Lance Armstrong for Governor of Texas in 2006 -WOW- true or false?

lance doesn't seem to like people looking into his past
so there is no chance of him going into politics where the media would have a field day on him imo

Patrick1983 said:
lance doesn't seem to like people looking into his past
so there is no chance of him going into politics where the media would have a field day on him imo
If Bill Clinton can get away with a BJ in the White House, Lance will be fine.

Dead Star said:
and does this have ANYTHING at all to do with the grand tours??????? IHR SEID ALLE ARSCHLECKER :p

"Lecker" means tasty. I'm sure that not many people here are Arsetasty. Ah well.

Arschlecker {m} [vulg.] arselicker; ass kisser; bumlicker; brownnoser [slang]

case closed.

Dead Star said:
Arschlecker {m} [vulg.] arselicker; ass kisser; bumlicker; brownnoser [slang]

case closed.

You were clearly attempting (poorly) to converse in German. The German word "lecker" translates as tasty.

Case Closed

yes, yes it does mean 'tasty' as a single adjective, but combined with the word 'arsch', it means the definitions that i have already posted.

how is it a poor attempt if it's correct? :D

I keep hearing that he's pretty outspoken against the Iraq war. That would suggest national office. Must be thinking about the House of Representatives. Austin would elect him in a pinch, although he'd have a bit of a time carrying the suburbs. He'd be a Republican because Democrats in Texas can't get elected dogcatcher (and if they made it, their districts would soon be cut up, anyway). I'd put him somewhere to the left of John McCain, probably right next to Olympia Snowe (from Maine).

oldbobcat said:
I keep hearing that he's pretty outspoken against the Iraq war. That would suggest national office. Must be thinking about the House of Representatives. Austin would elect him in a pinch, although he'd have a bit of a time carrying the suburbs. He'd be a Republican because Democrats in Texas can't get elected dogcatcher (and if they made it, their districts would soon be cut up, anyway). I'd put him somewhere to the left of John McCain, probably right next to Olympia Snowe (from Maine).
That's how I understand it, too. I read in, I believe it was SI (it's my guilty pleasure because I can't afford subscriptions to the european sport magazines I like), in one of their Lance!love articles, that if he were to go into politics, he'd need to separate himself from Bush because their views on the war differ. It also said that because people say he shouldn't/can't run, etc, that he probably will.

I have no idea if he'd make a good politican and I'd rather not find out.

I imagine he will run for President in 2020. While trying to get the (whichever) party nomination he will be lead in all of the early primaries by Senetor Hincapie, who will then drop out and give him Governor Armstrong his full backing. Also doing well in the primaries will be Congressman Landis, who will then defect to the other party.

justanothergirl said:
It also said that because people say he shouldn't/can't run, etc, that he probably will.

I have no idea if he'd make a good politican and I'd rather not find out.
Because people say he can't, he will--that's pure Armstrong. I'm curious about your skepticism on him as a politician, though. What makes you say this?

oldbobcat said:
Because people say he can't, he will--that's pure Armstrong. I'm curious about your skepticism on him as a politician, though. What makes you say this?
I've never been fond of celebrities (actors/athletes) going into politics. I believe there was one ... Bill Bradley or something like that. He spoke to my college one year. Anyway.

I want the people who run my country to be smarter than me. I don't want the 'common man' or someone like me (though Armstrong is definitely not like me) to run my government.

Sure, Armstrong is smarter than me in a lot of ways, but he's not the kind of smart I'm talking about. I want someone who has a college education, who has experience in politics and well, is in an intellectual. And, at a very basic level, I want someone who, when they speak, can inspire confidence and to some extent, comfort, in me. Armstrong has none of the qualities that I seek in my leaders.

justanothergirl said:
And, at a very basic level, I want someone who, when they speak, can inspire confidence and to some extent, comfort, in me. Armstrong has none of the qualities that I seek in my leaders.
I can concur with that. Still, the thought of Lance Armstrong ward-healing and writing of letters of recommendation to the military academies for the children of his constituents is an interesting proposition.

oldbobcat said:
I can concur with that. Still, the thought of Lance Armstrong ward-healing and writing of letters of recommendation to the military academies for the children of his constituents is an interesting proposition.
As long as he doesn't represent me, I don't care what he does. I wouldn't vote for him, though.

...you're right we need more politicians in the US like Arnold Swartchnegger, he is educated, well spoken and very intelligent. He also is very adept with treating women as equals as men.

justanothergirl said:
I've never been fond of celebrities (actors/athletes) going into politics. I believe there was one ... Bill Bradley or something like that. He spoke to my college one year. Anyway.

I want the people who run my country to be smarter than me. I don't want the 'common man' or someone like me (though Armstrong is definitely not like me) to run my government.

Sure, Armstrong is smarter than me in a lot of ways, but he's not the kind of smart I'm talking about. I want someone who has a college education, who has experience in politics and well, is in an intellectual. And, at a very basic level, I want someone who, when they speak, can inspire confidence and to some extent, comfort, in me. Armstrong has none of the qualities that I seek in my leaders.

whiteboytrash said:
...you're right we need more politicians in the US like Arnold Swartchnegger, he is educated, well spoken and very intelligent. He also is very adept with treating women as equals as men.
Every so often I'll be channel-surfing and run across "Predator" on one of the cable networks. It never fails to amuse me that the movie features a former dope-smoking woman-groping bodybuilder movie action star, and a former bellicose "pro-wrestler", both of whom went on to become American state governors in less than two decades.

Somewhere, Carl Weathers is planning his campaign strategy . . .

LOL ! Awesome movie... I loved the bit when Arnie straps himself to the tree at the end and the Preditor can't see him....... some of his finest work......... wasn't Carl Weathers Apollo Creed in Rocky ? If so then yes he will become the governor !

Any news on Dolph Lundgren's campaign ?

rejobako said:
Every so often I'll be channel-surfing and run across "Predator" on one of the cable networks. It never fails to amuse me that the movie features a former dope-smoking woman-groping bodybuilder movie action star, and a former bellicose "pro-wrestler", both of whom went on to become American state governors in less than two decades.

Somewhere, Carl Weathers is planning his campaign strategy . . .

HellonWheels said:
If he is a liberal, no way in hell would I vote for him
Yes, heaven help us if we end up with politicians that stand for anything other than greed & selfishness.