Lance Armstrong: True American?

> Tony Austn <[email protected]_screw_spam> wrote in news:k55-
> [email protected]:
> > You are whacked. Lance Armstrong never endorsed President Bush at a primary or at any state or
> > federal election for that matter.
>
> Lance Armstrong has shaken hands with George Bush, so they must be friends. Has anyone seen the
> photo of Donald Rumsfield shaking hands with Saddam Hussien?

That was just a small thank you for the billions of dollars.
--
_________________________

In article <[email protected]>, Tony Austn
<[email protected]_screw_spam> wrote: }In article <[email protected]>, }
[email protected] (FauxPrez) wrote: } }> Fact: Lance Armstrong is a *BIG* GWB admirer...an
extreme }> W-phile...just an all-around W-suck-up. } } }You are whacked. Lance Armstrong never
endorsed President Bush at a }primary or at any state or federal election for that matter. However,
}President Bush DID honor Lance Armstrong for his courageous wins and the }work he has done for
cancer awareness and research etc. Get your facts }straight loser.

Yeah, I guess they lie at whitehouse.gov:

From http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2001/08/20010803-5.html :

"MR. ARMSTRONG: Thank you very much. You know, it's an honor to be here. President Bush has been a
friend of ours and a friend of mine for many years, back in -- since his days in Austin, right in
the wonderful state of Texas."

..However, you do get points for spelling loser "loser," not "looser."

----
"President Bush says that he does not need approval from the U.N. to wage war...and I'm thinking,
"Well, hell, he really didn't need the approval of the American voters to become president either,
did he?" - David Letterman

In article <[email protected]>, Laura Bush <[email protected]> wrote: }Tony Austn

From http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2001/08/20010803-5.html :

"MR. ARMSTRONG: Thank you very much. You know, it's an honor to be here. President Bush has been a
friend of ours and a friend of mine for many years, back in -- since his days in Austin, right in
the wonderful state of Texas."

----
"President Bush says that he does not need approval from the U.N. to wage war...and I'm thinking,
"Well, hell, he really didn't need the approval of the American voters to become president either,
did he?" - David Letterman

[email protected] (FauxPrez) wrote:

>Fact: Lance Armstrong is a *BIG* GWB admirer...an extreme W-phile...just an all-around W-suck-up.
>
>Fact: All good God-fearing, flag-waving, patriotic, True Americans are now supposed to hate and
>despise any and everything related in any way to France and the French...those goddamn
>cheese-eating surrender monkeys!!!
>
>So: HOW can Lance Armstrong justify participating in this year's "Tour de Freedom?" Doesn't that
>make him an unpatriotic, traitorous, America-hater?

Only if he fails to whip their froggy asses ...

detained the moment he steps back on americaaaaan soil, and then he should have a bicycle tire pump
shoved so far up his ass the he whistles dixie when he breathes.

JHall.

"emmanuel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Shaun <[email protected]> wrote in news:cmd8hv4c12gncok15kbogi58asn5jqncni@ 4ax.com:
>
> > On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 15:04:50 +0000 (UTC), Laura Bush <[email protected]> wrote:
> >

> >>Lance Armstrong has openly called George W. an idiot for invading Iraq without the support of
> >>the United Nations. Does that make one of them a traitor?
> >

> > Any credible quotes there MR Laura Bush aka transvestite ?
>
> What he said in the french magazine "L'Equipe" :
>
> "Je ne suis pas un fan de la guerre, mais je ne suis pas non plus un fan d'un dictateur comme
> Saddam Hussein et évidemment pas de toute forme de terrorisme. Pourtant, je pense que ce serait
> une erreur d'y aller sans le support des Nations unies et de l'Europe."
>
> "I am not a fan of the war, but I am not either a fan of a dictator like Saddam Hussein and
> obviously not of any form of terrorism. However, I
think

"FauxPrez" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Fact: Lance Armstrong is a *BIG* GWB admirer...an extreme W-phile...just an all-around W-suck-up.
>
> Fact: All good God-fearing, flag-waving, patriotic, True Americans are now supposed to hate and
> despise any and everything related in any way to France and the French...those goddamn
> cheese-eating surrender monkeys!!!
>
> So: HOW can Lance Armstrong justify participating in this year's "Tour de Freedom?" Doesn't that
> make him an unpatriotic, traitorous, America-hater?
>
> http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2001/08/20010803-5.html

http://www.lancearmstrong.com/lance/online2.nsf/docs/0DB19B1C0FFF220386256B3 00070F8CC

I always thought that true Americans could think independently? Isn't that the true spirit of
America? Freedom of speech including sincere criticism?

"Nick Burns" <[email protected]> wrote in news:Fa%[email protected]:
> I always thought that true Americans could think independently? Isn't that the true spirit of
> America? Freedom of speech including sincere criticism?

No longer true. The Department of Homeland Security has rescended the Bill of Rights.

James, Don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel. Freedom of speech is a wonderful thing.

"James Hall" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> detained the moment he steps back on americaaaaan soil, and then he should have a bicycle tire
> pump shoved so far up his ass the he whistles dixie when he breathes.
>

> JHall.
>
> "emmanuel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Shaun <[email protected]> wrote in news:cmd8hv4c12gncok15kbogi58asn5jqncni@ 4ax.com:

> > > Any credible quotes there MR Laura Bush aka transvestite ?
> >
> > What he said in the french magazine "L'Equipe" :
> >
> > "Je ne suis pas un fan de la guerre, mais je ne suis pas non plus un fan d'un dictateur comme
> > Saddam Hussein et évidemment pas de toute forme de terrorisme. Pourtant, je pense que ce serait
> > une erreur d'y aller sans
le
> > support des Nations unies et de l'Europe."
> >
> > "I am not a fan of the war, but I am not either a fan of a dictator like Saddam Hussein and
> > obviously not of any form of terrorism. However, I
> think
> > that it would be an error to go there without the support of the United Nations and Europe"

Nick Burns <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:Fa%[email protected]...

> "FauxPrez" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > Fact: Lance Armstrong is a *BIG* GWB admirer...an extreme W-phile...just an all-around
> > W-suck-up.
> >
> > Fact: All good God-fearing, flag-waving, patriotic, True Americans are now supposed to hate and
> > despise any and everything related in any way to France and the French...those goddamn
> > cheese-eating surrender monkeys!!!
> >
> > So: HOW can Lance Armstrong justify participating in this year's "Tour de Freedom?" Doesn't that
> > make him an unpatriotic, traitorous, America-hater?
> >
> > http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2001/08/20010803-5.html

http://www.lancearmstrong.com/lance/online2.nsf/docs/0DB19B1C0FFF220386256B3
> 00070F8CC
>

> I always thought that true Americans could think independently? Isn't that the true spirit of
> America? Freedom of speech including sincere criticism?

That's the America of old. Things aren't done that way anymore. If you don't support the
administrations every action, you are 'against us'.

Freedom of expression is ok as long as it only waving the flag and regurgitating the party line.
---
DFM

Scribe2b wrote:

> >what is a true american anyway? is a bush foreign-policies follower a true american?
>
> GWB is osama's manchurian candidate. he's overeacted to 9-11 in every way terrorists
> needed him to.
>
> soon the 1990's will be recalled as the "Second Golden nineties." No war no deficit

What kind of PC BS is that!? The 1890's were known for almost a century as "The GAY Nineties". It is
not unlikely that the 1990's would have been remembered as the second "Gay Nineties" regardless of
war or deficits, of which there were both.

(Gulf I, Bosnia, Kosovo, WTC I/African Embassies/Khobar Towers/USS Cole and $1.5 trillion)

[email protected] (FauxPrez) writes:

> Fact: Lance Armstrong is a *BIG* GWB admirer...an extreme W-phile...just an all-around W-suck-up.
>
> Fact: All good God-fearing, flag-waving, patriotic, True Americans are now supposed to hate and
> despise any and everything related in any way to France and the French...those goddamn
> cheese-eating surrender monkeys!!!
>
> So: HOW can Lance Armstrong justify participating in this year's "Tour de Freedom?" Doesn't that
> make him an unpatriotic, traitorous, America-hater?
>
> http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2001/08/20010803-5.html
> http://www.lancearmstrong.com/lance/online2.nsf/docs/0DB19B1C0FFF220386256B300070F8CC

I'm really diggin' this crosspost.

-Gerard

Chris Phillipo wrote:

>>What he said in the french magazine "L'Equipe" :
>>
>>"Je ne suis pas un fan de la guerre, mais je ne suis pas non plus un fan d'un dictateur comme
>>Saddam Hussein et évidemment pas de toute forme de terrorisme. Pourtant, je pense que ce serait
>>une erreur d'y aller sans le support des Nations unies et de l'Europe."
>>
>>"I am not a fan of the war, but I am not either a fan of a dictator like Saddam Hussein and
>>obviously not of any form of terrorism. However, I think that it would be an error to go there
>>without the support of the United Nations and Europe"
>>

> How many years had he lived in Europe now? Some of that Euro-patriotism must have rubbed off by
> now, I would think.

His attitude strikes me as being in line with the majority of Americans. There are probably no
recent polls to verify this, but at least one poll shortly before the war clearly reflected it.

He is SO right, as is being shown abundantly by events in Iraq.

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 16:01:33 +0200, Poul Erik wrote:
>No way, Piil will win in that situation 9 times out of 10.

I guess you're right, Sacchi himself on CN about Piil: "I knew he was a better sprinter than I."

FauxPrez wrote:

> <a bunch of anti-bush ****>

I didn't vote for him and had a hard time taking him seriously with his speech impediment. But when
some total retard hates him it makes me think I should give Bushy another chance/look. It's sort of
analogous to Kunich hating Gore. I mean, if Kunich hates him, can he be all that bad?

"Joseph Cipale" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message news:[email protected]...
> J999w wrote:
> >
> > Took me three replies to figure out what the heck you meant by GWB.
> >
> > jw
>
> That is okay, it takes GWB about 5 to figure out what that means. Great White Burger? Grand White
> Boardwalk? Good When Baked? Gigantic Water Balloons (aka Weapons of Mass Destruction...) Oh!
> George Walker Bush... 'Hey! That's me!'

More lasting as an American - the George Washington Bridge ?

In article <[email protected]>, Precious Pup <[email protected]> wrote: } }
}FauxPrez wrote: }> }> <a bunch of anti-bush ****> } }I didn't vote for him and had a hard time
taking him seriously with his speech } impediment. But when some }total retard hates him it makes me
think I should give Bushy another } chance/look. It's sort of analogous to }Kunich hating Gore. I
mean, if Kunich hates him, can he be all that bad?

Who is Kunich?

----
"This administration has had a faith-based intelligence attitude .. 'We know the answers - give us
the intelligence to support those answers.'"
- Gregory Thielmann, who served as a director in the state department's bureau of intelligence until
his retirement in September 2002, and who had access to the classified reports which formed the
basis for the U.S. case against Saddam, spelled out by pResident Bush and his minions.