Lance Armstrong: True American?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Fauxprez, Jul 15, 2003.

  1. Fauxprez

    Fauxprez Guest

    Fact: Lance Armstrong is a *BIG* GWB admirer...an extreme W-phile...just an all-around W-suck-up.

    Fact: All good God-fearing, flag-waving, patriotic, True Americans are now supposed to hate and
    despise any and everything related in any way to France and the French...those goddamn cheese-eating
    surrender monkeys!!!

    So: HOW can Lance Armstrong justify participating in this year's "Tour de Freedom?" Doesn't that
    make him an unpatriotic, traitorous, America-hater?

    http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2001/08/20010803-5.html
    http://www.lancearmstrong.com/lance/online2.nsf/docs/0DB19B1C0FFF220386256B300070F8CC

    Tags:

  2. Lindsay

    Lindsay Guest

    On Tue, 15 Jul 03 14:48:06 GMT, [email protected] (FauxPrez) wrote:

    >Fact: Lance Armstrong is a *BIG* GWB admirer...an extreme W-phile...just an all-around W-suck-up.

    I hate to feed the trolls BUT ...

    Gov. Bush was a big Lance supporter during Lance's fight with cancer. Gov. Bush not only gave
    Lance his personal support but also used his position as Gov to help promote the cause for
    cancer research.

    People from Austin TX seem to stick together and look out for each other. Both GWB and Lance have
    received promotions since the 96/97 season that brought them together. It's not surprising they
    still respect each other.

    Lindsay
    ----------------------------
    "One of the annoying things about believing in free will and individual responsibility is the
    difficulty of finding somebody to blame your problems on. And when you do find somebody, it's
    remarkable how often his picture turns up on your driver's license."

    P.J. O'Rourke

  3. > So: HOW can Lance Armstrong justify participating in this year's "Tour de Freedom?"

    I like that, " T o u r de Freedom"

  4. Geo

    Geo Guest

    FauxPrez wrote:
    > Fact: Lance Armstrong is a *BIG* GWB admirer...an extreme W-phile...just an all-around W-suck-up.
    >
    > Fact: All good God-fearing, flag-waving, patriotic, True Americans are now supposed to hate and
    > despise any and everything related in any way to France and the French...those goddamn
    > cheese-eating surrender monkeys!!!
    >
    > So: HOW can Lance Armstrong justify participating in this year's "Tour de Freedom?" Doesn't that
    > make him an unpatriotic, traitorous, America-hater?

    No, but it makes you an idiot.

    > http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2001/08/20010803-5.html
    > http://www.lancearmstrong.com/lance/online2.nsf/docs/0DB19B1C0FFF220386256B300070F8CC

  5. Laura Bush

    Laura Bush Guest

    [email protected] (FauxPrez) wrote in news:[email protected]:
    > Fact: Lance Armstrong is a *BIG* GWB admirer...an extreme W-phile...just an all-around W-suck-up.

    Lance Armstrong has openly called George W. an idiot for invading Iraq without the support of the
    United Nations. Does that make one of them a traitor?

  6. Juan Parra

    Juan Parra Guest

    what is a true american anyway? is a bush foreign-policies follower a true american?

    "FauxPrez" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Fact: Lance Armstrong is a *BIG* GWB admirer...an extreme W-phile...just an all-around W-suck-up.
    >
    > Fact: All good God-fearing, flag-waving, patriotic, True Americans are now supposed to hate and
    > despise any and everything related in any way to France and the French...those goddamn
    > cheese-eating surrender monkeys!!!
    >
    > So: HOW can Lance Armstrong justify participating in this year's "Tour de Freedom?" Doesn't that
    > make him an unpatriotic, traitorous, America-hater?
    >
    > http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2001/08/20010803-5.html

    http://www.lancearmstrong.com/lance/online2.nsf/docs/0DB19B1C0FFF220386256B300070F8CC

  7. J999w

    J999w Guest

    Took me three replies to figure out what the heck you meant by GWB.

    jw

  8. J999w wrote:

    > Took me three replies to figure out what the heck you meant by GWB.
    >
    > jw

    That is okay, it takes GWB about 5 to figure out what that means. Great White Burger? Grand White
    Boardwalk? Good When Baked? Gigantic Water Balloons (aka Weapons of Mass Destruction...) Oh! George
    Walker Bush... 'Hey! That's me!'

    Joe
    --
    #----------------------------------------------------------# Penguinix Consulting #
    #----------------------------------------------------------# Software development, QA and testing. #

  9. Scribe2b

    Scribe2b Guest

    >what is a true american anyway? is a bush foreign-policies follower a true american?

    GWB is osama's manchurian candidate. he's overeacted to 9-11 in every way terrorists needed him to.

    soon the 1990's will be recalled as the "Second Golden nineties." No war no deficit

  10. F1

    F1 Guest

    > So: HOW can Lance Armstrong justify participating in this year's "Tour de Freedom?" Doesn't that
    > make him an unpatriotic, traitorous, America-hater?

    How about sticking it to the Frenchies for the 5th time in a row? It's become the Tour de Lance, and
    it burns them up.

    "FauxPrez" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Fact: Lance Armstrong is a *BIG* GWB admirer...an extreme W-phile...just an all-around W-suck-up.
    >
    > Fact: All good God-fearing, flag-waving, patriotic, True Americans are now supposed to hate and
    > despise any and everything related in any way to France and the French...those goddamn
    > cheese-eating surrender monkeys!!!
    >
    > So: HOW can Lance Armstrong justify participating in this year's "Tour de Freedom?" Doesn't that
    > make him an unpatriotic, traitorous, America-hater?
    >
    > http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2001/08/20010803-5.html

    http://www.lancearmstrong.com/lance/online2.nsf/docs/0DB19B1C0FFF220386256B300070F8CC

  11. W K

    W K Guest

    > > So: HOW can Lance Armstrong justify participating in this year's "Tour de Freedom?"
    >
    > I like that, " T o u r de Freedom"

    Me too. Perhaps Lance enjoys "freedom".

    Perhaps its because theres no tour of Britain, where a leader can listen to the people (of america).

  12. Shaun

    Shaun Guest

    On Tue, 15 Jul 03 14:48:06 GMT, [email protected] (FauxPrez) wrote:

    >So: HOW can Lance Armstrong justify participating in this year's "Tour de Freedom?" Doesn't that
    >make him an unpatriotic, traitorous, America-hater?

    You have it backwards turd, nothing could be more patriotic then going over there and beating them ,
    again and again and again etc

    GO LANCE !!!!

  13. Shaun

    Shaun Guest

    On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 15:04:50 +0000 (UTC), Laura Bush <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Lance Armstrong has openly called George W. an idiot for invading Iraq without the support of the
    >United Nations. Does that make one of them a traitor?

    Any credible quotes there MR Laura Bush aka transvestite ?

  14. Scribe2b wrote:

    > >what is a true american anyway? is a bush foreign-policies follower a true american?
    >
    > GWB is osama's manchurian candidate. he's overeacted to 9-11 in every way terrorists
    > needed him to.
    >
    > soon the 1990's will be recalled as the "Second Golden nineties." No war no deficit

    Not if Tom Ridge and John Ashcroft have their way. They are trying to get the history books
    rewritten to reflect that "the 90's never existed... It was all a dream. Now, hold still while Agent
    Smith places you back into your pod..."

    Joe
    --
    #----------------------------------------------------------# Penguinix Consulting #
    #----------------------------------------------------------# Software development, QA and testing. #
    #Linux support and training. # "Don't fear the penguin!" #
    #----------------------------------------------------------# Registered Linux user: #309247
    #http://counter.li.org # ----------------------------------------------------------#

  15. GWB Good Work Beloki -tom

    "Joseph Cipale" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > J999w wrote:
    > >
    > > Took me three replies to figure out what the heck you meant by GWB.
    > >
    > > jw
    >
    > That is okay, it takes GWB about 5 to figure out what that means. Great White Burger? Grand White
    > Boardwalk? Good When Baked? Gigantic Water Balloons (aka Weapons of Mass Destruction...) Oh!
    > George Walker Bush... 'Hey! That's me!'
    >
    > Joe
    > --
    > #----------------------------------------------------------# Penguinix Consulting #
    > #----------------------------------------------------------# Software development, QA and testing.
    > ## Linux support and training. # "Don't fear the penguin!" #
    > #----------------------------------------------------------# Registered Linux user: #309247
    > #http://counter.li.org # ----------------------------------------------------------#

  16. Emmanuel

    Emmanuel Guest

    Shaun <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected] 4ax.com:

    > On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 15:04:50 +0000 (UTC), Laura Bush <[email protected]> wrote:
    >

    >>Lance Armstrong has openly called George W. an idiot for invading Iraq without the support of the
    >>United Nations. Does that make one of them a traitor?
    >

    > Any credible quotes there MR Laura Bush aka transvestite ?

    What he said in the french magazine "L'Equipe" :

    "Je ne suis pas un fan de la guerre, mais je ne suis pas non plus un fan d'un dictateur comme Saddam
    Hussein et évidemment pas de toute forme de terrorisme. Pourtant, je pense que ce serait une erreur
    d'y aller sans le support des Nations unies et de l'Europe."

    "I am not a fan of the war, but I am not either a fan of a dictator like Saddam Hussein and
    obviously not of any form of terrorism. However, I think that it would be an error to go there
    without the support of the United Nations and Europe"

  17. In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
    > Shaun <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected] 4ax.com:
    >
    > > On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 15:04:50 +0000 (UTC), Laura Bush <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >

    > >>Lance Armstrong has openly called George W. an idiot for invading Iraq without the support of
    > >>the United Nations. Does that make one of them a traitor?
    > >

    > > Any credible quotes there MR Laura Bush aka transvestite ?
    >
    > What he said in the french magazine "L'Equipe" :
    >
    > "Je ne suis pas un fan de la guerre, mais je ne suis pas non plus un fan d'un dictateur comme
    > Saddam Hussein et évidemment pas de toute forme de terrorisme. Pourtant, je pense que ce serait
    > une erreur d'y aller sans le support des Nations unies et de l'Europe."
    >
    > "I am not a fan of the war, but I am not either a fan of a dictator like Saddam Hussein and
    > obviously not of any form of terrorism. However, I think that it would be an error to go there
    > without the support of the United Nations and Europe"

    How many years had he lived in Europe now? Some of that Euro-patriotism must have rubbed off by now,
    I would think.
    --
    _________________________

  18. FauxPrez wrote:
    > Fact: Lance Armstrong is a *BIG* GWB admirer...an extreme W-phile...just an all-around W-suck-up.

    They're friends since Lance's bout with cancer. I don't think that makes him a suck-up.

    > Fact: All good God-fearing, flag-waving, patriotic, True Americans are now supposed to hate and
    > despise any and everything related in any way to France and the French...those goddamn
    > cheese-eating surrender monkeys!!!

    How is this a fact? Who says this is true? This is blatantly false. While many amercians feel this
    way, there are also many who don't.

    > So: HOW can Lance Armstrong justify participating in this year's "Tour de Freedom?" Doesn't that
    > make him an unpatriotic, traitorous, America-hater?

    No. It does make you a moron troll though.

    --Bill Davidson
    --
    Please remove ".nospam" from my address for email replies.

  19. Tony Austn

    Tony Austn Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (FauxPrez) wrote:

    > Fact: Lance Armstrong is a *BIG* GWB admirer...an extreme W-phile...just an all-around W-suck-up.

    You are whacked. Lance Armstrong never endorsed President Bush at a primary or at any state or
    federal election for that matter. However, President Bush DID honor Lance Armstrong for his
    courageous wins and the work he has done for cancer awareness and research etc. Get your facts
    straight loser. In fact why don't you go flame Bono of U2 next in an apropos group, troll.

  20. Laura Bush

    Laura Bush Guest

    Tony Austn <[email protected]_screw_spam> wrote in news:k55-
    [email protected]:
    > You are whacked. Lance Armstrong never endorsed President Bush at a primary or at any state or
    > federal election for that matter.

    Lance Armstrong has shaken hands with George Bush, so they must be friends. Has anyone seen the
    photo of Donald Rumsfield shaking hands with Saddam Hussien?