Lance Armstrong Signature Bike

Coredvettes

Oct 11, 2005
Yes I was wondering If anyone has ever heard of this bike? Yes I have seen and own the Yellow 2000 Trek 5500 Lance Armstrong Signature Bike. Yes I know that 1999 of them were made. I have bought the identical bike except that it is black. Through all my research on the internet and through Trek dealerships I have not been able to find anything about this bike. I looks totally factory and came with the medallion with the matching autograph picture of Lance just like the yellow signature bikes came with. All the Trek dealerships have also said they know nothing about the bike and that it looks like a factory frame. It has all the same stickers on the bike as the yellow ones do in design except that on the yellow bike where it is red and white stripes it is white and black and of course the bike itself is black. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Coredvettes said:
Yes I was wondering If anyone has ever heard of this bike? Yes I have seen and own the Yellow 2000 Trek 5500 Lance Armstrong Signature Bike. Yes I know that 1999 of them were made. I have bought the identical bike except that it is black. Through all my research on the internet and through Trek dealerships I have not been able to find anything about this bike. I looks totally factory and came with the medallion with the matching autograph picture of Lance just like the yellow signature bikes came with. All the Trek dealerships have also said they know nothing about the bike and that it looks like a factory frame. It has all the same stickers on the bike as the yellow ones do in design except that on the yellow bike where it is red and white stripes it is white and black and of course the bike itself is black. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Like everything else in the world, you gotta know people to get what you want. My friend has the bike and knows people. She rode it last weekend at a local century. Very nice and very limited.

I did purchase this bike and comes complete with signature on bike and autograph on certificate, full carbon fiber with 9 speed dure ace components

just as a comment, the Madone's by Trek are named after Armstrong training-ride hills near Nice in France. The Madone hill climb was also used by him to gauge his final fitness before the start of the Tour, as he put it, he new he was going to win the TDF when his test up this mountain was satisfactory,

No. 430 was listed in three separate auctions with a decreasing asking price in each. It did not sell in any of them.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=madone+lance+armstrong&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&_okw=&_oexkw=&_adv=1&LH_Complete=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=200&_fpos=&_fsct=&LH_SALE_CURRENCY=0&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50

No. 366, currently listed, will have a very limited collector market. Most bikes, no matter how 'collectible' have a very limited market. When the Japanese market is up, sometimes the smaller frames will go up a bit in collector market value, but that's just a small blip on the radar. The words "Trek" and "collectible" are not generally found in the same sentence. Even when the team bikes were put on eBay a few years ago, the auction was a bust.

Now, if one were to put a Colt 6920 AR15 up for bid now, a 3x to 4x profit could be realized in a matter of minutes.