Lance Armstrong and wife separating

steve

Administrator
Aug 12, 2001
Austin, Texas-AP -- Four-time defending Tour de France winner Lance Armstrong and his wife, Kristin, have separated after four years of marriage.

The Armstrongs announced the decision in an e-mailed statement to an Austin, Texas newspaper (the American-Statesman) yesterday.

The separation comes as Armstrong is preparing to leave for Spain, where he'll train for the European cycling season.

Kristin Armstrong and the couple's three children will stay in Texas.

The two met in early 1997. They were together through Armstrong's bout with testicular cancer.

The Armstrongs say they will meet the challenge of working through their issues with determination and dedication -- as they have other challenges they've faced.

Copyright 2003 Associated Press.

Originally posted by Martinp
Do you think he'll write another book now, "It's not about the Wife"?

HAHA thats abit below the belt

Cheers

Originally posted by Martinp
Do you think he'll write another book now, "It's not about the Wife"?

Word is out its going to be a serie of books.

They have contacted Rumsas already.

I hope they manage to patch things up. If you have read Lance's book "It's not about the Bike" you'll know that they went through hell together with his cancer and the subsquent IVF treatment to have their babies. They deserve to be happy. I wish them well

Originally posted by somersetbiker
I hope they manage to patch things up. If you have read Lance's book "It's not about the Bike" you'll know that they went through hell together with his cancer and the subsquent IVF treatment to have their babies. They deserve to be happy. I wish them well

I agree with your comments 100%....also here's an update

Armstrong in top shape

Four-times Tour de France winner Lance Armstrong will not allow his marital problems to disrupt his preparations for this year's race, according to U.S. Postal team director Johan Bruyneel.

The 31-year-old American announced this week that he was undergoing a trial separation from his wife Kristin whom he married in 1998 shortly after undergoing his successful treatment for advanced testicular cancer.

Bruyneel was adamant that the cyclist's personal problems would not have an adverse effect on his chances of claiming a record-equalling fifth Tour win.

"On the contrary," Bruyneel told Spanish sports daily Marca on Thursday. "He is training harder than ever and is extremely motivated. This winter he has trained like never before because he knows that every year he is starting from scratch again."

Bruyneel added that he believed the experience of the riders in the U.S. Postal team would provide an extra boost for Armstrong in his bid to win this year's race.

"We now have a very solid team that know how to ride the Tour," he said. "They have the physical strength and tactical know-how to defend the race leadership."

Armstrong opens his season by competing in the five-stage Tour of Murcia, which begins next Wednesday, and will also take part in the Setmana Catalana race later in March.

I heard the new book title will be
"It was because of the wife, so it was never about the bike!"

Originally posted by Super Mario
I heard the new book title will be
"It was because of the wife, so it was never about the bike!"

Thats a bit below the belt mate :D

ok he's a strong boy.i want to see him after 10-15 years.who he will look like.

very rich for sure.
don't forget that all the American pharmaceutic industry made him their experiment.

Well, this WAS true, at one time.

But nope, not anymore, Lance and his wife have all kissed and made up, according to Bicycling magazine.