Lance Armstrong wins #7?

Sure. Every single weekend many cyclists win bike races organically. These are not top professionals, these are fun loving amateur athletes.

We were speaking of grand tours and rigorous World Cup racing. In this context, no victories are 'clean'

I've been through this all before.

Do you believe anyone can win a 21 day stage race, which includes proven World Champion anemia dopers, and still prevail to win without drugs?

We can see that you are confused, but why are you so bitter? You seem to hate every cyclist everywhere. If so, why bother arguing about it? The funniest thing is you use the term "we" as in "we already knew that", implying that multiple people agree with you. Guess what, its just you and your shaky theories.

Oh and I asked about your background, which you didnt answer, because you seem to think you understand everything about science and medicine, which you DO NOT. I suppose you think vitamins and water are performance enhancing too.

Flyer said:
Sure. Every single weekend many cyclists win bike races organically. These are not top professionals, these are fun loving amateur athletes.

We were speaking of grand tours and rigorous World Cup racing. In this context, no victories are 'clean'

I've been through this all before.

Do you believe anyone can win a 21 day stage race, which includes proven World Champion anemia dopers, and still prevail to win without drugs?
You simply doubt because you cant understand how they are that good, but some people are just that....good. Track and field is a great example: Say you are a 4 minute miler, you might think you are a damn good runner, but then you watch Bekele run the 5k and run basically 3 consecutive 4 min miles, and kick the final 200. The first reaction is to shout cheater. That is all you do. The fact is that bekele isnt any sort of doper, and your own insecurities are all that drive your suspicion.

100 year tradition of doping in the TDF. A 130 year history of doping in pro cycling.

500,000 children using illegal steroids in the USA.

Corporations using drugged athletes as salesmen for products & services.

The Corinthian concept of sport destroyed at the top level. Still thriving at the local level.

Not bitter whatsoever, just annoyed by folks who offer up only name calling and meanspiritedness in leiu of any compassion for a major fruad and public health scandal. The truth is impossible to debate--so rock throwing is the only avenue for the frustrated.

We, that is the growing group of realty based fans, are amazed by the tremendous and misguided folly that is the commercial theme believers. (at least 40% of the LA doping post still believe LA is drugged)

Francesco Moser and Greg Lemond weep for you.

I pity you.

btw: no Phd---although my vascular surgeon friend assures me that my knowledge of PEDs is greater that 90% of US physicians.

Even a vet knows more than a Phd---unless he should work with Lance's doctor Mechele Ferrari.

My advice would be to stay focused on the goal Flyer ... education, and shy away from these one on one verbal attacks which only serve to shift the focus from "doping in cycling" and onto personal "anti-Flyer" flames. Present the information, facts, ongoing investigations world-wide and ignore the name calling flamers. Let the public who read these forms decide for themselves if what your saying makes sense and jives with what they see and read on the sports/news services.

Question: Why is it that our young cycling athletes have such a tough go it racing over in Europe? Is our coaching so far behind that which is available to the young Spanish, Italians, Germans or perhaps our athletes just not driven enough to make the elite European professional ranks? :D

fallensparrow :)

fallensparrow said:
My advice would be to stay focused on the goal Flyer ... education, and shy away from these one on one verbal attacks which only serve to shift the focus from "doping in cycling" and onto personal "anti-Flyer" flames. Present the information, facts, ongoing investigations world-wide and ignore the name calling flamers. Let the public who read these forms decide for themselves if what your saying makes sense and jives with what they see and read on the sports/news services.

Question: Why is it that our young cycling athletes have such a tough go it racing over in Europe? Is our coaching so far behind that which is available to the young Spanish, Italians, Germans or perhaps our athletes just not driven enough to make the elite European professional ranks? :D

fallensparrow :)
Yes. Very sorry.

Insofar as American Football the USA is tops at producing linemen at 300 lbs and above by age 20.
Probably due to it specialization and restricted marketplace. The college lineman athlete then morphs to 350-360 by the NFL, and age 25.

Other sports, more international in acceptance such as; basketball, track & field, baseball seems to be more open as far as other countires being able to use the anabolic methods as well or better than in the US.

Cycling is a very small sport in the USA and while we do have great athletes here, we are not as deep with the doping culture as they are in Italy, for example.

I have two friends who went off the Italy to race at ages 18 & 21. They returned demoralized. They failed becasue they refused to dope the degree that was expected. These guys are super strong and talented. Clever and crafty, solid on both the road & track. Can time trial, pursuit and climb. One is an exceptional sprinter, the other a better TTer.

It was the doping that defeated them, not the cycling.

As with LA Junior team in 1990, only the select 'A' group was subject to injections.

It takes a lot of nerve to dope teenagers.