Lance Armstrong 'comeback' in sport - Ironman triathlon vs 4 times WC Chris McCormack

SGcyclist

Dec 17, 2013
Originally Posted by SGcyclist
From Lance's twitter feed and Macca's challenge this race looks like it is on. I can certainly see why Macca wants to just go out and race the guy - as an athlete all your life you would like to just race for fun right? But no doubt this will bring up a lot of arguments in the sport.

Fascinating event for cycling and triathlon nevertheless. I mean who will win anyway?

http://decaironman-training.com/2013/12/09/lance-armstrongs-pro-masters-unsanctioned-race-who-will-win/
i found the commentary below the article to be of greater interest. even at this late date, i cannot fathom how some will excuse armstrong's cheating and the ban it earned him because he "entertained" the audience in sport. sport cannot exist as entertainment alone, like drama or fiction, in which we at a base level know the action is pretend. sport cannot exist as both clean competition and pretend entertainment.

In before the haterz!

Oops...too late.

I really want to see the old guy race again. JMO, but I think Lance will get his ass handed to him.

slovakguy said:
i found the commentary below the article to be of greater interest.  even at this late date, i cannot fathom how some will excuse armstrong's cheating and the ban it earned him because he "entertained" the audience in sport.  sport cannot exist as entertainment alone, like drama or fiction, in which we at a base level know the action is pretend.  sport cannot exist as both clean competition and pretend entertainment.
Sport, no, but athletic games can exist as such. Look at the the typical American pro sports. They're not so much sports as athletic games.....or perhaps a more accurate description would be athletic farce.

Originally Posted by slovakguy
i found the commentary below the article to be of greater interest. even at this late date, i cannot fathom how some will excuse armstrong's cheating and the ban it earned him because he "entertained" the audience in sport. sport cannot exist as entertainment alone, like drama or fiction, in which we at a base level know the action is pretend. sport cannot exist as both clean competition and pretend entertainment.
very well said my friend. They're just twits. You see the thing is when you're dead, you don't realise it nor care that you're infact dead.

Stupid people are in the same state of mind, they don't realise nor care that they're stupid.

ambal said:
very well said my friend. They're just twits. You see the thing is when you're dead, you don't realise it nor care that you're infact dead. Stupid people are in the same state of mind, they don't realise nor care that they're stupid.
wholeheartedly agree with the closing statement. seems to be the same case with the course of the political arguments in the usa. strikes me as fertile ground for cynicism to take root.

slovakguy said:
wholeheartedly agree with the closing statement. seems to be the same case with the course of the political arguments in the usa. strikes me as fertile ground for cynicism to take root.
+10.

Well, as long as Lance is still pissing off elitist twats and politics are making them cynical...I'm delighted!

In the Triathlete poll as to who might be the winner, Chris has 50% of the votes, Lancer at 34% and Who Gives A Rat's Ass at 16% out of 9,050 votes cast.

I voted for the Rat's Ass by mistake. I thought I was voting for one of the elitist twats. Easy mistake....confusing the two.