Lance Armstrong Won't Fight Usada Charges

Originally Posted by danfoz .

Prize money is one thing. But I'm not sure how I feel about sponsors wanting their money back. It sounds a bit like eating your cake and having it too, after all haven't they already received the return on their investment by selling x number of sneakers, bikes, cellular accounts, etc.?
Maybe Lance will countersue the UCI--for breach of contract. They didn't provide a competitive environment in which he felt he could compete without using dope like everyone else was.

Prize money is one thing. But I'm not sure how I feel about sponsors wanting their money back. It sounds a bit like eating your cake and having it too, after all haven't they already received the return on their investment by selling x number of sneakers, bikes, cellular accounts, etc.?
I presume commercial endorsement contracts contain a clause to the effect that if caught doping the contract is null and void and that any consideration under that contract has been earned by cheating?

I guess the lawyers are gonna have a field day either way.

in some measure i agree. their sponsorship money did see a return in that his promotion garnered some sales for them. the question will always be the wording of the contract clause. if their deals were/are contingent on his assertion that he is not cheating, then they may have legal recourse to get their money back and keep the profits the past association generated which was based on his "clean" reputation. could get interesting.

and what ever happened to pat's uci anti-doping charter?

Originally Posted by jpr95 .

Maybe Lance will countersue the UCI--for breach of contract. They didn't provide a competitive environment in which he felt he could compete without using dope like everyone else was.
laughable. you have created a list of choices available to armstrong in which he could only choose to dope in order to compete. he might have chosen to ride clean. he might have chosen to speak out then and there about the doping in the sport. he might have chosen to do a good many other things in that situation. he did choose to hire ferrari, stick a needle in his flesh, and did his dead level best to keep his activities and associations as deeply in the dark as he could. i hope he decides to take on uci, if only for the entertainment of watching rats fighting rats.

Originally Posted by steve .

Serious? I'm thinking tactical; fans = idiots.
Steve, cyclists, as a lot, are morons. Mostly libtard morons. I reserve the Tactical Facepalm for serious breaches of safety and security. For responses to doping, doping allegations and dopes, the triple-facepalm is my preferred meme.

Of course, there are those rare times (say...hamburger doping or any rider with an animal nickname that sneaks into Gran Fondos) where I consider it completely acceptable to break out the Jean Luc P. epic double-facepalm.

The Tactical Segway meme? Only if we get pics of Lance, Floyd and Vaughters naked, on a waterbed, with a tube of K-Y and Amgen wrappers strewn about the room.

Laugh, Lim! From saddle sore to sore asses, this entire sport is frackin' hysterical.

I mean, c'mon...where are you going to find a Three Stooges episode more moronic than a doctor...A DOCTOR!...going all C.I.A. and naming his clients after their...dogs? El Hijo de Rudicio...my sides hurt for a week after first reading the O.P. dope...er...information.

[COLOR= rgb(24, 24, 24)]At this point I will settle for Lance and Floyd getting trashed and beating the **** out of each other while a crowd of stoned Austin libtards try to break up the catfight.[/COLOR]

Originally Posted by CAMPYBOB .

Laugh, Lim! From saddle sore to sore asses, this entire sport is frackin' hysterical.

I mean, c'mon...where are you going to find a Three Stooges episode more moronic than a doctor...A DOCTOR!...going all C.I.A. and naming his clients after their...dogs? El Hijo de Rudicio...my sides hurt for a week after first reading the O.P. dope...er...information.

[COLOR= rgb(24, 24, 24)]At this point I will settle for Lance and Floyd getting trashed and beating the **** out of each other while a crowd of stoned Austin libtards try to break up the catfight.[/COLOR]
You didn't listen to McQuaid's interview this morning that I linked

Here is link again http://www.rte.ie/sport/cycling/2012/1023/342804-mcquaid-defends-uci-attitude/

Originally Posted by slovakguy .

laughable. you have created a list of choices available to armstrong in which he could only choose to dope in order to compete. he might have chosen to ride clean. he might have chosen to speak out then and there about the doping in the sport. he might have chosen to do a good many other things in that situation. he did choose to hire ferrari, stick a needle in his flesh, and did his dead level best to keep his activities and associations as deeply in the dark as he could. i hope he decides to take on uci, if only for the entertainment of watching rats fighting rats.
Glad you (almost) got the joke.

BTW, e e cummings called. He wants his keyboard back.

A nice interview with Greg Lemond at 5th October 2012 when he was over here to support ADD charity.

First 10 mins of the interview is about his upbringing etc.
Final 8 mins of the interview is about doping.

http://media.todayfm.com/listenbacks/popup

(click in to podcasts - The Last Word Show with Matt Cooper - scroll down to Greg LeMond interview 5th October 2012).

several striking things in the mc quaid interview. first is how savvy he is politically. does a fine job at muddying the issues enough to make uci (past and present) seem to be vigilant above and beyond other federations in getting at doping and citing the reasons why they aren't effective at rooting out the doping.

what has me very confused is the steroid test. several times he mentions that the uci were not notified of it being a positive test and then goes on to defend the use of topical creams as being legal because the results analysis showed a corticosteroid of a type which wasn't injectable. i'm sure i didn't hear it clearly enough (would love a transcript of the interview), but it seems like pat knows about the test well enough to state that it was a topical cream.

good marks to the interviewer. he tended to keep on the question despite mc quaid's attempt to just deliver the uci line without becoming a grand inquisitor.

upshot is i still have no confidence in mc quaid as an administrator for the sport going forward.

Reactions: lance_armstrong
Originally Posted by jpr95 .

Glad you (almost) got the joke.

BTW, e e cummings called. He wants his keyboard back.
given your past defense of armstrong, constant use of the phrase witch-hunt, your tea-bagger comments, your belief in the existence of a liberal media/lamestream media, your thoughts that there is a conspiracy threatening the country via the justice department, your probable belief in the birther conspiracy and other items you've posted, one would find it difficult to think you have a sense of humour, except in that strange part of the comedic spectrum where colter and palin exist.

and at least you chose to steal/paraphrase a bit from the president in last night's debate. but his started with the 1980's called and then made a link to romney's understanding of world affairs being stuck in that era. what was a bit of dated humour from the president is even more so in yours.

might i also add that you have been a bit remiss lately in calling the usada's actions a witch-hunt. perhaps you could multi-task your posts and blame the lamestream media for not covering the armstrong witch-hunt because they are too busy not covering the justice department corruption. or you could always just go back to trading tin-foil hat making tips with bobbo.

Originally Posted by slovakguy .

several striking things in the mc quaid interview. first is how savvy he is politically. does a fine job at muddying the issues enough to make uci (past and present) seem to be vigilant above and beyond other federations in getting at doping and citing the reasons why they aren't effective at rooting out the doping.

what has me very confused is the steroid test. several times he mentions that the uci were not notified of it being a positive test and then goes on to defend the use of topical creams as being legal because the results analysis showed a corticosteroid of a type which wasn't injectable. i'm sure i didn't hear it clearly enough (would love a transcript of the interview), but it seems like pat knows about the test well enough to state that it was a topical cream.

good marks to the interviewer. he tended to keep on the question despite mc quaid's attempt to just deliver the uci line without becoming a grand inquisitor.

upshot is i still have no confidence in mc quaid as an administrator for the sport going forward.
Washing his hands of the Dauphine result was one aspect of this interview that is indicative of what McQuaids attitude is,

Calling the riders in to a room after a test showed signs that there may have been doping and saying that they were warned by the UCI was another hand washing attempt. Why call riders in to a room to have a chat? To warn them or to tip them off perhaps?
Call me cynical but I wouldn't be surprised if meeting with the riders was an attempt to tip them off, rather than an attempt to prevent doping.

Five-times Tour de France winner Indurain claims Armstrong is innocent
I've always been an Indurain fan, although I never thought he was beyond helping his TDF chances with a little help from the medicine cabinet. His recent comments concerning Armstrong and the USADA investigation are quite disappointing. It makes me think he might be a bit of an idiot, considering how big the writing is on the wall. Shame on you Big Mig!

Article here. Apologies if this has already been posted:

http://www.independent.ie/sport/other-sports/fivetimes-tour-de-france-winner-indurain-claims-armstrong-is-innocent-3270555.html

The existence of liberal media in the U.S. is well-documented.

I'm not sure what kinds of comments a tea-bagger makes. For the record, I have never attended a Tea Party. Or a tea party, for that matter.

I didn't steal/paraphrase anything from the debate last night--didn't watch it, and hadn't heard the "XX called" phrase in the news coverage of it today.

When did I ever use the term "witch-hunt"? (I suppose I may have, but it's not a term I generally use.) Please provide a post number or numbers to support "constantly".

"Probable belief"? HAHAHA! Grasping at straws...

Re-read my posts--my only defense of Armstrong has been in the face of a lack of (publicly available) evidence. All else was conjecture until the release of the report. All I've seen now is that Lance's biggest crime was that he was the best at keeping his doping hidden and not getting caught. I never ruled out the possibility of him doping, just that the hundreds of inconclusive drug tests tipped the evidence (again, publicly available) in his balance.

Looks like I struck a nerve. Would it make you feel better if I sent you a SHIFT key?

Originally Posted by lance_armstrong .

I've always been an Indurain fan, although I never thought he was beyond helping his TDF chances with a little help from the medicine cabinet.
A very telling bias.