Lance Armstrong Won't Fight Usada Charges

Originally Posted by hpearson .

I concur.

Basically there are a group of people and a lot of them on this site that love to tear things down or see them get torn down. It is pretty damn sad!

Granted the Lance Armstrong thing needed to be torn down, it was a falsehood but the shear joy most of the people have on this thread about being right or getting some venue for their hatred and anger is a much sadder story than Lances.

The irony here is that they claimed Lance would never confess he was wrong and now they won't either. Up until now they were no better than Lance now they are far worse. Lance confessed on the world stage and they refuse to do it in a small cycling forum in front of a few guys. They will never admit they were wrong about Lance coming forward and they will go to their death that way just like they claimed Lance would. The irony of it is classic.

Frankly this forum gives cyclist a bad name, there is no "esprit de corps" here.

Armstrong should have admitted his guilt 13 years ago when his cheating was first detected, Pearson.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth

Reactions: lance_armstrong
Originally Posted by limerickman .

+1.

Armstrong has been self serving throughout 13 year period.
But that's what sociopaths are, self serving.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth

And if you're reading this Uniballer, feel free to try to sue me.
I assume you have never lied or cheated and are not self serving. Let me stop you before you reply, I am sure your next line is going to be "well mine are not that bad though" right. Then again your a moderator on a thread and your lies don't really impact much do they. It is all relative.

This is astonishing!

You are unexplored!

Originally Posted by slovakguy .

to further what alienator offered, armstrong had a chance to "confess" to usada by answering the charges. armstrong chose to try the case in the media. he lost there. he has only "confessed" to a soft interviewer with little knowledge of the sport, its problems or the facilitators of those problems. armstrong would never likely sit for an interview with kimmage, walsh or seaton, but he could have given this interview to fotheringham or a few others, like those up at velonews. to call this interview a confession makes a mockery of that act. considering the reports that armstrong has made a veiled threat to provide testimony about uci complicity in his doping, one might see armstrong side show as a shake-down, with verbruggen and mc quaid as the targets. in that regard, all i can say to armstrong is put up or shut up, because, if that is the story to rise from this interview, he should have talked to usada from the beginning.
LOL - nobody has even seen it and you are preparing you case to be right by calling it a mockery. Hey, if it is a shame I will be the first on here to say he isn't there yet.

Besides his contrition is not an event but a process and it will take time to mend things, I hope he has the courage to complete that process.

I assume you have never lied or cheated and are not self serving. Let me stop you before you reply, I am sure your next line is going to be "well mine are not that bad though" right. Then again your a moderator on a thread and your lies don't really impact much do they. It is all relative.

This is astonishing!

You are unexplored!
Pearson, this isn't about anyone never telling lies.

13 years ago evidence was produced that directly challenged Armstrong's lies.
Armstrong continued to lie then.
Armstrong continued to lie throughout the following 13 years.

13 years of lies, obfuscation and deflection.
These are the plain and simple facts, Pearson.

The stage has now been reached whereby even if Armstrong now tells the truth, he will not be believed.
That's the way with liars.

Reactions: lance_armstrong

Pearson - this thread is not a format for proselytizing.

I'm asking you to cease doing so.
Trimming a little fat of........................................moderated.

Moderator Mode : Pearson, you were warned about using Cycling Forums for proselytizing.
Please desist from ignoring said warnings.

Pearson, this isn't about anyone never telling lies. Now this is deflecting!!! Able to acutely weigh in on the faults of others with no sense of you own culpability.

13 years ago evidence was produced that directly challenged Armstrong's lies.
Armstrong continued to lie then.
Armstrong continued to lie throughout the following 13 years.

13 years of lies, obfuscation and deflection.
These are the plain and simple facts, Pearson. These are the facts agreed? But then again we all know this!

The stage has now been reached whereby even if Armstrong now tells the truth, he will not be believed.
That's the way with liars. This is not a fact. There will be those that forgive and those who won't. It was not a fact with Marion Jones.

Trimming a little fat of the first amendment Limmerick?

First amendment: [COLOR= #000000] The amendment prohibits the making of any law [/COLOR][COLOR= #000000]respecting an establishment of religion[/COLOR][COLOR= #000000], impeding the [/COLOR][COLOR= #000000]free exercise of religion[/COLOR][COLOR= #000000], abridging the [/COLOR][COLOR= #000000]freedom of speech[/COLOR][COLOR= #000000], infringing on the [/COLOR][COLOR= #000000]freedom of the press[/COLOR][COLOR= #000000], interfering with the [/COLOR][COLOR= #000000]right to peaceably assemble[/COLOR][COLOR= #000000] or prohibiting the [/COLOR][COLOR= #000000]petitioning for a governmental redress of grievances[/COLOR][COLOR= #000000].[/COLOR]

You make allowances for Atheistic belief and that proselytizing but censor conversation that has anything to do with a belief in the opposite view.

If you are still pretending this thread or the LA saga has anything to do with cycling or even sports at this point I am not sure where you have been.

The LA issue has to do with right, wrong, humanity, evil, compassion, lying, cheating, intimidation......

What are you so afraid of Limmerick?
Not bringing God or the gods into a conversation is not atheistic, it's just a conversation absent any divinity. In any case I was always under the impression one's relationship to their deity was a personal one.

This is a privately owned forum. As such moderators are allowed to set whatever boundaries they may. You are entirely free to say what you will, and they are entirely free to exercise their domain.

Well apparently he is a cheat and as a supporter I have to say I was wrong ... pah willies (am V disappointed). Whatever happened to ... all the heroes???? There weren't any and there aren't any.

Rumour has it that Cheatstrong has decided to confess so he can compete in Triathlon. What sport would willingly let him compete now?

Originally Posted by danfoz .

Not bringing God or the gods into a conversation is not atheistic, it's just a conversation absent any divinity. In any case I was always under the impression one's relationship to their deity was a personal one.

This is a privately owned forum. As such moderators are allowed to set whatever boundaries they may. You are entirely free to say what you will, and they are entirely free to exercise their domain.
Yep, they are, pity where the choose to establish a beach head though.

and actually if you look back through the post Alienator was first in stating his position of atheism, I merely responded. Check the posts, but I am sure he has no warning!

Agree this isn't a sad day for cycling - it's a sad day for those individuals who had their sense of self (ego) wrapped around LA's unit.
Those who took pride in his accomplishments because they apparently had none of their own. LA has always simply been a human being in my book, and never approached hero status. His downfall is like watching Wall Street, with Lance playing Gordon Gecko and Floyd Landis, Tyler Hamilton, etc. in the role of Bud Fox.

He's an entertainer, period. Then and now. He has learned very well how to manipulate situations and people to use them to his sole advantage - if a person or situation fails to advance his cause (or his bank account) in some manner, he has no use for it/them.
There are millions of Lance-types in the US and Canada, and around the world. I'd say be on guard for them.

tonyzackery said:
His downfall is like watching Wall Street, with Lance playing Gordon Gecko and Floyd Landis, Tyler Hamilton, etc. in the role of Bud Fox.
i watched the movie again after many years, Gecko had a good plan for the airline to start making profits again, it was the syndicates who stopped him and that lead to the disaster, Fox reaction was juvenile, so Gecko was not a total monster and neither Armstrong is one,

Originally Posted by vspa .

i watched the movie again after many years, Gecko had a good plan for the airline to start making profits again, it was the syndicates who stopped him and that lead to the disaster, Fox reaction was juvenile, so Gecko was not a total monster and neither Armstrong is one,
Anyone see Gecko in the sequel........

Originally Posted by vspa .

LOL! Good spin. ****** had some good ideals too - it all depends on perspective and which side of the fence you're on.

LOL - nobody has even seen it and you are preparing you case to be right by calling it a mockery. Hey, if it is a shame I will be the first on here to say he isn't there yet.

Besides his contrition is not an event but a process and it will take time to mend things, I hope he has the courage to complete that process.
there are indeed people who saw this--winfrey, armstrong and the crew, i.e., the source for the numerous leaks to the media about the content of the interview. my personal view is that these leaks are ordained by the show in order to drum up/dumb up interest in this "confession." now, one also has to look at how it is being positioned, both by the media and the show, which is as a confession. a confession is an admission of having done wrong as one accepts responsibility for one's actions and the consequences attendant upon that confession. while in our legal world, one offers an admission of guilt. in the end, it is still and acceptance of personal responsibility for the acts. if we are to believe the reports of armstrong's appearance before his foundation's workers, armstrong offered an apology. etymologically, an apology (apologia) is to offer an explanation. one may offer, and armstrong has probably offered, an explanation without ever accepting culpability (mea culpa, mea maxima culpa was the phrase often stated in the confessional). while you and others may think some of us revel in his downfall or are too harsh in criticising his efforts at image rehabilitation, i wonder at your speed in proclaiming him on the path to whatever redemption you see for him.

in the end, this may simply be armstrong exploring new ways of keeping his career as an athlete going. i think it no coincidence that this interview will be broadcast at night after the closing of the courts. significance of that is the usps will have until the close of business thursday to decide whether they join landis' suit against armstrong. curious timing, no? one might also ask why someone so brassy with his twitter account would skulk off to denver to meet secretly with tygart. where was that vaunted armstrong courage then? in final analysis, armstrong continues to be calculating and manipulative. the trick is trying to figure out what he's after.

there are indeed people who saw this--winfrey, armstrong and the crew, i.e., the source for the numerous leaks to the media about the content of the interview. my personal view is that these leaks are ordained by the show in order to drum up/dumb up interest in this "confession." now, one also has to look at how it is being positioned, both by the media and the show, which is as a confession. a confession is an admission of having done wrong as one accepts responsibility for one's actions and the consequences attendant upon that confession. while in our legal world, one offers an admission of guilt. in the end, it is still and acceptance of personal responsibility for the acts. if we are to believe the reports of armstrong's appearance before his foundation's workers, armstrong offered an apology. etymologically, an apology (apologia) is to offer an explanation. one may offer, and armstrong has probably offered, an explanation without ever accepting culpability (mea culpa, mea maxima culpa was the phrase often stated in the confessional). while you and others may think some of us revel in his downfall or are too harsh in criticising his efforts at image rehabilitation, i wonder at your speed in proclaiming him on the path to whatever redemption you see for him.

in the end, this may simply be armstrong exploring new ways of keeping his career as an athlete going. i think it no coincidence that this interview will be broadcast at night after the closing of the courts. significance of that is the usps will have until the close of business thursday to decide whether they join landis' suit against armstrong. curious timing, no? one might also ask why someone so brassy with his twitter account would skulk off to denver to meet secretly with tygart. where was that vaunted armstrong courage then? in final analysis, armstrong continues to be calculating and manipulative. the trick is trying to figure out what he's after.
The underlined bit is probably the most accurate summation that I've ever read in my 9 years on CF.

there are indeed people who saw this--winfrey, armstrong and the crew, i.e., the source for the numerous leaks to the media about the content of the interview. my personal view is that these leaks are ordained by the show in order to drum up/dumb up interest in this "confession." now, one also has to look at how it is being positioned, both by the media and the show, which is as a confession. a confession is an admission of having done wrong as one accepts responsibility for one's actions and the consequences attendant upon that confession. while in our legal world, one offers an admission of guilt. in the end, it is still and acceptance of personal responsibility for the acts. if we are to believe the reports of armstrong's appearance before his foundation's workers, armstrong offered an apology. etymologically, an apology (apologia) is to offer an explanation. one may offer, and armstrong has probably offered, an explanation without ever accepting culpability (mea culpa, mea maxima culpa was the phrase often stated in the confessional). while you and others may think some of us revel in his downfall or are too harsh in criticising his efforts at image rehabilitation, i wonder at your speed in proclaiming him on the path to whatever redemption you see for him. hey if it does not apply to you, it does not apply to you. I don't think he is truly on path to redemption just yet but to think he is genuine with no significant professional help after 2 months in Hawaii I would say is far fetched, it will be a process and he will need support to get through it all.

Like I said he is better served seeking forgiveness, and as so many have said publicly and one on one, than he is offering an apology!

Confess, in the greek means to "speak twice" once with you mouth and once in your heart.[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 255)]We will see Thursday![/COLOR]

I can't argue this!