Lance Armstrong Won't Fight Usada Charges

Originally Posted by hpearson .

I dont think that was his point. His point was that doped athletes are killing the sport NOT that it is making it great. People don't care in bodybuilding, NFL, pro wrestling etc... and this much is true.

I am not advocating drugs but the use of drugs made cycling much more exciting, high cadence climbing, lead changes, huge come backs, close finishes. Cycling was far more exciting in the Armstrong years than it ever has been ........save 8 secs in Paris tic tic tic tic tic tic tic tic tic!
You and your partner are trying desperately to derail this thread by interjecting aspersions on the NFL, but I'm not going down this primrose path too far with you, or the other guy.

Doped athletes (IME and IMO) are not a rampant nor accepted part of the NFL culture, and I spent several years in the league.
Nothing is killing the NFL - not doped athletes or anything else.
People DO care as to whether or not they are witnessing illegal drug-enhanced performances. Done.

Originally Posted by Dave Pace .

Naw, Ill call you nothing of the sort when you speak the truth. But I really do think that there will be a lot more eyes watching the higher ups and looking in to what is and did happen. Will anything come of it? Nothing more then another lump under the already lumpy carpet.
I hope you're right, Dave.

I'd like to see Verbruggen and Pat dismissed from their roles in sport.
These people and people like them have no place in sport in my opinion

After we made the Louisiana Purchase for a lowball $15M (three cents per acre! woohoo!) and snagged a huge chunk of the continent from the French, they won't give us a good deal on the tour. They think they're gonna get snookered...again. That and it was leaked that Lancer was going to move it to Texas. Which is as big as France all by itself.

After Lance found out the cost of buying the Alps and shipping them over, he withdrew his offer.

hpearson said:
Just cant give it up can you Alienator.  Now posting tired old videos that everyone has seen a thousand times to try and drum up a little business. Your probably the same hard talking, tough guy that the minute you bumped into Lance in a elevator would submissively extend your hand and then run a round telling everyone who is not on this thread, and does not know what a tough guy you are, that you just met Lance Armstrong and he shook my hand!
The video is perfectly apropos given the the new tack the Armstrong team is taking and the questioning of the sincerity and content of his alleged apology. After all, he allegedly got weepy with Oprah, and yet the video shows the antithesis of a weepy, sincerely apologetic human. The rest of your comment is just really weak.

limerickman said:
I hope you're right, Dave. I'd like to see Verbruggen and Pat dismissed from their roles in sport.  These people and people like them have no place in sport in my opinion
That's brings up a good question. There exists the possibility, however remote, that McQuaid and Verbruggen will be forced to leave their posts in short order. Who would take over at the UCI? Could the UCI survive that, and if not, who would step in on short notice to fill the void?

"Who would take over at the UCI? Could the UCI survive that, and if not, who would step in on short notice to fill the void?"

I accept the challenge of restoring pro cycling to its former glory!

alienator said:
That's brings up a good question. There exists the possibility, however remote, that McQuaid and Verbruggen will be forced to leave their posts in short order. Who would take over at the UCI? Could the UCI survive that, and if not, who would step in on short notice to fill the void?
Bernard Hinault is my vote,

Originally Posted by alienator .

A friend of mine at national federation level came up with what I considered to be a conspiracy theory.
This guy maintained that there was a push at international level to try to kill the international governance of the sport.

limerickman said:
A friend of mine at national federation level came up with what I considered to be a conspiracy theory. This guy maintained that there was a push at international level to try to kill the international governance of the sport.
What would be the motive for that? Who would the conspirators be?

Originally Posted by tonyzackery .

You and your partner are trying desperately to derail this thread by interjecting aspersions on the NFL, but I'm not going down this primrose path too far with you, or the other guy.

Doped athletes (IME and IMO) are not a rampant nor accepted part of the NFL culture, and I spent several years in the league.
Nothing is killing the NFL - not doped athletes or anything else.
People DO care as to whether or not they are witnessing illegal drug-enhanced performances. Done.
I think you just made his point "doped athletes are not killing the NFL"

I was here the day that Campy and TZ agreed on something!

I think you just made his point "doped athletes are not killing the NFL"

I was here the day that Campy and TZ agreed on something!
Ignorance is bliss - for some. And a refresher reading comprehension course will serve you well/img/vbsmilies/smilies/wink.gif.

Hey Campy speaks the truth here! If we have no tolerance for pro cycling dopers we should have none in the NFL and every where else. He is merely pointing out a double standard and he is right!

The largest man in the NFL in 1975 was 275lbs. There are some quarterbacks almost that big now.
his speaking the truth would be novel, since he cannot muster the intelligence to offer a cogent argument. his position is that doping is accepted part of the nfl and "No one in their right mind gives a ****..". consequently, as you feel he is telling the truth, you must agree that taking drugs by healthy people intended for the healing of the ill is appropriate. good for you.

Originally Posted by alienator .

The video is perfectly apropos given the the new tack the Armstrong team is taking and the questioning of the sincerity and content of his alleged apology. After all, he allegedly got weepy with Oprah, and yet the video shows the antithesis of a weepy, sincerely apologetic human.

The rest of your comment is just really weak.
Being you haven't even seen it!

Originally Posted by slovakguy .

his speaking the truth would be novel, since he cannot muster the intelligence to offer a cogent argument. his position is that doping is accepted part of the nfl and "No one in their right mind gives a ****..". consequently, as you feel he is telling the truth, you must agree that taking drugs by healthy people intended for the healing of the ill is appropriate. good for you.
That is flat out just stupid!

You don't like Campy so you will argue even the most obvious of points.

No one does give a ****. Obviously you are not from the U.S..

Do you know who owns the NFL, the owners. Do you know who Roger Goodell works for, the owners. This is like the cycling teams running the UCI. Those NFL owners do not give a damn about anything but winning and making money. The players union has been struggling for years. Sound familiar.

Do you know how many law suits the NFL has pending right now for brain trama, 1700.

You need to stick with cycling. As for the rest of your statement......you are just playing the extremist.

hpearson said:
Being you haven't even seen it!
Man, sharp attack! It's not a leap at all to presume Armstrong as portraying the weepy, sincerely apologetic human. Besides Oprah herself in an interview described Armstrong as forthcoming and the interview as "emotional" at times. Moreover, it was exactly as a weepy, sincerely apologetic human that Armstrong presented himself to the LiveStrong people the other day.

tonyzackery said:
I can understand from where you folks are coming, but Professional cycling is NOT 'cycling'.  It is not a sad day for cycling (IMO) - I, you, and anyone else can still go get on our bikes and do some cycling.  The activity of cycling, in all its beauty and glory, needs to have its umbilical cord once and forever cut from the Professional cycling business enterprise.  What some doper did for his career should in no way influence another individual such that that person is no longer interested in riding their bike.  That's ludicrous - as much as that person who says they took up cycling in the first place because Lance Armstrong won the Tour in the late 90s/early 2000s. 
I think we were all speaking about professional cycling.

Originally Posted by tonyzackery .

Ignorance is bliss - for some. And a refresher reading comprehension course will serve you well/img/vbsmilies/smilies/wink.gif.
Nope, I reread it you should. You both agree that drug use is not negatively impacting the NFL. You are just under the delusion after 3 years of painting the chalklines on the field that there are no drugs in the the NFL.

By the way how is the lawsuit going.

I got to be 6'4, 285lbs and run a 4.2 40 by eating all my veggies and drinking all my milk!

hpearson said:
That is flat out just stupid!   You don't like Campy so you will argue even the most obvious of points. No one does give a ****. Obviously you are not from the U.S..   Do you know who owns the NFL, the owners.  Do you know who Roger Goodell works for, the owners.  This is like the cycling teams running the UCI.  Those NFL owners do not give a damn about anything but winning and making money.  The players union has been struggling for years. Sound familiar. Do you know how many law suits the NFL has pending right now for brain trama, 1700. You need to stick with cycling.  As for the rest of your statement......you are just playing the extremist.
Slovakguy and tonyzackery had the interpretation correct. Pending brain injury suits have nothing to do with doping, and your ability to intuit where people are from is likely not very good.