Lance Armstrong Won't Fight Usada Charges

Originally Posted by Busch .

The best cheat is the biggest cheat doesn't wash with me. Jan probably does not have the character flaws LA does but he and Riis and the rest are just as guilty. Riis was a cheat and motivated young riders to dope. He got off with out so much as a slap on the wrist.

You guys hate Lance so much you are willing to live without truth to extract your pound of flesh. The UCI and USADA jurisdiction don't cover immoral acts with charities...... or do they?

It is obvious that Tygart hates his guts and you really can't stand objectively with that level of personal emotion invested.

It is one law for all, not one law for the guys you like and another for the guys you don't!
The fact is that none of us here to my knowledge are the law or the enforcement. So why are you directing your frustration toward people who have no control of the situation with Armstrong or any others?

Originally Posted by CAMPYBOB .

Busch is correct. He states the obvious.

Busch is correct. He states the obvious.
He might actually have a point if someone here was defending the riders that he cites in his posts.

The fact that no one here is doing so appears to by pass him - and you.

Originally Posted by limerickman .

He might actually have a point if someone here was defending the riders that he cites in his posts.

The fact that no one here is doing so appears to by pass him - and you.
You defend them by supporting much harsher punishment for LA!!! Within the sport Riis was no different outside of a few nasty phone calls. Then again he was a director influencing an entire team of young riders with his TDF legacy that was a falsehood. To date, even after admission of guilt, no action has been taken against Riis.

You good with that????

I don't read posts here attempting to defend Riis or Ullrich or Pantani or Jalabert.

I read a lot of drivel here from the likes of you attempting to defend Armstrong even after your man publicly makes a confession on one of the biggest syndicated shows in your country.
Of course you're entitled to try to defend the indefensible, but don't be surprised that what you post gets ridiculed.
Lim - If I postulated that ****** was not exactly a stand up guy you would jump in on the other side of the argument.

Lim - If I postulated that ****** was not exactly a stand up guy you would jump in on the other side of the argument.
I'd only take the opportunity to point out to you that no one here has attempted to defend ******.

Originally Posted by sitzmark .

The stink of all this is probably far deeper than the individuals involved. Leadership comes with some unpleasant stuff sometimes - even company presidents get told what to say and how they are going to say it. White lies spin out of control and trying to keep something this involved becomes exponentially more difficult as people with different vested interests work harder and harder to dig up the dirt. As has happened, once a few high-profile individuals cracked the door, it not only tarnished their brand, but also the team, the sponsorship, etc. Much to lose for everyone - including UCI which basically turned a blind eye while cycling benefited greatly from the notoriety of LA's TdF dominance.

Lance had a powerful and politically connected enemy in Bob Hamman (SCA Promotions), who's only hope of getting back his $7.5mil was to totally discredit and out LA. A war of power and connections and one where nice guys get eaten for lunch. As a team leader and cycling superstar, Jan likely carried many of the same burdens as it related to protecting the team, team sponsors, the sport, etc. His public persona isn't as cutthroat as LA's, but you never know.
Well said!
I dont think Jan was a cut throat as Lance but then again he never beat Lance either. It just goes to show what it took to win back then. You had to be a maniacal and ruthless doper to win. Lance is paying for the sins of many!!!!

There is not one set of laws for someone who we think is a **** and another set of laws for someone that seems to be a good guy. If that were the case there are several on this site that would be doing hard time.

You'll be able to supply a link to support this accusation?
Are you saying you don't agree with the punishment Lance received or are you agreeing with the fact that Riis, Jan, Panatani..... need a life time ban, stripped of all titles with a statement from the head of the UCI that they all need to be forgotten?

Which is it?

What you do seem to understand is that by not applying the laws uniformly cause of the the dislike for one individual it is cycling that gets screwed!

Are you saying you don't agree with the punishment Lance received or are you agreeing with the fact that Riis, Jan, Panatani..... need a life time ban, stripped of all titles with a statement from the head of the UCI that they all need to be forgotten?

Which is it?

What you do seem to understand is that by not applying the laws uniformly cause of the the dislike for one individual it is cycling that gets screwed!
You made an assertion earlier about me.

I'd like you to supply a link to support the assertion that you made, please.

I would point out that it is still ongoing for Jan. He has received a couple of bans that effectively ended his cycling career and still may be sancioned further. I would also point out that if ****** had died or stepped down in 1937 he may been hailed a hero of Germany.
Maybe Lance should have stayed retired.

Originally Posted by jhuskey .

I would point out that it is still ongoing for Jan. He has received a couple of bans that effectively ended his cycling career and still may be sancioned further. I would also point out that if ****** had died or stepped down in 1937 he may been hailed a hero of Germany.
Maybe Lance should have stayed retired.
They say timing is everything.

http://www.mymodernmet.com/profiles/blogs/whose-cuisine-reigns-supreme

"Person of the Year (formerly Man of the Year) is an annual issue of the United States newsmagazine Time that features and profiles a person, group, idea or object that "[COLOR= rgb(255, 0, 0)]for better or for worse, ...has done the most to influence the events of the year.[/COLOR]"[1]"

Duh.

Iran's Da Ayatollah of rocknrollah also made da list. So did 'the computer'. Stalin made it twice.

Go figure...

"Person of the Year (formerly Man of the Year) is an annual issue of the United States newsmagazine Time that features and profiles a person, group, idea or object that "[COLOR= rgb(255, 0, 0)]for better or for worse, ...has done the most to influence the events of the year.[/COLOR]"[1]"

Duh.

Iran's Da Ayatollah of rocknrollah also made da list. So did 'the computer'. Stalin made it twice.

Go figure...
Jealous!

Lance wins!

He also won anti-sportsman of the year! He just can't lose, no matter what he attempts!

"Jealous!"

Only of the money, fame and power! Oh...and the babes! I'm pretty sure Mao had a major good time with all the hookers & blow!

"[COLOR= rgb(24, 24, 24)]Jealous!"[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(24, 24, 24)]Only of the money, fame and power! Oh...and the babes! I'm pretty sure Mao had a major good time with all the hookers & blow![/COLOR]
Fame is fleeting, money is only wealth and what good is power if you can't abuse it?

Duh.

Go figure...
Look at the date of the magazine cover that was posted.

"oh, but how come Pantani/Ullrich/Riis/insert another riders name never got sanctioned like poor Lancey-poos?' What a petulant, juvenile, idiotic argument. Now Godwins Law is coming into play. Can you please kill this thread Lim?

Originally Posted by classic1 .

"oh, but how come Pantani/Ullrich/Riis/insert another riders name never got sanctioned like poor Lancey-poos?' What a petulant, juvenile, idiotic argument. Now Godwins Law is coming into play. Can you please kill this thread Lim?
I know you meant it as a smart-ass comment, but as a note I think Pantani got the harshest sanction of them all.

Lance and Jan may get the ban-hammer, but they're alive to complain about it to their children.