Lance and Kiks getting back together

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Steven L. Sheff, Apr 15, 2003.

  1. http://sports.yahoo.com/sc/news?slug=ap-armstrong-marriage&prov=ap&type=l gns

    Armstrong's wife says couple reconciling marriage

    April 14, 2003

    AUSTIN, Texas (AP) -- Lance Armstrong's wife says she and the four-time Tour de France champion are
    working at reconciling their marriage, and that the family plans to be together this summer when he
    chases his fifth consecutive title.

    In an interview with Outside magazine, scheduled to arrive on newsstands May 13, Kristin Armstrong
    said the couple spent several days in Nice, France, in late March.

    ``When we were together,'' she said, ``it was great.''

    She said several events had strained their 4 1/2 -year marriage.

    ``We've had six homes, three languages, two countries, one cancer comeback, three children, four
    Tour de France wins and one rise to celebrity,'' she said. ``You're not supposed to cram such a huge
    amount of events into such a small period of time.''

    Lance Armstrong overcame cancer on his way to four Tour wins. A fifth straight victory would tie the
    record of Spain's Miguel Indurain, who won from 1991 to 1995.

    Kristin Armstrong said she'll take the children to the family's home in Girona, Spain, and will stay
    in Europe through the Tour de France.

    After the race, she said ``We're going to take the month of August and play, spend some time alone.
    Have some fun. I think it's going to be OK.''

    Telephone messages left for Armstrong's agent, Bill Stapleton, were not immediately returned Monday.

    The couple announced their separation in February in an e-mail to the Austin American-Statesman
    newspaper.

    pax est libertas servitus est ignoratio vis est

    Tags:

  2. "Steven L. Sheffield" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > http://sports.yahoo.com/sc/news?slug=ap-armstrong-marriage&prov=ap&type=l gns
    >
    > Armstrong's wife says couple reconciling marriage
    >
    > April 14, 2003
    >
    > AUSTIN, Texas (AP) -- Lance Armstrong's wife says she and the four-time Tour de France champion
    > are working at reconciling their marriage, and that the family plans to be together this summer
    > when he chases his fifth consecutive title.
    >
    > In an interview with Outside magazine, scheduled to arrive on newsstands May 13, Kristin Armstrong
    > said the couple spent several days in Nice, France, in late March.
    >
    > ``When we were together,'' she said, ``it was great.''
    >
    > She said several events had strained their 4 1/2 -year marriage.
    >
    > ``We've had six homes, three languages, two countries, one cancer comeback, three children, four
    > Tour de France wins and one rise to celebrity,'' she said. ``You're not supposed to cram such a
    > huge amount of events into such a small period of time.''
    >
    > Lance Armstrong overcame cancer on his way to four Tour wins. A fifth straight victory would tie
    > the record of Spain's Miguel Indurain, who won from 1991 to 1995.
    >
    > Kristin Armstrong said she'll take the children to the family's home in Girona, Spain, and will
    > stay in Europe through the Tour de France.
    >
    > After the race, she said ``We're going to take the month of August and play, spend some time
    > alone. Have some fun. I think it's going to be OK.''
    >
    > Telephone messages left for Armstrong's agent, Bill Stapleton, were not immediately
    > returned Monday.
    >
    > The couple announced their separation in February in an e-mail to the Austin American-Statesman
    > newspaper.
    >
    > --
    > Steven L. Sheffield stevens at veloworks dot com veloworks at worldnet dot ay tea tee dot net
    > bellum pax est libertas servitus est ignoratio vis est

    WooooHoooo!!! Good financial decision on Lance's part.

  3. Cucycln

    Cucycln Guest

    "Kurgan Sphinctoni" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Steven L. Sheffield" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...

    http://sports.yahoo.com/sc/news?slug=ap-armstrong-marriage&prov=ap&type=l
    > > gns
    > >
    > > Armstrong's wife says couple reconciling marriage
    > >
    > > April 14, 2003
    > >
    > > AUSTIN, Texas (AP) -- Lance Armstrong's wife says she and the four-time Tour de France champion
    > > are working at reconciling their marriage, and that the family plans to be together this summer
    > > when he chases his fifth consecutive title.
    > >
    > > In an interview with Outside magazine, scheduled to arrive on newsstands May 13, Kristin
    > > Armstrong said the couple spent several days in Nice, France, in late March.
    > >
    > > ``When we were together,'' she said, ``it was great.''
    > >
    > > She said several events had strained their 4 1/2 -year marriage.
    > >
    > > ``We've had six homes, three languages, two countries, one cancer comeback, three children, four
    > > Tour de France wins and one rise to celebrity,'' she said. ``You're not supposed to cram such a
    > > huge amount of events into such a small period of time.''
    > >
    > > Lance Armstrong overcame cancer on his way to four Tour wins. A fifth straight victory would tie
    > > the record of Spain's Miguel Indurain, who won from 1991 to 1995.
    > >
    > > Kristin Armstrong said she'll take the children to the family's home in Girona, Spain, and will
    > > stay in Europe through the Tour de France.
    > >
    > > After the race, she said ``We're going to take the month of August and play, spend some time
    > > alone. Have some fun. I think it's going to be OK.''
    > >
    > > Telephone messages left for Armstrong's agent, Bill Stapleton, were not immediately returned
    > > Monday.
    > >
    > > The couple announced their separation in February in an e-mail to the Austin American-Statesman
    > > newspaper.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Steven L. Sheffield stevens at veloworks dot com veloworks at worldnet dot ay tea tee dot net
    > > bellum pax est libertas servitus est ignoratio vis est
    >

    > WooooHoooo!!! Good financial decision on Lance's part.

    Maybe a good decision on any part! Including financial. But half of a whole lot is still a
    whole lot!

  4. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    I don't think much of her reasoning but I hope they can work it out and be happy.