Lance Armstrong drinks and drives...and wrecks.

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by CAMPYBOB, Feb 3, 2015.

1. CAMPYBOB

CAMPYBOB Well-Known Member

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/sports/lance-armstrong-let-girlfriend-take-blame-colo-hit-run-police-n299501

Of course, road cycling is perfectly safe.

Tags:
    haleylx4 likes this.

2. mpre53

mpre53 Well-Known Member

Well, if you're gonna get hit, you could do worse than a drunk worth $125 million who the whole fucking world hates. All you have to do is survive.

3. CAMPYBOB

CAMPYBOB Well-Known Member

Yeah, getting hit by Lance would be like hitting the trifecta of upper class douchebaggery. I hear he has a Hell of a legal team though!

We always used to joke that if you were going to get tagged, make sure it was by a wealthy old lady in a Benz.

4. MotownBikeBoy

MotownBikeBoy Active Member

I would love to have a shirt that says "Go ahead, hit me, I dare ya, my heirs will love living in your house".

5. jhuskey

jhuskey Moderator

My jersey would read. "I got ran down by a guy with one ball".

6. E.Mil77

E.Mil77 New Member

Lance just can't stay out of trouble. I know if I was hit by Lance this would be a nice payday.

7. BikeBikeBikeBike

BikeBikeBikeBike Well-Known Member

Which is better, to be dirt poor with crap lawyers and get into an accident or to be rich with good lawyers. One doesn't have an incentive to sue a poor person but one also has a big disincentive to sue someone with a legal team.

8. DancingLady

DancingLady Member

I am not sure it would be worth going through all that just for money. I think I would just want to stay off the radar, not end up on tv getting famous so I can't live a normal life either. Money can't fix your reputation or mend broken relationships.

9. katherine25

katherine25 Member

Haha I would love to have this shirt as well!!

10. Femiluv

Femiluv New Member

Haha, that would be awesome. Especially if Lance Armstrong is involved, it's probably a huge house!!

I'd rather be rich with good lawyers, by the way.

11. momof4blessingz

momof4blessingz New Member

He has really turned out to be an embarassing disappointment.

12. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWench Member

I wonder if he offered this 'long time' girlfriend a couple dollars to take that hit for him. Especially if she was drinking as well.

13. StrawberryCat

StrawberryCat New Member

Every time I hear something new about Lance Armstrong my opinions of him keeps getting worse and worse. He needs to just go away for a while and get himself together because right now he's just a disgrace to the cycling community, himself and the world.

14. Corzhens

Corzhens Well-Known Member

Why would you say that the whole world hates the guy? I understand the Lance Armstrong had admitted to using drugs. But still, he holds the record number of wins in Tour De France and no one could take that away from him, even that drug use because not anyone who uses drugs can duplicate his feat. I'm sorry for saying it but I am not really a fan of Armstrong, just wanting to state facts.

15. mpre53

mpre53 Well-Known Member

I jst looked at the list of Tour winners. I don't see his name there even once. I see Jacques Anquetil, Eddy Merckx, Bernard Hinault and Miguel Indurain there 5 times, but no one named Armstrong anywhere. Heck, there's even some French sounding guy named LeMond there who they claim is an American, listed 3 times.

Ever hear of those guys, by the way?

16. Froze

Froze Well-Known Member

In addition to that, Armstrong was only doing what about 75% of all the other pro racers were doing...doping. The UCI knows this crap is going on, and they don't care a whole lot as long as it pulls in advertising money, what they did care about was some pompous American winning their beloved TDF 7 times, if this would have been some French guy who won 7 times not a word would have been said about the drug use. The funny thing is is that teams had vans parked along the race route at strategic locations that the rider would go to, go into the van and get their blood recharged and emerged energized and ready to race, UCI knew what those vans were for, they just looked the other way...unless some American wins the TDF 7 times.

If UCI was really serious about all the doping going on they would make the punishment for anyone caught doping the first time a lifetime ban from pro cycling, instead they just slap their hands, and they would check every rider and not just a couple at random. In auto racing all cars are checked, not just a random few, for anything that isn't legal and is disqualified if anything is found. But any sort of racing for eons have always solicited cheaters, it's just seems to be part of the game.

The other stupid thing is why wasn't the second place finishers given the TDF victory instead? In auto racing if a winner is later found to have cheated during the race they are disqualified and the win given to the second place finisher. Why is cycling any different?

17. mpre53

mpre53 Well-Known Member

Nonsense. Lance had Hein Verbruggen, the UCI president over much of his career, in his pocket. He was tipped off to testers coming by, and had two positive tests that we know of swept under the rug after writing a six figure "donation" to the UCI to "help fund youth cycling".

Verbruggen is Dutch, by the way. Not French. The UCI is headquarted in Switzerland. Verbruggen was succeeded as UCI president by Pat McQuaid, an Irishman. Lance was ordered stripped of his championships by the US Anti-Doping Agency, USADA, headed by an American named Travis Tygart. There isn't a French hand in the whole deal.