Lance Armstrong Won't Fight Usada Charges

Originally Posted by CAMPYBOB .

"I dont see him facing it until something even greater devastates him."

???

You mean...something like being told you have been diagnosed with late-stage metastatic testicular cancer that had spread to your abdomen, your lungs and your brain? You mean...something like being told by multiple teams of doctors you have less than a 40% chance of surviving that diagnosis?

Or do you mean...something 'serious'?
Something serious!

Like your kid coming home from school all beat up cause he was defending you, or something far worse happens cause you never faced the truth on this or maybe a hundred other things. If you have 5 kids one of them, by the law of averages is going to wind up in bad place. You will always wonder "was I to blame for that, that drug abuse, that alcoholism, that suicide or the fact that he or she wants nothing to do with me".

If your a parent with a kid in trouble the fact that you were sick and cured is nothing.

Oh wait a minute he has a few $100M, that fixes everything.

A close call with death is far from the worst thing that can happen to you.

Originally Posted by tonyzackery .

Ask SCA Promotions whether or not Lance Armstrong extorted millions from them under a totally false pretense.

Regarding the rest of your post - you're entitled to your opinion and opportunity on the soapbox.
LOL JPW kind of put one right done the middle of the fairway dude. What are you ****** about?

"I dont see him facing it until something even greater devastates him."

???

You mean...something like being told you have been diagnosed with late-stage metastatic testicular cancer that had spread to your abdomen, your lungs and your brain? You mean...something like being told by multiple teams of doctors you have less than a 40% chance of surviving that diagnosis?

Or do you mean...something 'serious'?
Hmmmm - it seems he already faced this one and at the time came clean - albeit with a number of witnesses present (the Andreaus, et al...). Funny what a "donation" of few hundred thousand to the Indiana University Hospital could buy you in those days.

Originally Posted by hpearson .

LOL JPW kind of put one right done the middle of the fairway dude. What are you ****** about?
You're hanging onto a pipe dream - let it go.

edit: my apologies for the ostrich metaphor.

[COLOR= black]You are such an Id....t. Your comments make no sense. It is just your mind speculating, as you have no glue anything about cycling’s history. Do you own the bike? Have you ever climb the overpass on the road. I think that you should keep your comments about LA to yourself! [/COLOR]

mmkah said:
[SIZE=10pt][COLOR=000000]You are such an Id....t. Your comments make no sense. It is just your mind speculating, as you have no glue anything about cycling’s history. Do you own the bike? Have you ever climb the overpass on the road. I think that you should keep your comments about LA to yourself![/COLOR][/SIZE]
Who are you talking to? Comments about Armstrong are fair game. He made a boat-load of money while telling big, whopping lies to the public and some of his supporters. He bullied people. He threatened people, and when his panties got knotted, he called women names. He is, in short, the archetypal asshat, a **** stain on cycling's underwear.

Ask SCA Promotions whether or not Lance Armstrong extorted millions from them under a totally false pretense.

Regarding the rest of your post - you're entitled to your opinion and opportunity on the soapbox.
True, and a messy deal. But not really extortion. They signed up to pay that 5 mil bonus knowing Lance is Lance and Cycling is Cycling, then tried to get out of it without any evidence he broke contract (not that he didn't violate the no doping clause, but there wasn't evidence of it at the time). I suspect they wrote the contract with the idea that they could weasel out of that part of it if needed. But then again Lance signed it knowing that he was doping, so all around messy.

As to your second comment, that is true but not why I post. I post to engage in conversation and lively debate. I want people to pose counter-points to what I write. If I just got up on the soapbox and said my piece and then walked away or called you an idiot if you disagreed with me, I'd have to register as a Republican <sorry Bob> <for those curious, reference to another thread, drive through>.

"A close call with death is far from the worst thing that can happen to you."

Yup. You could...actually...die.

Lance Armstrong faced the ultimate Come To Jesus Moment, short of actually falling into that 'abyss'.

Originally Posted by jpwkeeper .

True, and a messy deal. But not really extortion. They signed up to pay that 5 mil bonus knowing Lance is Lance and Cycling is Cycling, then tried to get out of it without any evidence he broke contract (not that he didn't violate the no doping clause, but there wasn't evidence of it at the time). I suspect they wrote the contract with the idea that they could weasel out of that part of it if needed. But then again Lance signed it knowing that he was doping, so all around messy.

As to your second comment, that is true but not why I post. I post to engage in conversation and lively debate. I want people to pose counter-points to what I write. If I just got up on the soapbox and said my piece and then walked away or called you an idiot if you disagreed with me, I'd have to register as a Republican <sorry Bob> <for those curious, reference to another thread, drive through>.
SCA will recoup all money paid plus some from the Uniballer.

limerickman said:
SCA will recoup all money paid plus some from the Uniballer.
Yep. For them to not collect would require Armstrong testifying, and that's never happening. ...and since 10101 is the binary form of 21, the dealer pays me.

Something serious!

Like your kid coming home from school all beat up cause he was defending you, or something far worse happens cause you never faced the truth on this or maybe a hundred other things. If you have 5 kids one of them, by the law of averages is going to wind up in bad place. You will always wonder "was I to blame for that, that drug abuse, that alcoholism, that suicide or the fact that he or she wants nothing to do with me".

If your a parent with a kid in trouble the fact that you were sick and cured is nothing.

Oh wait a minute he has a few $100M, that fixes everything.

A close call with death is far from the worst thing that can happen to you.
Or getting a call at 6:55 on a Monday morning that your son was killed in an auto accident.

the origin of the problem, checkout from 6:15 onwards, this is what every cyclist does with vitamins for example, i was thinking that everything medical should be absolutely banned, so if the guys cannot handle the 21 days of racing in grand tours then they should either slow down or retire, then the best guy would win anyway, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1j60Qm-lJDo

vspa said:
the origin of the problem, checkout from 6:15 onwards, this is what every cyclist does with vitamins for example, i was thinking that everything medical should be absolutely banned, so if the guys cannot handle the 21 days of racing in grand tours then they should either slow down or retire, then the best guy would win anyway, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1j60Qm-lJDo
Actually there's a big difference: vitamins are ok. The list of prohibited substances and practices is easy to read and available to every pro rider.

Lance Armstrong faced the ultimate Come To Jesus Moment, short of actually falling into that 'abyss'.
He did not face anything Campy. He did not have a choice in cancer. It was something that happened to him, not something he overcame. It is fantasy that people overcome cancer or face it through a will to live. There are millions with the will that die anyway.

There is a difference between choosing to face pain and being forced into it. People are sick and are cured all the time. There are small children who struggle with cancer much longer and more painfully than Lance. There is nothing special about Lance in this regard. He did not choose this struggle of cancer. He did not beat it and he did not cure himself. He was dragged to the edge by cancer, he did not step forward to face it.

Cancer forces you into pain but with truth you have choice to face it or not.

He needs to have the courage to "face" it now if he is to be a true father, friend, son or SO. Denying it wont make it go away.

He did not face anything Campy. He did not have a choice in cancer. It was something that happened to him, not something he overcame.

There is a difference between choosing to face pain and being forced into it. People are sick and are cured all the time. There are small children who struggle with cancer much longer and more painfully than Lance. There is nothing special about Lance in this regard. He did not choose this struggle of cancer. He did not beat it and he did not cure himself. He was dragged to the edge by cancer, he did not step forward to face it.

Cancer forces you into pain but with truth you have choice to face it or not.

He needs to have the courage to "face" it now if he is to be a true father, friend, son or SO. Denying it wont make it go away.

LOL what pipe dream is that?
Oh, so you've finally reached Stage 5 of the Kubler-Ross Model? Congratulations, as there is truth to the adage - "better late than never". Carry on...

Originally Posted by jpwkeeper .

How can you take this internet forum stuff so seriously? Debating with anonomous pseudonyms? Seriously? All this stuff is soapbox material, IMO.
Suppose there is a measure of freedom in a pseudonym...not my style though. As you were...

Oh, so you've finally reached Stage 5 of the Kubler-Ross Model? Congratulations, as there is truth to the adage - "better late than never". Carry on...
LOL I have no idea what you are referring to since I have never conversed with you directly till now but oooooooooooKay!