Lance Armstrong and Sheryl Crow

Hi All
No disrespect to any one individual,

But

Opinions are like ass holes, everyone has one.

So i always consider my personal falability before passing judgement/comment.

Originally posted by Geonz
I do think it's unfortunately, darned near impossible to get to world class level anything without compromising values other than the value of WINNING. Frankly, I think that's too bad.

Boy, you got that nail squarely on the head.

I don't know what others are jabbering on and on about god-human debates. Someone needn't be god to be admirable. We all, I hope, as human beings strive for higher and higher moral accomplishments all our lives and we hope to find people to inspire us along the way.

I believe that Lance was touted, by himself and his marketing, especially after the cancer thing, as an admirable person, capable of meeting life's diverse challenges and succeeding. However, his training style, competition style (limited events) and personal life all have sent clear messages that he is often not strong, not determined and therefore, not so admirable.

I wish him well, but I'd look up to Greg LeMond, or my nieghbor down the block, a lot sooner.

Why does someone who has won 5 consecutive Tours de France need to be humble?

Originally posted by TourdeForce2424
Well, its official: they are a couple. They were seen strolling the red carpet at a Hollywood movie premiere. First of all, being an American, I think you should know that Lance used to be my favorite rider, so I am not against him. I liked him when I thought him to be a great rider and a great person. Reading his autobiography and other interviews, I found him to be someone a young guy like myself could look up to. However, hidden in the cracks of his autobiography, you could see many of his insecurities and weaknesses that are now starting to show in his recent actions. Lance thinks that everything he does is the right way to do things, and is a stubborn, arrogant individual. He is also by nature a person that does not want to train the way he does, and right after cancer, fell into a depression where he did nothing but eat and drink beer. Guess who was the person to help him out of this funk? The self proclaimed "love of his life," Kik. This woman went through personal anguish for this man to help him in his time of need ( how many of your wives would quit their jobs, sell their homes, get rid of their beloved dog, and move to a different country for you). Also, how many young, perfectly fertile woman would go through the personal suffering that invetrofertilization requires (not once, but twice!)? Better yet, I would like to see Sheryl Crow do this for him. For him to dump the beautiful mother of his children, a woman who obviously loved him very much, shows that he is not of the moral character that everyone thought him to be. So, Lance, eat and drink it up with Sheryl, because we all know you will not win the Tour de France this year with someone like that dragging you around town. Go Jan Ullrich! (someone who found the courage to change his life, and someone who knows a little humbleness)

All points about character and attitude aside, I think we are missing the pure essence of this post. Lance Armstrong and Cheryl Crow are dating.

Call me young and dumb (Only 15), but I've never seen lance as a true life celebrity. Well known? Certainly. But not a true honest to goodness celebrity. I can't imagine him with a big name girl. Regardless of his accomplishments he has always held himself as a regular type of guy in my mind.

Ok, so maybe lance isn't ready to hit up the single's bars in Austin or Nice... but something about this just doesn't fit right.

I think being the way he has (both mentally and in his relationships with others) is the only thing that has kept him at the top.

This relationship is just something he's using to fill a void. But I'm sure all of you know tire patch kits just don't do the trick at 130 psi ;). He needs something else or I have a feeling he's done.

Originally posted by bdmcdd
All points about character and attitude aside, I think we are missing the pure essence of this post. Lance Armstrong and Cheryl Crow are dating.

Call me young and dumb (Only 15), but I've never seen lance as a true life celebrity. Well known? Certainly. But not a true honest to goodness celebrity. I can't imagine him with a big name girl. Regardless of his accomplishments he has always held himself as a regular type of guy in my mind.

Ok, so maybe lance isn't ready to hit up the single's bars in Austin or Nice... but something about this just doesn't fit right.

I think being the way he has (both mentally and in his relationships with others) is the only thing that has kept him at the top.

This relationship is just something he's using to fill a void. But I'm sure all of you know tire patch kits just don't do the trick at 130 psi ;). He needs something else or I have a feeling he's done.

Don't be so quick to put yourself down. You sound very competent and together for a 15 year old!

Maybe it is like he says in 'It's Not About The Bike'......he admits to doing everything fast and had a reputation for dating and dumping. Wasn't he nicknamed something like Fed-Ex or whatever that company is called prior his marriage to Kik due to his love them and leave them approach?

He is however a celebrity and now one of the most elegible batchelors in the U.S so women like Sheryl Crow arn't out of his league. Some of his best friends include Robin Williams and that ugly Lovett guy who I believe played at the same gig that Sheryl did (the Aggasi fundraiser) which Robin entertained at hence inviting Lance to if you can link together all of that shameful English!!!

Agreeing totally as well though that he does need something else though but the season has started so fingers crossed he will be focusing again! No more shiner bocks (sp?) or margaritas until the TDF and Athens are out the way!

Alice :p

I give this "relationship" 6 months max. Two highly self-absorbed career obsessed people does not make for a long lasting relationship. Not that it matters. I'm sure they're both having fun and there's nothing wrong with a temporary relationship.

Good for Lance. Sheryl Crow is a very attractive woman and Lance is marginal at best. He's definitely getting the better end of the deal here. Its just a matter of time before she realizes that and dumps him.

Originally posted by Saucy
I give this "relationship" 6 months max. Two highly self-absorbed career obsessed people does not make for a long lasting relationship. Not that it matters. I'm sure they're both having fun and there's nothing wrong with a temporary relationship.

Good for Lance. Sheryl Crow is a very attractive woman and Lance is marginal at best. He's definitely getting the better end of the deal here. Its just a matter of time before she realizes that and dumps him.

Marginal at best??? C'mon! Lance is a great catch. True, I'm a guy (and a married one at that) but I'd say Lance is an attractive guy. Obviously physically fit! And Sheryl Crow is way overrated in the looks department I'd say. She reminds me of Mr. Ed (yes, the talking horse). I think it'll be Lance doing the dumping here!

Marginal at best! That really did make me laugh out loud. I agree with your 6 months max assessment.

I know this thread started out about Lance and Sheryl dating, but as we digress I bring this up. If the 2 adults (Lance and KIK)cant keep it together, that's between them. We dont know, as stated earlier what caused the break up him or her??? The true sign of being someone to look up to is if he broke up with the kids!! Lance and KIk may not get along, no biggie, non-famous people spilt up all the time. Lets just hope he stays involved with the kids and they continue to benefit from having LANCE ARMSTRONG as their father.

Hey, I heard a rumor (The National Enquirer) that he was spotted in Italy with Britney Spears last week. J.K.

Look people you all need to come down from where ever you are because this guy is a great cyclist and as myself considering myself a cyclist I don't mind looking to Lance as role model to make me successed (IN CYCLING). In my personal life I look to my own father for success. We all try to find role models but sometimes we need to sit down and analys the fundamentals of the role model thing. To be quite honest who cares who Lance is dating the important thing are his children and the sports world, that he wins his record breaking 6th tdf.

Originally posted by limerickman
For what it's worth, I feel very sorry for his kids.
Whatever the reason for his marriage failing - his kids are the totally innocent victims in this breakdown.
I'm happily married to my 1st wife, but I've seen many relationships fall apart in our group of friends. The victims are always the kids. They are moved about like pawns in a chess match. Thankfully, Lance's children have some financial resources. It doesn't make up for any hurt but it would reduce some stresses.

Originally posted by meehs
Marginal at best??? C'mon! Lance is a great catch. True, I'm a guy (and a married one at that) but I'd say Lance is an attractive guy. Obviously physically fit! And Sheryl Crow is way overrated in the looks department I'd say. She reminds me of Mr. Ed (yes, the talking horse). I think it'll be Lance doing the dumping here!

Marginal at best! That really did make me laugh out loud. I agree with your 6 months max assessment.

Neighhhhh, neighhhhh.
It'll last until the next blonde with better physique comes along.

Ahh relationships... I can't begin to play psychologist to a stranger's marriage when I am all to often perplexed by my own. But I have learned that if I train hard enough, maybe I could hook up with Jewel - she's a Texas girl isn't she? SM

Originally posted by Kona_Blue
I'm happily married to my 1st wife, but I've seen many relationships fall apart in our group of friends. The victims are always the kids. They are moved about like pawns in a chess match. Thankfully, Lance's children have some financial resources. It doesn't make up for any hurt but it would reduce some stresses.

I suppose the other side of that coin is all the kids that grow up in a home where their parents have long since lost the love for one another and spend all of their time fighting with each other. Either way it's not a great way for kids to grow up but that's kind of what life is. If every child grew up in some kind of fantasy land, they'd never be able to handle adulthood.

Some people sound like they think Lance is the first person to ever have a marriage fail. The fact that his marriage didn't stay together is one of the few aspects of his life where he can be placed squarely in the average bracket.

I hope he finds the love he's looking for and with Kik being a bit of a hottie, she'll have no trouble putting together the long term relationship she wants.

Originally posted by Beastt
I suppose the other side of that coin is all the kids that grow up in a home where their parents have long since lost the love for one another and spend all of their time fighting with each other. Either way it's not a great way for kids to grow up but that's kind of what life is. If every child grew up in some kind of fantasy land, they'd never be able to handle adulthood.

Some people sound like they think Lance is the first person to ever have a marriage fail. The fact that his marriage didn't stay together is one of the few aspects of his life where he can be placed squarely in the average bracket.

I hope he finds the love he's looking for and with Kik being a bit of a hottie, she'll have no trouble putting together the long term relationship she wants.
Very True. I certainly respect Lance as a cyclist. Kik is a hottie, but she's got 3 kids tagging along everywhere, Lance does not.

i trained hard this week, can i have Delta Goodrem for next week? ah damn, another sports star has already taken her!

Originally posted by TourdeForce2424
Well, its official: they are a couple. They were seen strolling the red carpet at a Hollywood movie premiere. First of all, being an American, I think you should know that Lance used to be my favorite rider, so I am not against him. I liked him when I thought him to be a great rider and a great person. Reading his autobiography and other interviews, I found him to be someone a young guy like myself could look up to. However, hidden in the cracks of his autobiography, you could see many of his insecurities and weaknesses that are now starting to show in his recent actions. Lance thinks that everything he does is the right way to do things, and is a stubborn, arrogant individual. He is also by nature a person that does not want to train the way he does, and right after cancer, fell into a depression where he did nothing but eat and drink beer. Guess who was the person to help him out of this funk? The self proclaimed "love of his life," Kik. This woman went through personal anguish for this man to help him in his time of need ( how many of your wives would quit their jobs, sell their homes, get rid of their beloved dog, and move to a different country for you). Also, how many young, perfectly fertile woman would go through the personal suffering that invetrofertilization requires (not once, but twice!)? Better yet, I would like to see Sheryl Crow do this for him. For him to dump the beautiful mother of his children, a woman who obviously loved him very much, shows that he is not of the moral character that everyone thought him to be. So, Lance, eat and drink it up with Sheryl, because we all know you will not win the Tour de France this year with someone like that dragging you around town. Go Jan Ullrich! (someone who found the courage to change his life, and someone who knows a little humbleness)

Originally posted by stratcat76
FIRST OFF !!! learn humility. support your american rider that is the best in the world. stop thinking about where he puts his ****....or maybe you should...cuz it's prabably on the saddle of his bike, where your little kitty is not...get on the bike ! lance is awsome.. who cares about his ex-wife...lets think of the next tour de france. for the person that started this thread about how he **** on his wife and kids and being dillussional,,,please e-mail me and i would love to smoke you on my bike in a race.......shut up and ride *****

Originally posted by stratcat76
FIRST OFF !!! learn humility. support your american rider that is the best in the world. stop thinking about where he puts his ****....or maybe you should...cuz it's prabably on the saddle of his bike, where your little kitty is not...get on the bike ! lance is awsome.. who cares about his ex-wife...lets think of the next tour de france. for the person that started this thread about how he **** on his wife and kids and being dillussional,,,please e-mail me and i would love to smoke you on my bike in a race.......shut up and ride *****

You really need to cill-out and try not to get so worked-up over a simple exchange of opinions. Not everyone thinks that riding and racing is life's #1 priority. As far as beating other members in a bike race.... Guess you'll just have to continue "beating" yourself!

When you are a cyclist of Lance's calibre, you have a very limited time to be at your peak. He is making the most of his peak, and sadly that means that sometimes things have to go by the wayside. There are only two people that know what went on in his marriage, and that would be him and his wife. There are only two people that know if he is in a relationship with Sheryl Crow, that would be him and Sheryl. Why can't we just appreciate that he is a remarkable cyclist (albeit not without the fantastic team that supports him), and leave it at that. Today we analyse Lance, tomorrow it will be someone else. Good on him, these opportunities will never come by for him again. And to the next hero of the sport - good on to him too. And let us not forget, that even though he may finish in the yellow, there are well over a 180 plus other superb cyclists that are also making large sacrifices to participate in the sport they love - LEST WE FORGET!

No one is qualified to make a judgement on any of this except Lance, Cheryl, Kirsten or other woman who has been in a relationship with Lance...

All we can see is what is on the outside, no one has sat in and listened to their conversations, decision making, arguments, reconciliations, etc... that have led to these results.

We all seem to be more than willing to accept Lance as the pinnacle of a cyclist and a "horrible" human being as if getting to that pinnacle required only the sacrifices and downfalls that "we" find acceptable...

I've been married for a LONG time and its HARD work for me to keep a happy marriage and the garage clean let alone be a 5 time Tour de France winner. I'm not saying that anyone should condone one kind of behaviour simply because they shine in another, but Lance isn't a wife-beater , He doesn't assault kids, on the personal side of his life, even with the divorce and Cheryl and everything you might think of that you could call "negative" he's still head and shoulders above just about anyone you could name in this country with his battling of cancer and his foundation to raise awareness of it...

What kind of gets me is that people worship Madonna, or Britney Spears, or even the Hilton Sisters and then they slam Lance Armstrong saying he's not of high moral fiber...

If anything, I have ultimate respect for Lance SIMPLY because he refrains on any given day from staring at the camera with a double bird going and yelling F-U!!!

You know that old saying "Walk a mile in someone's shoes..." and this before you cast stones, well, I'm guessing there are not very many people qualified to do any morals bashing on those grounds even if you canvassed the entire globe.

Do I wish Lance was the five-time tour de france winner AND a male version of Mother Theresa? Sure! that would be the feel good story of the Millenium! But as far as I'm concerned, he's a legendary sports figure and a decent guy who had some bumps along the way... And there is no one here who could say that they would make different choices because those kinds of choices are easy when sitting and watching TV and different when you're on your bike 40 hours a week.

Go Jan?! What do you think Jan might have been up to while he was taking Extasy? And What if you found out he narrowly missed running over a Mother and Baby carriage when he slammed his benz into that newstand right after? I'm not condeming Jan at all, but just saying that all any of us can see is what is on the outside...

Yes, he got a divorce, yes he seeing someone else, yes he still sees his kids and loves them very much, yes he still provides for them VERY generously and will continue to do so till they tell him to stop... If you just take that side of him and NOTHING else, he's still a better man than most... and when you add in even a few of his amazing accomplishments, he's a better man than almost all...

Just my two cents...

Feanor