Lance Armstrong Won't Fight Usada Charges

Wave good-bye to Oakley, Lance. McQuaid just opened the exit for them. Now, how long until the first law suit against Armstrong to recoup sponsorship money or to have civil judgements reversed? http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/uci-confirms-lance-armstrongs-life-ban

So...any takers on the confession pool?

Paddy & Heinnie are still going after Kimmage? Huh. The Fairness Fund must be worth plundering by now.

The best news is that riders of some means can still 'donate' to the UCI! Awesome! I got a crate of Motorola centrifuges I need to unload for a tax deduction!

Originally Posted by CAMPYBOB .

So...any takers on the confession pool?

Paddy & Heinnie are still going after Kimmage? Huh. The Fairness Fund must be worth plundering by now.

The best news is that riders of some means can still 'donate' to the UCI! Awesome! I got a crate of Motorola centrifuges I need to unload for a tax deduction!
Pat and Hein better hope that the Uniballer stays schtum about alleged UCI bribes.

I wonder who the Uniballer hates more right now? /img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif

Funny, LA quoted Martin Luther King the other day, and today McQuaid quotes J.F. Kennedy.... LMAO!!!!

Walsh is on radio now.

Click on listen live link here http://www.rte.ie/radio1/

If McQuaid is really interested in cleaning up the sport, why didn't he follow up matters with Andreu, Landis and Hamilton when they offered to talk to the UCI, per Walsh.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/olympics-fourth-place-medal/scottish-bookstore-shelves-lance-armstrong-bio-fiction-213336327--oly.html

Originally Posted by limerickman .

Walsh is on radio now.

Click on listen live link here http://www.rte.ie/radio1/

If McQuaid is really interested in cleaning up the sport, why didn't he follow up matters with Andreu, Landis and Hamilton when they offered to talk to the UCI, per Walsh.
Even with his condition Armstrong has more balls than McQuaid. It's all about the money, always has been . We discussed this on this forum yeas ago. I am not disappointed since I didn't expect much.

Lim, I'm ranking your hate right up there with Paddy's and Paul's. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/duck.gif

It's Not About The Bike...Seriously, It's The Drugs!

Every Second Counts...When The Tester Is At Your Door!

I noted the comment yesterday

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/armstrongs-2001-sample-was-suspect-but-not-positive-says-head-of-lausanne-lab

Did he dope? Well the report says he did. He says he didn't. Tyler Hamilton and "It must have been the beer I had" boy say he did. Greg Lemond says he did and Greg Lemond is a throughly nice chap (so he must know).

The head of a lab who tested him says he didn't but a bunch of ex dopers +GLM say he did.

Who knows?
Who cares?

Me I have in fact been converted I believe he did along with all the other riders including those who claim that they in fact flew up the hills on the wings of doves. Unlike some of them he just wasn't a very nice person and is now a super crim.

Originally Posted by CAMPYBOB .

Lim, I'm ranking your hate right up there with Paddy's and Paul's. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/duck.gif

It's Not About The Bike...Seriously, It's The Drugs!

Every Second Counts...When The Tester Is At Your Door!

This is going to end up in a real mess.
The UCI will try to pull up the drawbridge and it's everyone for themselves at this stage.

Yes, and I don't see a whole lot changing over this. It's Festina Ver. 2.0. Floyd Ver. 1.3. Contadope Ver. 1.1. If anything, doping goes deep underground. No friends. No gifts. No pics of the fridge. Ya can't get the TV ratings up unless Froome is screaming at Burnsides to get his ass over the hill there's something awesome to blow Dancing Widdy Da Starz off the screen.

limerickman said:
This is going to end up in a real mess. The UCI will try to pull up the drawbridge and it's everyone for themselves at this stage.
Note that McQuaid said he didn't accept the stuff in the USADA report about the evidence of Armstrong doping in 2009 and 2010.

Originally Posted by alienator .

Note that McQuaid said he didn't accept the stuff in the USADA report about the evidence of Armstrong doping in 2009 and 2010.
Do we know the reasoning behind that?

Its definitely becoming a fine old pickleacious one.

Why can't they all get their sh*t together and decide once and for all that they're going to clean up things properly - not leave dangling snippets and doubts. Demonstrate to Rabobank and other corporations who are considering exit that things have changed.

Whether or not I believe that LA is guilty or not I cannot avoid the fact that a verdict has been cast and it has been accepted by the majority. In that event one has to move on to fighting battles that one can attempt to win and at least try to limit overall damage to the sport from this point forward through loss of sponsors etc.

The question is did McQuaid voluntarily make the speech or was he pushed?

Originally Posted by alienator .

A good point.

Unt Oakleys gorn now as well? Clearly LA is having a difficult fortnight - his fornightus horribilis.