Lance Armstrong Won't Fight Usada Charges

I don't see Armstrong going to jail. He has confessed now and I believe any lying done previously is statute barred now from prosecution. I guess he is seeking a combo-pack of Chapter 13, absolution, an enema , a vaccination, general amnesty and a flea and tick dip.

Reactions: lance_armstrong
Getting off on a technicality, eh? SOL? Although I said it was "unlikely", the Feds could still unleash the IRS on 'em. They'd assurdely uncover some dirty funds co-mingling, tax evasion, or something else going on between Sir Lie-a-lot and his "charitable" (wink, wink) foundation. Lancey's got some powerful friends in the Gov. that still like him, otherwise the pitbulls that are the IRS would've been/would be all over him like flies on, uh, a ripe banana.

Originally Posted by alienator .

Video unavailable.
My mistake, Alienator.

Let me see if I can regenerate it.
edit : try this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWlHsrvFSiQ&feature=youtu.be

Originally Posted by limerickman .

My mistake, Alienator.

Good to see they're getting their say.
LA should have to cough up some funds to each and every individual he slandered/libeled/defamed on his way up, and down - SOL be damned/img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif.
Should be open season for civil suits against his multi-million dollar empire.

My mistake, Alienator.

I found this problem sometimes happens when grabbing embedding a link while logged into YT (at least when the link is favorited or part of a playlist). If you sign out and grab the link to the same vid it will probably show up.

Reactions: limerickman
Not only did the new link work, I also managed to think impure thoughts about Betsy Andreu. Is that wrong?

"ah, the american simpleton appears,"

There's no need to insult Tone Loco like that. He suffers from Repetitive Brain Slam Syndrome (RBSS). TBI is nothing to laugh at even when it is self-inflicted...over...and over...and over...and over.

Damn, I feel sorry for Frankie.

Oh well! MORE outstanding news for Lancer today!

[SIZE= 22px]Nike CEO[/SIZE]
We're NOT Calling It Quits
On Lance Armstrong

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2013/01/16/nike-ceo-phil-knight-lance-armstrong/#ixzz2IBff2O22
http://www.tmzstore.com

Nike might reunite with Lance Armstrong after all ... despite terminating its contract with the disgraced cyclist last year -- so says the Nike CEO Phil Knight.

Phil was out in DC yesterday when we asked if Lance and Nike might patch things up after the cyclist admitted to using PEDs -- and Phil responded, "Never say never."

We may see Lance leading the 2013 edition of the Tour of France yet! Photographed by the outstanding Graham Watson and announced by the awesome Phil Liggett M.B.E.!!!

Originally Posted by tonyzackery .

Agree this isn't a sad day for cycling - it's a sad day for those individuals who had their sense of self (ego) wrapped around LA's unit.
Those who took pride in his accomplishments because they apparently had none of their own. LA has always simply been a human being in my book, and never approached hero status. His downfall is like watching Wall Street, with Lance playing Gordon Gecko and Floyd Landis, Tyler Hamilton, etc. in the role of Bud Fox.

He's an entertainer, period. Then and now. He has learned very well how to manipulate situations and people to use them to his sole advantage - if a person or situation fails to advance his cause (or his bank account) in some manner, he has no use for it/them.
There are millions of Lance-types in the US and Canada, and around the world. I'd say be on guard for them.
For the only aforementioned simpleton left on this thread...

Originally Posted by alienator .

Not only did the new link work, I also managed to think impure thoughts about Betsy Andreu. Is that wrong
What is Betsy Andreu's heritage? (where are her parents/ancestors from)

limerickman said:
I dunno. A quick googling didn't reveal anything, and her features don't peg her to one specific area of the world. Where ever she or her ancestors were from, they make stiff spines there.

Originally Posted by CAMPYBOB .

We may see Lance leading the 2013 edition of the Tour of France yet! Photographed by the outstanding Graham Watson and announced by the awesome Phil Liggett M.B.E.!!!
Better keep it in your pants until July. I wouldn't count on it.

I believe it's mentioned in The Secret Race that Betsy is Irish and very Catholic. Her faith is strong and committed.

Decades ago, when USA Today first came out, we used to disparage it as mediocre, middlebrow, and fearful of taking a stand. News McPaper, we called it.

Not so. Over the years I've grown to respect this paper for its excellent reporting, editing, and courage in taking well-reasoned stands. Christine Brennan's analysis of this affair is outstanding.