansy, lycra clad cyclists clutterred their
    > > road 1 day out of the year.
    > >

    > Whatever the reason, losing a race like the Jamul road race is an absolute shame. That course was
    > designed for truly epic races.

    Did you do that race when it was early February, organized by UCSD? If so, what year?

  12. "Bikerecker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > The Arrogant, Elitist and Omniscient H. Chang, esq., wrote::
    > >only the Biggest Fred would bring the NECKCAR grapevine into this
    newsgroup.

    > :
    >
    > 1) if you can't see the obvious parallels, I can't help you.
    > 2) I am a Fred. A Cat 1 Fred with 20 years' racing experience and $13,000
    in
    > bikes in my garage. Nonetheless, a Fred. You gonna make something of it?
    > 3) I was gonna get your back against BJ, but now I'm gonna help him thump
    you.
    > Next time I see you at a race, of course.
    >
    > Greg Miller
    >
    > NASCAR fan F1 Fan (worked for Tyrrell F1 Team in 80's) CART fan WRC fan USRRC fan FIM GP500 fan
    > WSB fan AMA Supercross fan AMA Superbike fan NHRA Top Fuel fan ALMS fan Trans Am fan F3000 fan
    > Paris Dakar fan

    You are a fan of all those things and you're a cat 1 and you have $13,000 in bikes? Wow! I'll bet
    you get laid a lot.

    Not to mention that you're going to kick my butt at the next bike race along with Head-up-his-ass
    Johnston. That is funny stuff. Tough Guys in Lycra. You two might want to start a website, there's a
    made to order clientelle for that sort of thing. You could get rich. Can I invest?

    K. Gringioni future investor in www.toughguysinlycra.com

  13. "Kurgan Gringioni" <[email protected]> wrote in message

    > > Whatever the reason, losing a race like the Jamul road race is an
    absolute
    > > shame. That course was designed for truly epic races.
    >
    > Did you do that race when it was early February, organized by UCSD? If so, what year?

    I was there in '94 & '95 (I don't think they held the race in '96). We trained on the course, but
    somehow it didn't meet our training schedule. I think in '95 we had specific track training for the
    Pan-Am Games that kept us from doing it, although I think Dirk Copeland rode it since he wasn't on
    the P-A team that year.

  14. "Carl Sundquist" <[email protected]> wrote in message

    > > > Whatever the reason, losing a race like the Jamul road race is an
    > absolute
    > > > shame. That course was designed for truly epic races.
    > >
    > > Did you do that race when it was early February, organized by UCSD? If
    so,
    > > what year?
    > >

    > I was there in '94 & '95 (I don't think they held the race in '96). We trained on the course,
    > but somehow it didn't meet our training schedule. I think in '95 we had specific track training
    > for the Pan-Am Games that kept us from doing it, although I think Dirk Copeland rode it since
    > he wasn't
    on
    > the P-A team that year.

    I remember one of the National Team guys doing pretty well one of those years. Zach Conrad? I'm not
    sure. Definitely a really, really hard course, 15 miles of hell.

    The NECKS did the race in. They were threatening the race marshalls and getting road rage - we
    couldn't afford to hire up bunch of cops to keep them at bay.