Lance Armstrong: The Movie

On Sun, 27 Aug 2006 14:03:22 -0400, John Forrest Tomlinson
<[email protected]> wrote:

>For some reason I want to see Arnold Schwarzenegger play Ullrich and,
>as the top guys try to head down from the finish at L'Alpe d"Huez he
>yells "Come on, get to the chopper!"

How about Rae Dawn Chong capitalizing on her wheel changing skills to
get a ride on the Mavic support motorcycle!!

Dave Clary/Corpus Christi, Tx
Home: http://davidclary.com

http://www-tc.pbs.org/wgbh/cultureshock/flashpoints/theater/images/clockwork_big.jpg?mii=1

--
tanx,
Howard

Never take a tenant with a monkey.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

MagillaGorilla wrote:
> matabala wrote:
> > "MagillaGorilla" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...

> >>How on earth are they going to recreate the climbs in the Tour de France
> >>with thousands of fans lining the road - this should be hilarious. Maybe
> >>they'll get a bunch of Cat. 3's to pretend they're Euro-pros.
> >>

> > It's the movies, they're in the make believe business. They can recreate
> > the Roman Coliseum, the Super Bowl, the sinking of the Titanic, the streets
> > of Mogadishu etc., etc., etc. and you have to ask? A concept apparently too
> > advanced for certain primates among us.
> >

> Hey ass clown....the racing scenes ain't going to look realistic unless
> they use authentic OLN footage. This ain't gonna be a big-budget movie
> like Titanic and James Cameron isn't its director.
>
> Either they are going to use real race footage, in which case it will be
> gay because it will be like watching a repeat. And if they use extras,
> they would have to use experienced racers and pay them SAG wages. That's
> not going to happen either.
>
> Besides, we already know the Lance story. We don't need to hear about
> it again and again, and again. And to have that Brokeback cruiser
> playing Lance is über-gay.
>
> The only people who will see this movie are the same type of people who
> wore the yellow Livestrong wristbands to make them feel like they belong
> to some cause in life.
>
> Lance's cancer story has been beaten to death. Nobody cares about it
> anymore because it has been commercialized too much. It totally lost
> its sentimental appeal.
>
> And how are they going to portray all his failed relationships...he went
> through 3 women. Name one other movie where the lead female changes 3
> times before the end.
>
> This story is something that should have been left to a good documentary
> director, not Hollywood.
>
> Take care,

What I would pay money to see, is the 1980's footage of Dustin Hoffman
(who was starring in an unreleased film titled "Yellow Jersey", about
an aging TDF star who returns to glory). I remember they were
shoooting film around the time of Greg's first podium placings. My
guess is that they couldn't get it to look "real" enough, so they
shelved it.

On 28 Aug 2006 08:57:44 -0700, [email protected] wrote:

>What I would pay money to see, is the 1980's footage of Dustin Hoffman
>(who was starring in an unreleased film titled "Yellow Jersey", about
>an aging TDF star who returns to glory). I remember they were
>shoooting film around the time of Greg's first podium placings. My
>guess is that they couldn't get it to look "real" enough, so they
>shelved it.

Apparently Hoffman was doing that thing he did where he thinks he has to become
whatever character he's playing instead of acting. He just couldn't get himself
to feel like a TdF winner.

Ron

In article
<[email protected]>,
"wimpyVO2" <[email protected]> wrote:

> It's hitting the newswires now that Jake Gyllenhaal will play Lance
> Armstrong in a major motion picture on Armstrong's life. Setting aside
> the obvious "Brokeback Mountain" jokes, the big question is: Why? Do we
> really need an Armstrong biography on film? He's got two books out, his
> Mom wrote a book, and his cycling career and cancer recovery have been
> repeated in the mass media ad infinitum and ad nauseum.
>
> I know I'm not going to shell out $9 to see a story I already know.
> Unless they include some exciting footage of a high speed twisty Alpine
> descent that shows what it's like from Lance's point of view.

I've read the followups. Looks like a bunch of hangers-on
around here will watch this movie, or at least pass out in
front of it when it's on home video.

--
Michael Press

MagillaGorilla wrote:

> This story is something that should have been left to a good documentary
> director, not Hollywood.
>
> Take care,
>

> Magilla

The Discovery Channel already has hours and hours of Lance Armtstrong
documentary film that has been shown - can't see the appeal of a movie.

N.

in message <[email protected]>,
[email protected] ('[email protected]') wrote:

> What I would pay money to see, is the 1980's footage of Dustin Hoffman
> (who was starring in an unreleased film titled "Yellow Jersey", about
> an aging TDF star who returns to glory). I remember they were
> shoooting film around the time of Greg's first podium placings. My
> guess is that they couldn't get it to look "real" enough, so they
> shelved it.

The book (of the same title) on which that film was based is a good read
though, if decidedly dated. Fiction, but enjoyable stuff.

I'm fed up with Life 1.0. I never liked it much and now it's getting
me down. I think I'll upgrade to MSLife 97 -- you know, the one that
comes in a flash new box and within weeks you're crawling with bugs.

B. Lafferty wrote:
> "Fred Fredburger" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> MagillaGorilla wrote:
>>
>>> Wrong. Everybody knows Lance got cancer, won the Tour de France, and
>>> dumped Sheryl Crow after divorcing his wife. There's nothing left to
>>> tell. Not to me, or anyone else.

>> Yeah, I kind of agree with you on that. But we're a minority. Millions of
>> copies of his biographies have sold. Those were WAY longer than your one
>> sentence synopsis. So lots of people have bought into a much larger story
>> than you allow for or I care about. Hollywood can only make things worse.
>> I cannot imagine what kind of ******** they are likely to pack around the
>> story as filler. No way would I pay to watch that.
>>
>> I WOULD pay to see a film of Brian Lafferty tied to a chair and being
>> forced to watch it, however. That would be entertaining!

> Only if the sound track is Beethoven's 9th.

That was my first thought too.

It would also be cool without the music. Just the sound from the movie
as it begins with a voice-over by Lance saying "I was born a poor black
child. I remember the days, sittin' on the porch with my family, singin'
and dancin' down in Mississippi..."