Lance Armstrong and Sheryl Crow

Egads! She is looking ROUGH after the TTT! What does Lance see in her???

Well, if he is happy and she does for him what needs to be done, I'm glad to say I am not tapping that.

Cant believe what i am reading sometimes - how would some forum members stand up to the level of scrutiny that Lance endures?!! I'm certainly not perfect and I dont expect others to be either. Lance has done alot of extremely good things for other people which shouldnt be forgotten.

Lance was already a pro cyclist going to training camps, racing etc when Kik met him. Lance has gone on record and admitted blame for the split, but unless he gave up being a competitive rider, I think it would have failed anyway, Kik must have known prior to getting deeply involved his level of commitment. And I am sure the children are well looked after and proud to have their dad as Lance Armstrong, even if he isnt around ALL the time.

And we shouldnt believe all we read in the press.

Originally posted by sunman
Ahh relationships... I can't begin to play psychologist to a stranger's marriage when I am all to often perplexed by my own. But I have learned that if I train hard enough, maybe I could hook up with Jewel - she's a Texas girl isn't she? SM

Nope! She's from Homer, ALASKA. Don't forget that! Heh heh. We don't have too many celebrities from here, and when we do, we remember them. Her family was homesteaders. I think her grandfather had a 160 acre spread near Homer.

Eventually, she moved to San Diego after she became famous, and that's where she lives. But as far as I'm concerned, she'll always be Alaskan.

Hey Jewel, how about a visit if you're listening?:D

I heard Sheryl used to be a school teacher before she hit it big as a pop star.

I'm kind of surprised that no one mentioned on this thread that experience with international celebrity is a skill in and of itself. Kik didn't have much of this experience when they met, nor did Lance. Perhaps this media exposure as he worked his and her way into the hearts and homes of the world had different effects on each of them. Sheryl has gotten there, celebrity status that is, on her own efforts. She is used to this mass appeal. So naturally, a relationship with Lance might be easier from that perspective than it would be for someone who does not have the media experience that she does.

Relationship or no relationship, I suspect that the media exposure on an individual would have the greatest impact on him/her when going from private person to worldwide celebrity status. It might help to have some experience with this before the relationship begins.

Hi, I'm new here.

My 2 cents if it matters.

I wish all the best for Lance, Sheryl and Kristin and most especially, the kids.

I'd like to think positive .... that the best thing that came out of all this is that Kik and Lance both get along better, Kik and Lance are both happily involved with their respective partners, Sheryl adores the kids, and most of all the kids (Luke, Grace and Isabel) have 3 wonderful people who can put their differences aside to love and support them (which brings back the sayig "for the kids, is the wrong reason to stay married" great if works, but can be more destructive for the kids if it doesn't). Who knows, who'll end up with whom (because they're celebrities doesn't mean things won't work... what's important is, make the best of what is NOW).

The point is all three individuals are amazing from what I know/I've heard:
Lance for surviving cancer and the put downs & being spat on the Tour. And whatever else his been through growing up.
Kristin for being the supportive wife and a sacrificing mother.
Sheryl for the down to earth, self-made talented artist she is who gave up the life she knew to do laundry, cook, and be a cheerleader for Lance.

So, goodluck to all of them.

Lilolme
Btw, I agree with Lance's mom when she said that Sheryl is a superpositive influence on Lance.
Also, does anybody notice the resemblance bet Kik and Sheryl. And the uncanny resemblance between Kik and Lance's mom. (sorry, I just had to mention it).

The OP was the most dumb post I've seen in awhile. You're accusing Lance of doing the very same thing you yourself are doing, Tourdeforce2424. It appears that you feel different than Lance, and you think you are the moral standard. Not everybody has the same priorities, and there is no standard that says your love life must come before cycling. If he feels cycling is more important, than it's a much wiser decision to break the relationship off, than to waste Kik's time by "staying with her" when it's not going to last. We all place different weights on different priorities, and Lance's are different than yours. He's just a guy trying to excel in cycling, and doing whatever it takes. Think again chump, maybe once you win the Tour de France 5 consecutive times.

when i first heard sheryl and lance were a couple my first reaction was disappointment. i thought here is someone who has let money and fame go to their head and all of a sudden a normal wife isnt good enough. i believe marriages should stay together for the sake of children, but i also believe that regardless of what any of us think about anything, our views would certainly change if we were in the situation. would we all care less if lance was divoced and with the girl down the road - that no one knew - and who probably would get little media coverage?

how can we judge if we arent in the situation? the media is a very persuasive tool and can make us believe anything. sure there is facts, lance and kik are divorced, his children wont be waking up to their daddy every morning, but im sure there is more to it. none of us know what relationship he still has with his kids. he might still ring them everynight for all we know. he may have divorced his wife, but only him and those close to him and kik know to what extent he has divorced his kids. above all of the minor details do you really think lance would have felt so great about having to make the decision against his kids and that he would have just made it in 5 minutes?

i dont think that what he has done is right, but i like the rest of the public, know probably 2% of the story. he may not have made the best "father" decision, but we cant take away from him that he is still an amazing athlete. as humans we can only try our best. we all fail. the important thing is that we learn from it and move on and try not to do it again.

K one thing you guys need to understand....

He is a human being just like everyone else, he is not some kind of god (except in Cycling) But everyone has issues and cannot be perfect.

In my eyes I consider him to be just like anyone else, except he happens to be exceptionally better than most everyone else in cycling, but thats it.

TourdeForce2424 said:
Well, its official: they are a couple. They were seen strolling the red carpet at a Hollywood movie premiere. First of all, being an American, I think you should know that Lance used to be my favorite rider, so I am not against him. I liked him when I thought him to be a great rider and a great person. Reading his autobiography and other interviews, I found him to be someone a young guy like myself could look up to. However, hidden in the cracks of his autobiography, you could see many of his insecurities and weaknesses that are now starting to show in his recent actions. Lance thinks that everything he does is the right way to do things, and is a stubborn, arrogant individual. He is also by nature a person that does not want to train the way he does, and right after cancer, fell into a depression where he did nothing but eat and drink beer. Guess who was the person to help him out of this funk? The self proclaimed "love of his life," Kik. This woman went through personal anguish for this man to help him in his time of need ( how many of your wives would quit their jobs, sell their homes, get rid of their beloved dog, and move to a different country for you). Also, how many young, perfectly fertile woman would go through the personal suffering that invetrofertilization requires (not once, but twice!)? Better yet, I would like to see Sheryl Crow do this for him. For him to dump the beautiful mother of his children, a woman who obviously loved him very much, shows that he is not of the moral character that everyone thought him to be. So, Lance, eat and drink it up with Sheryl, because we all know you will not win the Tour de France this year with someone like that dragging you around town. Go Jan Ullrich! (someone who found the courage to change his life, and someone who knows a little humbleness)
I know it's been a year and just this week I read an article about Kik doing the NY marathon and I have to say that I'm very proud of this woman and I believe that what she did for this man was enormous yet for somebody who was close to death did not even appreciate the magnitude of what she did for loving him. I swear I have lost all respect for Lance. Such is life indeed but I hope to God that Kik will get over Lance and i Know its hard being that he freakin lives 2 miles away from her. I hope to God she finds somebody who will love her way way way way way more than Lance did and will honour her til death.

mochitwee said:
I know it's been a year and just this week I read an article about Kik doing the NY marathon and I have to say that I'm very proud of this woman and I believe that what she did for this man was enormous yet for somebody who was close to death did not even appreciate the magnitude of what she did for loving him. I swear I have lost all respect for Lance. Such is life indeed but I hope to God that Kik will get over Lance and i Know its hard being that he freakin lives 2 miles away from her. I hope to God she finds somebody who will love her way way way way way more than Lance did and will honour her til death.

A great number of assumptions perhaps? Was Lance the only problem with the relationship or did both contribute to the failure of the marriage? While Kik did undergo some tremendously trying procedures in order to become pregnant, there seems to be an implication that she helped him through his cancer treatment. Lance had finished his chemotherapy at the time he met Kik and began to date her. The girlfriend who stayed with him during his cancer treatment was Lisa. I would assume none of us here actually know Lance or Kik so if any of us have or had a respect for him, it should be for his ability to focus, tactical know-how and tenacity on a bike. He still seems to possess all of those things so there is no reason to lose any respect based on those traits. Take a good look at Kik. She'll have no trouble finding someone with whom to share her life. From what she's said publicly, she and Lance get along better now than they did for most of their marriage. I've seen nothing to indicate any bitterness from either of them.