Lance Armstrong Won't Fight Usada Charges

Originally Posted by Busch .

Lance lawyers are going to be so bored trying this one they are going to be playing paper football in the courtroom.
Ancillary benefit to this exercise is that it will continue to drain Armstrong's bank account. That's an undeniable win for the good guys, and furthers the notion that "cheaters should NEVER prosper".

Originally Posted by alienator .

Interesting strategy, isn't it?

I'd be willing to bet that the largest windfall in all of sports was not done courtesy of any cycling team.

It's interesting that people get their panties knotted over the DoJ doing their jobs.
Indeed.

Armstrong whingers are an odd bunch.
They scream and bellyache alleging about procedures "not being followed" but when procedures are being followed, they still bellyache!

Our friend his having another hissy fit/img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif

Lance lawyers are going to be so bored trying this one they are going to be playing paper football in the courtroom.
Me thinks he'll be making his debut in a court room witness box

Originally Posted by tonyzackery .

Ancillary benefit to this exercise is that it will continue to drain Armstrong's bank account. That's an undeniable win for the good guys, and furthers the notion that "cheaters should NEVER prosper".
I have heard numbers between $218M and $110M. At a very conservative estimate of 5% capital gain he is making between $5m and $10m a year. he can pay for this law suit and still be blowing $300K a month and never touch the principle. I see millions for a book, movie.......

While it is not fair that he retains this money I dont see anyone getting it either!

Just keeping it real!

Originally Posted by limerickman .

Me thinks he'll be making his debut in a court room witness box
I dont think so, at least not on this case. Alienator and Slov both agree that he can not be called to testify against himself and they are right.

The really odd thing is the DOJ needs someone to indict in Lance's inner circle so they can put Lance under oath. Bruyneel seems like the most likely candidate but I doubt Belgium cares that he was involved and even if the did go after Bryneel I am pretty sure they can subpoena Lance for a Belgium court.

The odd thing is that everybody has come clean and there is no one to In addition, since they have filed the lawsuit against the owners of Tailwind collectively I dont think they can them to testify against one another.

Something I just learned is that the DOJ had a dead line of yesterday forcing their hand to join the whistleblower suit but did not have a decision on whether to join or not. I think the safe decision was made to meet the deadline... they can always back out later.

Originally Posted by limerickman .

Indeed.

Armstrong whingers are an odd bunch.
They scream and bellyache alleging about procedures "not being followed" but when procedures are being followed, they still bellyache!

Our friend his having another hissy fit/img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif
Uh we kind of need to be watching our credit card balance these days LIm. We cant go chasing men in tights on bikes for cheating like the entire sport was at a French bike race.
http://www.usdebtclock.org

You know what I mean????
http://www.debtclock.ie

Oh and by the way we do have a real drug problem in this country that the DOJ could be spending some additional time on!

MAybe we should prioritize a little, huh!

dhk2 said:
Here's a new article from Reuters laying out some history and facts about "whistle-blower" suits.  Interesting the law allowing them, and giving a share to the whistle-blower if the suit is successfu goes back to 1863, civil war era.    http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-sports/20130124/US-USA-ARMSTRONG-LAWSUIT/
Yes, interesting, save for the claims about what USPS made off the sponsorship. What Armstrong's lawyers said has to be taken with a grain of salt, at best. If the suit nets money for the USPS, so much the better as USPS can use all the money it can get right now, even if it's dirty money from the Armstrong/Tailwind cabal.

limerickman said:
Armstrong whingers are an odd bunch. They scream and bellyache alleging about procedures "not being followed" but when procedures are being followed, they still bellyache! Our friend his having another hissy fit/img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif
Yup. First it's all about how Armstrong is being persecuted and given comically named "death penalties" (It's funny no one ever says that in large part, college sports are a death penalty for the education of an athlete.). Then that's followed by whinging about the DoJ and how they should be prosecuting real criminals. Uh-huh. Granted, it's got to be tough on the Armstrong whingers. After all he's been officially outed as a cheat, liar, bully, and fraud; he's won no Tours de France; he's not the greatest American cyclist; he's not the altruistic philanthropist; and he's been promoted to has-been status. Oh, then there's that whole thing with lying to his family, dumping a load of **** in their lives, and becoming the perfect example of a lousy parent.

I have heard numbers between $218M and $110M. At a very conservative estimate of 5% capital gain he is making between $5m and $10m a year. he can pay for this law suit and still be blowing $300K a month and never touch the principle. I see millions for a book, movie.......

While it is not fair that he retains this money I dont see anyone getting it either!

Just keeping it real!
I'm sorry you're not following the logic. Regardless of the starting point, the attorney's fees he will have to pay to on numerous battlefronts lessen that number. The longer the battles carry on, the better.
Heck, he should consider putting you on the payroll for the interference you're running for him in here./img/vbsmilies/smilies/wink.gif

vspa said:
and i think he could had, at least 1 or 2 tdf's....
Maybe, maybe not. Instead, he won no TdF's. He did, however, successfully become the cycling world's and sporting world's bête noire, and he will have to live down going on Oprah twice.

Originally Posted by vspa .

and i think he could had, at least 1 or 2 tdf's,
and that would be a story, the guy who survives advanced cancer and then wins the tour de france clean ! (in the era of undetected doping methods),
Armstrong's greed won instead
Not so sure. Even he stated he could not have won a single one clean.

alienator said:
Yup. First it's all about how Armstrong is being persecuted and given comically named "death penalties" (It's funny no one ever says that in large part, college sports are a death penalty for the education of an athlete.). Then that's followed by whinging about the DoJ and how they should be prosecuting real criminals. Uh-huh. Granted, it's got to be tough on the Armstrong whingers. After all he's been officially outed as a cheat, liar, bully, and fraud; he's won no Tours de France; he's not the greatest American cyclist; he's not the altruistic philanthropist; and he's been promoted to has-been status. Oh, then there's that whole thing with lying to his family, dumping a load of **** in their lives, and becoming the perfect example of a lousy parent.
Spot on!

Busch said:
Uh we kind of need to be watching our credit card balance these days LIm.  We cant go chasing men in tights on bikes for cheating like the entire sport was at a French bike race. http://www.usdebtclock.org You know what I mean???? http://www.debtclock.ie Oh and by the way we do have a real drug problem in this country that the DOJ could be spending some additional time on!   MAybe we should prioritize a little, huh!
What a Busch-league argument.

lance_armstrong said:
What a Busch-league argument.
Yup. What a leap. First, the Lone Nut was being singled out and unfairly persecuted, and now he shouldn't face legal consequences because of the national debt? Wow. Anyone else smell the red herring?

This is a civil suit were talking about not a criminal proceeding. He will be called to testify.

jhuskey said:
This is a civil suit were talking about not a criminal proceeding. He will be called to testify.
And as a civil suit the burden of proof isn't tough like in a criminal trial, n'est-ce pas? I think things are headed down the road that Armstrong and his posse wanted to avoid.

Uh we kind of need to be watching our credit card balance these days LIm. We cant go chasing men in tights on bikes for cheating like the entire sport was at a French bike race.
http://www.usdebtclock.org

You know what I mean????
http://www.debtclock.ie

Oh and by the way we do have a real drug problem in this country that the DOJ could be spending some additional time on!

MAybe we should prioritize a little, huh!
If citizens are ripping off State owned agencies, then they need to be apprehended.
The American government agency - US Postal - has been ripped off by an American citizen.

The DOJ have to pursue this matter, my mono themed friend.

Originally Posted by alienator .

Yup. What a leap. First, the Lone Nut was being singled out and unfairly persecuted, and now he shouldn't face legal consequences because of the national debt? Wow. Anyone else smell the red herring?
I suspect that Busch is a multi from 2005/206 era.

His/her post reminds me of someone from that era here on Cycling Forum.