LANCE ARMSTRONG: When Will YOU Admit Cheating?

Kyle Schwitters

Guest
With BJARNE RIIS's admission that he used dope to win the1996 Tour de
France, isn't it WAY past time that Armstrong admitted:

1) Yes, he, too, used performance-enhancing drugs to win those 7
TDFs.

2) The made-up bogus story about overcoming, near-death, grave multi-
CANCERS, of which no one else has come forth to claim survival.

FACE IT deluded sports fans, America's obsession with celebrity and
"heros" is and has always been behind this "legend."

-----------------
"'96 Tour de France Winner Riis Admits Using EPO, Other Drugs"

The Washington Post
Sports
Saturday, May 26, 2007; E02

Bjarne Riis became the first Tour de France winner to admit using
performance-enhancing drugs to win the sport's premier race, further
eroding cycling's credibility after a series of doping confessions.

His admission yesterday means the top three finishers in the 1996 Tour
all have been linked to doping -- and two have admitted cheating.

The retired Dane said he used the blood-booster EPO from 1993 to 1998,
including during his 1996 Tour victory, confirming years of
speculation that he benefited from banned substances. He also admitted
taking cortisone and human growth hormone, but didn't say when.

"I have taken doping. I have taken EPO," Riis said at a televised news
conference. "I have made errors and I would like to apologize."

EPO -- or erythropoietin -- is a synthetic hormone that stimulates the
production of oxygen-carrying red blood cells.

Riis said he no longer considered himself a worthy winner of the Tour,
and indicated he would be willing to give back the title.

"My jersey is at home in a cardboard box," said Riis, now manager of
the Danish team CSC. "They are welcome to come and get it. I have my
memories for myself."

Cycling's governing body said even though time limits for sanctioning
Riis have expired, it "urges the former rider to return his yellow
jersey, the symbol of his victory."

Tour director Christian Prudhomme used even stronger words: "Bjarne
Riis said himself that he did not deserve to have won the Tour in 1996
because he cheated. I think the same thing, because he has soiled the
yellow jersey," Prudhomme told the Associated Press when reached by
telephone. "Seeing as he did not deserve to win, does he deserve to
lead a major cycling team?"

-- From News Services

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/05/25/AR2007052500647.html

On May 26, 7:53 am, Kyle Schwitters <[email protected]> wrote:
> With BJARNE RIIS's admission that he used dope to win the1996 Tour de
> France, isn't it WAY past time that Armstrong admitted:
>
> 1) Yes, he, too, used performance-enhancing drugs to win those 7
> TDFs.
>
> 2) The made-up bogus story about overcoming, near-death, grave multi-
> CANCERS, of which no one else has come forth to claim survival.
>
> FACE IT deluded sports fans, America's obsession with celebrity and
> "heros" is and has always been behind this "legend."

Riiiiight. Elective brain surgery and orchidectomy. Of course, it's
obvious, now that you've said it. Testicular cancer as a cry for
help.

Will the POTM moderator accept the OP's post as the inaugural entry in
a new POTM classification?
I'm thinking a classification something like: POTM - From Inside Your
Own Asshole.
POTM-FIYOA

On 26 May, 14:30, RicodJour <[email protected]> wrote:
> On May 26, 7:53 am, Kyle Schwitters <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > With BJARNE RIIS's admission that he used dope to win the1996 Tour de
> > France, isn't it WAY past time that Armstrong admitted:

> > 1) Yes, he, too, used performance-enhancing drugs to win those 7
> > TDFs.

> > 2) The made-up bogus story about overcoming, near-death, grave multi-
> > CANCERS, of which no one else has come forth to claim survival.

> > FACE IT deluded sports fans, America's obsession with celebrity and
> > "heros" is and has always been behind this "legend."

> Riiiiight. Elective brain surgery and orchidectomy. Of course, it's
> obvious, now that you've said it. Testicular cancer as a cry for
> help.
>
> Will the POTM moderator accept the OP's post as the inaugural entry in
> a new POTM classification?
> I'm thinking a classification something like: POTM - From Inside Your
> Own Asshole.
> POTM-FIYOA

but they all use drugs, so its a fair race.

On May 26, 6:53 am, Kyle Schwitters <[email protected]> wrote:
> With BJARNE RIIS's admission that he used dope to win the1996 Tour de
> France, isn't it WAY past time that Armstrong admitted:
>
> 1) Yes, he, too, used performance-enhancing drugs to win those 7
> TDFs.
>
> 2) The made-up bogus story about overcoming, near-death, grave multi-
> CANCERS, of which no one else has come forth to claim survival.

In re #1- Apparently you've decided that since both were TdF champions
and Riis cheated then Armstrong *must* have also cheated. Following
that "logic", we need to rewrite the Socratic dialectic:
All men are mortal.
Your mother is mortal.
Your mother is a man.
Do you see any problem with your logic yet? :)

In re #2- You're an idiot.

Regards,
Bob Hunt

Kyle Schwitters wrote:
> With BJARNE RIIS's admission that he used dope to win the1996 Tour de
> France, isn't it WAY past time that Armstrong admitted:

He doesn't have to admit it, he chated, full stop. The urine test is
there to prove it.