Lance Armstrong Foundation Ride for the Roses

ScottJoy

Aug 24, 2003
Join the celebration of Lance Armstrong's unprecedented sixth Tour de France championship -- and help 10 million cancer survivors live strong -- with a gift to the Lance Armstrong Foundation (LAF).

The Peloton Project, comprised of cyclists, cancer survivors, and other volunteers, is the LAF’s major grassroots outreach project to raise funds and awareness in local communities. Almost 3,000 members of the Peloton Project aim to raise $5 million for cancer survivorship programs this year.

I'm going to take part in the Ride for the Roses in Austin, Texas, on October 17. Thousands of people from around the United States and the world ride to bring awareness for cancer survivorship. It's more than a ride, it's a celebration of life. I'm thrilled to be going!

As of August 2, I'm about two thirds of the way to my goal of raising $2,500 in sponsorship donations. The fundraising deadline is August 27.

You can make an instant and secure donation that will count toward my fundraising goal through this link.

The Lance Armstrong Foundation (LAF) believes that in the battle with cancer, knowledge is power and attitude is everything. Founded in 1997 by cancer survivor and cycling champion Lance Armstrong, the LAF provides the practical information and tools people living with cancer need to live strong, in four core program areas: education, advocacy, public health, and research.

Please visit the LAF web site at www.laf.org to find out more. Thank you very much for your support. Your donation will have far-reaching effects for those living with cancer and the future of cancer survivorship. Live strong!

ScottJoy said:
As of August 2, I'm about two thirds of the way to my goal of raising $2,500 in sponsorship donations. The fundraising deadline is August 27.

You can make an instant and secure donation that will count toward my fundraising goal through this link.
As of today, I have just $260 and 16 days left to reach my fundraising goal. If your life has been touched by cancer, please consider a sponsorship donation today.