Lance Armstrong Won't Fight Usada Charges

I believe at this stage Le-Mond is the only successful cycling athlete really judging Lance for the worst. Personally I don't judge others, I don't make it my business to study the dirtly laundry of others to the detail where the entire process and situation is understood.

In the pack of dogs where we all run happily together, lifting our legs high, until one falls down, then all jump in to get their bite, I leave the pack.

I respect the guy for what he achieved and his ability, accept that back then things were different, it was a long time ago and things are changing for the better. I hope he finds peace in his current dilemma. Flame me if you wish, but were it me I probably would have kept quiet, layed low and tried something else, like racing on two wheels with a motor providing the power this time.

WillemJM said:
Lance is not a criminal, I believe we need to keep apples with apples. The guy is a thorougobred race horse, will do all that is necessary to win. That is a typical top fighter pilot profile. The entire peleton had a immatra back then. Did I go a little faster than the posted limit on my way to work today, breaking the rules like most of us do? Again, this would not be comparing apples with apples in a competitive environment where all his top competitors were doing much the same thing.
  • It's not a given that Armstrong isn't a criminal.
  • The guy's not a thoroughbred: he's a bully, a liar, a cheat, and conspirator. Despite what you might think, many cycling champions won, even if they doped, without going to the extreme of slandering people, suing them, threatening them, and ruining their careers. Actually, it is absolutely not a top fighter pilot profile as a top fighter pilot understands teamwork, doesn't sacrifice and screw those in his squadron, isn't a liar, and isn't a cheat. A top fighter pilot doesn't use PED's to perform at his best and doesn't bully teammates into doing as much. Again, competitors were not doing all the things that Armstrong did. That much should be painfully obvious.

WillemJM said:
I believe at this stage Le-Mond is the only successful cycling athlete really judging Lance for the worst. Personally I don't judge others, I don't make it my business to study the dirtly laundry of others to the detail where the entire process and situation is understood. In the pack of dogs where we all run happily together, lifting our legs high, until one falls down, then all jump in to get their bite, I leave the pack. I respect the guy for what he achieved and his ability, accept that back then things were different, it was a long time ago and things are changing for the better. I hope he finds peace in his current dilemma. Flame me if you wish, but were it me I probably would have kept quiet, layed low and tried something else, like racing on two wheels with a motor providing the power this time.
Yes, it's better to stand for nothing and keep quiet. Surely that must be the way things get better.

Originally Posted by alienator .
...many cycling champions won, even if they doped, without going to the extreme of slandering people, suing them, threatening them, and ruining their careers.
Some folks think it's the cheating part everyone's all in a huff about. And while some certainly are, it's really just the part above that some others take affront with. I was not aware he had sued O'reiily.

Poor Lance being treated unfairly. Total sociopath. Yes, he is a scary man. And to know there are others walking amongst us just like him.

edit: Oprah sees right through this guy, though she probably won't ever admit it. Is he going to let a tear fall?????

i would like to know if he doped for the 93' worlds, maybe EPO (and blood transfusions) was not around yet, maybe he did use other stuff

Cycling is dead. Let it be.
Cycling can not repair itself. People were cheating before Lance, People will continue to cheat after Lance.

coneofsilence said:
Cycling is dead. Let it be. Cycling can not repair itself. People were cheating before Lance, People will continue to cheat after Lance.  
Cycling's not dead, and in case you've completely missed the point, the Armstrong is about way more than just his doping. His doping pales in comparison to his bullying, his threats, the careers he ruined, his lawsuits, his slander, his likely payoffs, and the size of his doping conspiracy. There are and have been, even in those evil '90's pros who didn't dope. If for no other reason, it's for those people and their refusal to dope that it's worth continuing to be fans of cycling racing. That was just about cycling as organized competition. As anyone with half a brain knows, cycling is so much bigger than pro racing or bike racing of any sort. I'd wager that very few people will be dissuaded from cycling or so discouraged that they give up cycling just because of what pros do.

Boo hoo hoo, my ass. I am totally excited for 2013 calendar year of bicycle racing action. Sagan's gonna crush, Cav is gonna try deny, Gilbert has hopefully not seen his swan song and we'll be privy to a battle royale a la Bernie vs. Greg against Mutton chops Wiggo and Froomey soap opera style.

So, who still needs the WHAA-mbulance?

danfoz said:
Boo hoo hoo, my ass. I am totally excited for 2013 calendar year of bicycle racing action. Sagan's gonna crush, Cav is gonna try deny, Gilbert has hopefully not seen his swan song and we'll be privy to a battle royale a la Bernie vs. Greg against Mutton chops Wiggo and Froomey soap opera style. So, who still needs the WHAA-mbulance?
It'll be a big year for Sagan. He'll win at least one of the Classics.

The Daily Show take on Armstrong: Mr. Fibb: [video]http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-january-15-2013/mr--fibb[/video] Paging Dr. Mandvi: [video]http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-january-15-2013/paging-dr--mandvi---lance-armstrong[/video]

"No it's not dead. It just has the smell of death right now."

The smell of death surrounds you.

"So, who still needs the WHAA-mbulance?"

From the sounds of da haterz...better order up a squad of Whambulances!!! Somebody call the amberlamps!!!

"i would like to know if he doped for the 93' worlds, maybe EPO (and blood transfusions) was not around yet, maybe he did use other stuff"

Team USA cycling used blood doping at the 1984 olympics. The Warsaw Pac nations were using it before that. Nothing new there. Hell, Ed Merckx doped and thousands before him. You can bet the '93 World's starting line was full of dope of some kind or other.

oh, johan, you do make me laugh!

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/bruyneel-ready-to-cooperate-with-belgian-investigators

looks like the rats are getting their stories up with a splash of "i wasn't in charge" of the doping system at postal.

and i hear this is being shot as a farce:

http://www.nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/50515057/ns/sports/

--complete with a benny hill-esque credits roll chase of large breasted women, aged short guy (the phil liggett character), and truck full of epo, syringes and money all to be done on bicycles.