Lance Armstrong is starting to get annoying

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Race Fan, Jun 27, 2003.

  1. Race Fan

    Race Fan Guest

    I must first confess that I am totally inspired by Lances cycling abilities, but his character is
    about a squirrely as ever. During previous Tour de France interviews he comments on his desire to
    race, retire and have a ton of kids. Now he's divorced! That's your decision Lance, but don't come
    out as a great spokesman and hero flinging great statements around about family without giving a
    darn about your family in the end. He will probably say something like, "but things got hard and
    just weren't working it out". Well, Lance if you gave have the effort you give to cycling and your
    foundation you would have been able to save your family from divorce and all the crap that comes
    with it. Well apparently he survived cancer only to be a selfish moron that thinks little of
    anything else but himself and the glory of the limelight. I hope that Levi or Tyler or Beloki take
    his glory from him this Tour!

    One last word, he recently criticized Patrice Halgand of attacking during the Dauphiné Libéré.
    Patrice claimed he didn't know he fell and thought he had only flated. Lance ripped Patrice and his
    team Jean Delatour apart verbally for this error. Well, Lance, if I remember right you were quite
    the rude, obnoxious, and loud young rider cursing at "big name" riders and struting your stuff (with
    no excuse as Patrice had). Now even if Patrice had attacked knowing you had crashed, he still was
    only following the example of you showing no respect for other riders in the peloton.

    Lance, I hope you find a pin and pop the monster head that is emerging on your shoulders. Yes, you
    are a great cyclist, perhaps one of the best ever, but you are also a complete bigot and moron as a
    person. I hope that I never meet you unless you shape up and become a more humane and sensible human
    rather than a big walking talking ego.

    Tags:

  2. Raymo853

    Raymo853 Guest

    "Race Fan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Now he's divorced!

    Where did you hear that. I heard they had separated, but then reconciled and were back together
    living in Spain.

  3. "Race Fan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I must first confess that I am totally inspired by Lances cycling abilities, but his character is
    > about a squirrely as ever. During previous Tour de France interviews he comments on his desire to
    > race, retire and have a ton of kids. Now he's divorced! That's your decision Lance, but don't come
    > out as a great spokesman and hero flinging great statements around about family without giving a
    > darn about your family in the end. He will probably say something like, "but things got hard and
    > just weren't working it out". Well, Lance if you gave have the effort you give to cycling and your
    > foundation you would have been able to save your family from divorce and all the crap that comes
    > with it. Well apparently he survived cancer only to be a selfish moron that thinks little of
    > anything else but himself and the glory of the limelight. I hope that Levi or Tyler or Beloki take
    > his glory from him this Tour!
    >
    > One last word, he recently criticized Patrice Halgand of attacking during the Dauphiné Libéré.
    > Patrice claimed he didn't know he fell and thought he had only flated. Lance ripped Patrice and
    > his team Jean Delatour apart verbally for this error. Well, Lance, if I remember right you were
    > quite the rude, obnoxious, and loud young rider cursing at "big name" riders and struting your
    > stuff (with no excuse as Patrice had). Now even if Patrice had attacked knowing you had crashed,
    > he still was only following the example of you showing no respect for other riders in the peloton.
    >
    > Lance, I hope you find a pin and pop the monster head that is emerging on your shoulders. Yes, you
    > are a great cyclist, perhaps one of the best ever, but you are also a complete bigot and moron as
    > a person. I hope that I never meet you unless you shape up and become a more humane and sensible
    > human rather than a big walking talking ego.

    1) Lance is not divorced, in fact he and his wife are now back together in Spain - Maybe his family
    is important to him?

    2) When Ullrich crashed in the 2001(?) Tour, Lance had a chance to put the GC away, but instead soft
    pedaled until Jan caught up. They then worked together to catch the main group.

    3) Last year, when someone tried to attack while the leader (not Lance) was taking a privacy break,
    Lance got on them as well.

    On the bike, I think Lance acts as a champion and enforces the courtesies that have existed among
    the riders for years. Off the bike, it seems that he and his wife have worked to keep the family
    together. Why do you assume that Lance was the reason for the breakup? maybe she was a raving bitch?
    In any case, you seem to be completely uninformed

    -T

  4. Us

    Us Guest

    seems to me that her comment to the effect that they had been through 3 countries, 4 homes, 3 kids,
    cancer, and 4 TDF's in a very short time speaks volumes... there's alot going on in that
    family............. (please note that is by no means an acurate quote for the full text do a little
    resaerch OK?)

  5. "us" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > seems to me that her comment to the effect that they had been through 3 countries, 4 homes, 3
    > kids, cancer, and 4 TDF's in a very short time speaks volumes... there's alot going on in that
    > family............. (please note that is by no means an acurate quote for the full text do a
    > little resaerch OK?)

    I think you nailed the quote pretty well. My point was that the problems they were having appeared
    (to me as an outsider) to be a mutual frustration. The original poster implied that it was all
    lance's fault and that he didn't care as much about his family as he had previously claimed. The OP
    was either ignorant of the original situation (obviously not up to date on the current events) or
    making a troll attempt. In either case it was pretty weak.

    -T

  6. Oz Cyclist

    Oz Cyclist Guest

    "Race Fan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]... I must first confess that I am totally
    inspired by Lances cycling abilities, but his character is about a squirrely as ever. During
    previous Tour de France interviews he comments on his desire to race, retire and have a ton of kids.
    Now he's divorced! That's your decision Lance, but don't come out as a great blah blah blah blah
    blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
    blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
    blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
    blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
    blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah and so on and so forth.

    I feel you may be holding back a little. Can you tell us how you really feel?

  7. Phil Holman

    Phil Holman Guest

    "Race Fan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I must first confess that I am totally inspired by Lances cycling abilities, but his character is
    > about a squirrely as ever. During previous Tour de France interviews he comments on his desire to
    > race, retire and have a ton of kids. Now he's divorced! That's your decision Lance, but don't come
    > out as a great spokesman and hero flinging great statements around about family without giving a
    > darn about your family in the end. He will probably say something like, "but things got hard and
    > just weren't working it out". Well, Lance if you gave have the effort you give to cycling and your
    > foundation you would have been able to save your family from divorce and all the crap that comes
    > with it. Well apparently he survived cancer only to be a selfish moron that thinks little of
    > anything else but himself and the glory of the limelight. I hope that Levi or Tyler or Beloki take
    > his glory from him this Tour!
    >
    > One last word, he recently criticized Patrice Halgand of attacking during the Dauphiné Libéré.
    > Patrice claimed he didn't know he fell and thought he had only flated. Lance ripped Patrice and
    > his team Jean Delatour apart verbally for this error. Well, Lance, if I remember right you were
    > quite the rude, obnoxious, and loud young rider cursing at "big name" riders and struting your
    > stuff (with no excuse as Patrice had). Now even if Patrice had attacked knowing you had crashed,
    > he still was only following the example of you showing no respect for other riders in the peloton.
    >
    > Lance, I hope you find a pin and pop the monster head that is emerging on your shoulders. Yes, you
    > are a great cyclist, perhaps one of the best ever, but you are also a complete bigot and moron as
    > a person. I hope that I never meet you unless you shape up and become a more humane and sensible
    > human rather than a big walking talking ego.

    You are a psychotic intellectual capon, a classic case of negative intelligence.

    Phil Holman

  8. Lewdvig

    Lewdvig Guest

    Attack when your opponent is weakest. Duh.

    Lance has been in Europe too long. If he was a hockey player he would have fallen and someone would
    have bashed his teeth in.

    "Phil Holman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Race Fan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > I must first confess that I am totally inspired by Lances cycling abilities, but his character
    > > is about a squirrely as ever. During previous Tour de France interviews he comments on his
    > > desire to race, retire and have a ton of kids. Now he's divorced! That's your decision Lance,
    > > but don't come out as a great spokesman and hero flinging great statements around about family
    > > without giving a darn about your family in the end. He will probably say something like, "but
    > > things got hard and just weren't working it out". Well, Lance if you gave have the effort you
    > > give to cycling and your foundation you would have been able to save your family from divorce
    > > and all the crap that comes with it. Well apparently he survived cancer only to be a selfish
    > > moron that thinks little of anything else but himself and the glory of the limelight. I hope
    > > that Levi or Tyler or Beloki take his glory from him this Tour!
    > >
    > > One last word, he recently criticized Patrice Halgand of attacking during the Dauphiné Libéré.
    > > Patrice claimed he didn't know he fell and thought he had only flated. Lance ripped Patrice and
    > > his team Jean Delatour apart verbally for this error. Well, Lance, if I remember right you were
    > > quite the rude, obnoxious, and loud young rider cursing at "big name" riders and struting your
    > > stuff (with no excuse as Patrice had). Now even if Patrice had attacked knowing you had crashed,
    > > he still was only following the example of you showing no respect for other riders in the
    > > peloton.
    > >
    > > Lance, I hope you find a pin and pop the monster head that is emerging on your shoulders. Yes,
    > > you are a great cyclist, perhaps one of the best ever, but you are also a complete bigot and
    > > moron as a person. I hope that I never meet you unless you shape up and become a more humane and
    > > sensible human rather than a big walking talking ego.
    > >

    > You are a psychotic intellectual capon, a classic case of negative intelligence.
    >
    > Phil Holman

  9. Urhome

    Urhome Guest

    This reminds me of dream analysis--everyone in your dreams is actually yourself.

    "Race Fan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I must first confess that I am totally inspired by Lances cycling abilities, but his character is
    > about a squirrely as ever. During previous Tour de France interviews he comments on his desire to
    > race, retire and have a ton of kids. Now he's divorced! That's your decision Lance, but don't come
    > out as a great spokesman and hero flinging great statements around about family without giving a
    > darn about your family in the end. He will probably say something like, "but things got hard and
    > just weren't working it out". Well, Lance if you gave have the effort you give to cycling and your
    > foundation you would have been able to save your family from divorce and all the crap that comes
    > with it. Well apparently he survived cancer only to be a selfish moron that thinks little of
    > anything else but himself and the glory of the limelight. I hope that Levi or Tyler or Beloki take
    > his glory from him this Tour!
    >
    > One last word, he recently criticized Patrice Halgand of attacking during the Dauphiné Libéré.
    > Patrice claimed he didn't know he fell and thought he had only flated. Lance ripped Patrice and
    > his team Jean Delatour apart verbally for this error. Well, Lance, if I remember right you were
    > quite the rude, obnoxious, and loud young rider cursing at "big name" riders and struting your
    > stuff (with no excuse as Patrice had). Now even if Patrice had attacked knowing you had crashed,
    > he still was only following the example of you showing no respect for other riders in the peloton.
    >
    > Lance, I hope you find a pin and pop the monster head that is emerging on your shoulders. Yes, you
    > are a great cyclist, perhaps one of the best ever, but you are also a complete bigot and moron as
    > a person. I hope that I never meet you unless you shape up and become a more humane and sensible
    > human rather than a big walking talking ego.

  10. Race fan-<< During previous Tour de France interviews he comments on his desire to race, retire and
    have a ton of kids. Now he's divorced! >><BR><BR>

    errrrrrrrrr, thank you for playing....

    Jus cuz it's on the internet doesn't make it true..believe it or not.

  11. Arous

    Arous Guest

    Man I hate to do this but I must respond to this BS...Your info on Lance is WRONG...as previously
    noted...I'm 54 and Lance has been a real inspiration to me...I rediscovered the bicycle about 10
    years ago and watching Lance through his trials and tribulations has been an amazing story of a
    human being over coming incredible odds.

    When I climb a steep hill or mountain and I feel too tired to go on, I think of Lance and somehow
    these ol' bones seem to make it up and over the obstacles...I appreciate his zest for life!

    As for martial problems since when do you, or anyone else for that matter, have the right to judge
    someone else's life...You obviously spend too much time reading tabloids or watching fox
    news...neither or which would know truth if it stood right in front of them....

    Leave Lance, his wife and his kids alone...I wonder how your life would look if you too lived in
    that same fishbowl...Twit!

    All glory is fleeting and Lance is cashing in on his fame...At least he's earned it...Not like that
    kid from high school who got a $90,000,000.00 contract from nike and is untested in the professional
    ranks...Lance is a true champion in the professional ranks of bicycle racing...his private life is
    none of yours or mine business...Now go back to watching your fox news and leave the rest of us
    alone to cheer on Lance as he wins Le Tour number 5! Go Posties...

    My two cents, Arous

    "Race Fan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I must first confess that I am totally inspired by Lances cycling abilities, but his character is
    > about a squirrely as ever. During previous Tour de France interviews he comments on his desire to
    > race, retire and have a ton of kids. Now he's divorced! That's your decision Lance, but don't come
    > out as a great spokesman and hero flinging great statements around about family without giving a
    > darn about your family in the end. He will probably say something like, "but things got hard and
    > just weren't working it out". Well, Lance if you gave have the effort you give to cycling and your
    > foundation you would have been able to save your family from divorce and all the crap that comes
    > with it. Well apparently he survived cancer only to be a selfish moron that thinks little of
    > anything else but himself and the glory of the limelight. I hope that Levi or Tyler or Beloki take
    > his glory from him this Tour!
    >
    > One last word, he recently criticized Patrice Halgand of attacking during the Dauphiné Libéré.
    > Patrice claimed he didn't know he fell and thought he had only flated. Lance ripped Patrice and
    > his team Jean Delatour apart verbally for this error. Well, Lance, if I remember right you were
    > quite the rude, obnoxious, and loud young rider cursing at "big name" riders and struting your
    > stuff (with no excuse as Patrice had). Now even if Patrice had attacked knowing you had crashed,
    > he still was only following the example of you showing no respect for other riders in the peloton.
    >
    > Lance, I hope you find a pin and pop the monster head that is emerging on your shoulders. Yes, you
    > are a great cyclist, perhaps one of the best ever, but you are also a complete bigot and moron as
    > a person. I hope that I never meet you unless you shape up and become a more humane and sensible
    > human rather than a big walking talking ego.

  12. Ken Papai

    Ken Papai Guest

    "Race Fan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I must first confess that I am totally inspired by Lances cycling abilities, but his character is
    > about a squirrely as ever. During previous Tour de France interviews he comments on his desire to
    > race, retire and have a ton of kids. Now he's divorced! That's your

    You're an Idiot, right? You must be.

    > decision Lance, but don't come out as a great spokesman and hero flinging great statements around
    > about family without giving a darn about your family in the end. He will probably say something
    > like, "but things got hard and just weren't working it out". Well, Lance if you gave have the
    > effort you give to cycling and your foundation you would have been able to save your family from
    > divorce and all the crap that comes with it. Well apparently he survived cancer only to be a
    > selfish moron that thinks little of anything else but himself and the glory of the limelight. I
    > hope that Levi or Tyler or Beloki take his glory from him this Tour!

  13. onedisciple

    onedisciple Guest

    I confess I've never found Lance inspiring and ever since he panned everyone else at the Tour of
    Spain, calling it a non-event with no one of significance present (of course, if he had won, it
    would have been a big deal event), I have not any the slightest bit of respect for him. I don't
    doubt with the attitude he shows that hs family life has friction.

  14. One man's opinion <onedisci[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I confess I've never found Lance inspiring and ever since he panned
    > everyone else at the Tour of Spain, calling it a non-event with no one
    > of significance present (of course, if he had won, it would have been a
    > big deal event), I have not any the slightest bit of respect for him. I
    > don't doubt with the attitude he shows that hs family life has friction.

  15. Lewdvig

    Lewdvig Guest

    millions on cheap whores I would still love the guy.

    My only beef with the guy is that he only races hard for a couple of months a year. I think he could
    and should sustain the effort longer. It would be good for the sport to have its top stars spread
    their efforts around more of the calendar.

  16. "Ken Papai" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > "Race Fan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > I must first confess that I am totally inspired by Lances cycling abilities, but his character
    > > is about a squirrely as ever. During previous Tour de France interviews he comments on his
    > > desire to race, retire and have a ton of kids. Now he's divorced! That's your
    >
    > You're an Idiot, right? You must be.

    Takes one to know one, Ken?

    -RJ

  17. Lebron James

    Lebron James Guest

    That's it - you done it now - I am gonna smack you wit' my homeboys. Weez be coming up here in da
    cyclin' hood to lay da smack down. Don't you know? Nobody talk 'bout Leborn James and live to tell
    about it, I gots game, mo' impotantlee I gots 90 Million Bucks. What! That's right right that is
    like one hundred million billion and eleventy Benjamin Franklins. And dats a lot.

    After basketball I am gonna come lay da smack down on all you freakin' euro wannabees and smoke all
    the cat 5 homies.

    be scared, be very afraid, the ever omnipotent james is coming to town.

    Lebron

    "Arous" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> [...]
    > > Patrice claimed he didn't know he fell and thought he had only flated. Lance ripped Patrice and
    > > his team Jean Delatour apart verbally for this error. Well, Lance, if I remember right you were
    > > quite the rude, obnoxious, and loud young rider cursing at "big name" riders and struting your
    > > stuff (with no excuse as Patrice had). Now even if Patrice had attacked knowing you had crashed,
    > > he still was only following the example of you showing no respect for other riders in the
    > > peloton.
    > >
    > > Lance, I hope you find a pin and pop the monster head that is emerging on your shoulders. Yes,
    > > you are a great cyclist, perhaps one of the best ever, but you are also a complete bigot and
    > > moron as a person. I hope that I never meet you unless you shape up and become a more humane and
    > > sensible human rather than a big walking talking ego.

  18. lazysegall

    lazysegall New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 12, 2003
    I have to agree that Lance doesn;t race enough for my tastes...I have argued if before on other message boards...All the other 4 time tdf winners won other major tours. I hope that lance takes simoni up and races in the giro next year...I don;t think he will, but it would be fun...especially when he would be trying to break the record.
    I think the reason for so little racing is the payment structure in cycling...First, Americans (in the popular sense) only care about the tour so Lance NEEDS to win that. Lemond's failure to win another major race may contribute to this feeling...although OLN does cover the 3 grand tours while only the tdf is covered in Austrailia for instance. USPS, Nike, and Subaru would be most unhapy if Lance lost that race. Second, the money is in the contracts and endorsements not winning...Lance has already maxed his income potential racing more is worth no money. Third, even if lance wants to race the Vuelta he can;t because of heras rubierra beltran ect.

  19. "lazysegall" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Lewdvig wrote:
    > > millions on cheap whores I would still love the guy. My only beef with the guy is that he only
    > > races hard for a couple of months a year. I think he could and should sustain the effort
    > > longer.
    It
    > > would be good for the sport to have its top stars spread their efforts around more of the
    > > calendar. "Just a Cyclist" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > [email protected]:[email protected]
    > > > One man's opinion <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > [email protected]:[email protected]
    him.

    > I have to agree that Lance doesn;t race enough for my tastes...I have argued if before on other
    > message boards...All the other 4 time tdf winners won other major tours. I hope that lance takes
    > simoni up and races in the giro next year...I don;t think he will, but it would be
    > fun...especially when he would be trying to break the record. I think the reason for so little
    > racing is the payment structure in cycling...First, Americans (in the popular sense) only care
    > about the tour so Lance NEEDS to win that. Lemond's failure to win another major race may
    > contribute to this feeling...although OLN does cover the 3 grand tours while only the tdf is
    > covered in Austrailia for instance. USPS, Nike, and Subaru would be most unhapy if Lance lost that
    > race. Second, the money is in the contracts and endorsements not winning...Lance has already maxed
    > his income potential racing more is worth no money. Third, even if lance wants to race the Vuelta
    > he can;t because of heras rubierra beltran ect.

    You would rather have him race more if it meant not winning the TdF? Maybe he knows his limitations
    and values that race more than the rest of the season. It's not like he doesn't win other races
    (Dauphine), and he's made some attempts in the classics. Off the top of your head can you name any
    other races won by Savoldelli or Aitor Gonzalez last year?

    -T