Lance Armstrong Won't Fight Usada Charges

Originally Posted by hpearson .

Nope, I reread it you should. You both agree that drug use is not negatively impacting the NFL. You are just under the delusion after 3 years of painting the chalklines on the field that there are no drugs in the the NFL.

By the way how is the lawsuit going.

[COLOR= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I got to be 6'4, 285lbs and run a 4.2 40 by eating all my veggies and drinking all my milk![/COLOR]
Your modus operandi bears a strong resemblance to that Swampy character that was around here some time ago. Hmmmmm...

Originally Posted by alienator .

Man, sharp attack! It's not a leap at all to presume Armstrong as portraying the weepy, sincerely apologetic human. Besides Oprah herself in an interview described Armstrong as forthcoming and the interview as "emotional" at times. Moreover, it was exactly as a weepy, sincerely apologetic human that Armstrong presented himself to the LiveStrong people the other day.
I just don't want you crying to one of the mods about me forcing my beliefs on you or intimidating you! You really are quite fragile inside aren't you?

Slovakguy and tonyzackery had the interpretation correct. Pending brain injury suits have nothing to do with doping, and your ability to intuit where people are from is likely not very good.
LOL Pending brain injuries have everything to do with it, the owners don't really care about the players. If it were not for the players union this would be item #117 on the owners agenda after installing a cappuccino machine in the locker room. If they don't care about brain trauma you think they are worried about players using PEDS??? They are not regulating this. They are not testing for making agents...... are you serious?

I will try and slow down for you you Alienator since you are having trouble bridging the above logic. Campy is right on point in that no one cares. It is not right, but no one cares!!!!

I just don't want you crying to one of the mods about me forcing my beliefs on you or intimidating you! You really are quite fragile inside aren't you?
If you are in reality a believer, you are exhibiting extremely poor behavior and the Light definitely does not emanate from you. Again, a refresher reading comprehension course will serve you well.

What would be the motive for that? Who would the conspirators be?
He maintains that there are vested in interests in America that want to see the international jurisdiction of the sport terminated.
The motivation? Money.
Look at how Boxing ended up with 4 or 5 different controlling bodies.

It was a theory and an interesting theory

That is flat out just stupid!

You don't like Campy so you will argue even the most obvious of points.

No one does give a ****. Obviously you are not from the U.S..

Do you know who owns the NFL, the owners. Do you know who Roger Goodell works for, the owners. This is like the cycling teams running the UCI. Those NFL owners do not give a damn about anything but winning and making money. The players union has been struggling for years. Sound familiar.

Do you know how many law suits the NFL has pending right now for brain trama, 1700.

You need to stick with cycling. As for the rest of your statement......you are just playing the extremist.
Slovakguy is based Stateside.

Pearson - you need to start engaging with your fellow posters in a respectful manner. Clear?

Originally Posted by tonyzackery .

If you are in reality a believer, you are exhibiting extremely poor behavior and the Light definitely does not emanate from you. Again, a refresher reading comprehension course will serve you well.
And the faith card gets played again and not by me again here comes another warning from Limmerick.

I am a force of one here, forgive me if I have offended you!

And the faith card gets played again and not by me again here comes another warning from Limmerick.

I am a force of one here, forgive me if I have offended you!
I can fully understand that you wish to look away from the mirror.

Moderator Mode :

Look this thread is not a discussion about the existence of God.

Open up a different thread if you want to discuss said existence.

I will delete posts that attempt to discuss this issue on this thread.

limerickman said:
He maintains that there are vested in interests in America that want to see the international jurisdiction of the sport terminated. The motivation? Money. Look at how Boxing ended up with 4 or 5 different controlling bodies. It was a theory and an interesting theory
The busting up of international jurisdiction would make sense as the root of a conspiracy. After all, we've more than enough folks over here worried that the UN is forging a world government with the aid of the Bilderberg Group and the Illuminati.

You want everyones act of contrition...but your own.
Come on, pal. You're anonomous - strawman arguments really aren't necessary, are they?
Saving face? Why? You're just a screen name.

hpearson said:
You want everyones act of contrition...but your own.
There's naught wrong with expecting or demanding contrition from Armstrong. The audacity and extent of his lies, the conspiracy, and the threats and intimidation make him rather unique in the world of liars, thieves, and narcissists. Expecting as much from Armstrong is no different than expecting as much from Bernie Madoff. It's also appropriate to single out Armstrong among dopers. His actions go far beyond what other dopers or doping schemes did. His actions make the whole Festina affair look amateurish. The people here on the forum aren't the ones who went to the lengths and sunk to the depths that Armstrong did. He's the man in the moment that created the moment and all that surrounds it. No one here owes any contrition in return for Armstrong's or for their stance against Armstrong. Meanwhile, here's the publicity machine in action:

Reactions: limerickman
Originally Posted by limerickman .

Slovakguy is based Stateside.

Pearson - you need to start engaging with your fellow posters in a respectful manner. Clear?
The only thing clear is what side of the discussion you come down on L. Some of the foulest language and pics have come from members who share your opinion with zero moderating. I am cool with it but if you want CLEAR and RESPECTFUL you should take a step back.

The only thing clear is what side of the discussion you come down on L. Some of the foulest language and pics have come from members who share your opinion with zero moderating. I am cool with it but if you want CLEAR and RESPECTFUL you should take a step back.
Cry me a river, pearson.

Most of the banter on this site is quite good natured.

That is flat out just stupid!

You don't like Campy so you will argue even the most obvious of points.

No one does give a ****. Obviously you are not from the U.S..

Do you know who owns the NFL, the owners. Do you know who Roger Goodell works for, the owners. This is like the cycling teams running the UCI. Those NFL owners do not give a damn about anything but winning and making money. The players union has been struggling for years. Sound familiar.

Do you know how many law suits the NFL has pending right now for brain trama, 1700.

You need to stick with cycling. As for the rest of your statement......you are just playing the extremist.
liking him is of little concern. the matter of his being unable to form or carry on an argument is not my concern either. what i do not like is the belief that the use of ped's is accepted and, therefore, tacitly approved. even someone like you with your proclivity for histrionic posts which wander off topic with facts meant to show something, but which rarely do so (brain trauma?! what on earth does that show?), should be able to see that, when the pressure has been brought to bear on the owners and players of the mlb, testing (at first, timid and easily dodged) has seen a move more towards what pro cyclists endure. the nfl, with that same pressure being brought to bear by the media, is in the process of increasing the substances tested (hgh most recently being in the news) and promising to move toward unannounced testing. baby steps, perhaps, but it is a trend which gives the lie to the statement that "no one in their right minds gives a ****." apparently some people do give a ****, but in your pal's estimation, those who are concerned with eliminating the pressure to dope to succeed and to protect the players against a future life in a demented state, they are of a wrong mind.

Originally Posted by slovakguy .

liking him is of little concern. the matter of his being unable to form or carry on an argument is not my concern either. what i do not like is the belief that the use of ped's is accepted and, therefore, tacitly approved. even someone like you with your proclivity for histrionic posts which wander off topic with facts meant to show something, but which rarely do so (brain trauma?! what on earth does that show?), should be able to see that, when the pressure has been brought to bear on the owners and players of the mlb, testing (at first, timid and easily dodged) has seen a move more towards what pro cyclists endure. the nfl, with that same pressure being brought to bear by the media, is in the process of increasing the substances tested (hgh most recently being in the news) and promising to move toward unannounced testing. baby steps, perhaps, but it is a trend which gives the lie to the statement that "no one in their right minds gives a ****." apparently some people do give a ****, but in your pal's estimation, those who are concerned with eliminating the pressure to dope to succeed and to protect the players against a future life in a demented state, they are of a wrong mind.

He made a point that the popularity of NFL is not being affected by doping. This is true! The owners and fans do not care, this is true. The players union cares but they struggle cause the players don't want to stop taking something that is making them faster and stronger and giving them an advantage.

You don't like Campy which is fine but you jump to quick to disagree and then got to far. If you have read the post you know that my pal Campy and I agree on little but money is what is driving the disregard from all sides in the NFL.

Brain trauma is not irrelevant? If the owners don't care about the players getting brain trauma do you think any of them care about PEDs. Making it illegal means nothing if there are not means or a motivation to enforce it. Maybe someday, somehow, but not now!

He made a point that the popularity of NFL is not being affected by doping. This is true! The owners and fans do not care, this is true. The players union cares but they struggle cause the players don't want to stop taking something that is making them faster and stronger and giving them an advantage.

You don't like Campy which is fine but you jump to quick to disagree and then got to far. If you have read the post you know that my pal Campy and I agree on little but money is what is driving the disregard from all sides in the NFL.

Brain trauma is not irrelevant? If the owners don't care about the players getting brain trauma do you think any of them care about PEDs. Making it illegal means nothing if there are not means or a motivation to enforce it. Maybe someday, somehow, but not now!
you are again showing that you cannot address a point. the popularity of the nfl and its doping are not correlated, except in your fevered imagination and your posts. more likely the doping is indicative of a player's belief that he must dope in order to stay in the nfl (bill romanowski, et. al.)--the same rationalisation used by doping cyclists and stated in those affadavits posted by the usada--and not what makes the nfl popular. many things would explain nfl popularity, perhaps mob behaviour and a desire to "fit in" with the crowd. that money drives the owners and the players' union only misdirects the issue. you still cannot rebut the point that something or someone is changing the mlb/nfl attitude towards doping. the point being, according to your pal, one cannot be of sound mind if one feels doping to be wrong and "giv[ing] a ****." and yet the move is towards more focused testing across many sports. i'm sure you'll respond by staying off this point and ginning up something about me not understanding or having a defective soul or some such thing. or you might actually try to rebut that point or the ones raised by nicole cooke as posed to you yesterday.

hpearson said:
He made a point that the popularity of NFL is not being affected by doping.  This is true!  The owners and fans do not care, this is true.  The players union cares but they struggle cause the players don't want to stop taking something that is making them faster and stronger and giving them an advantage. You don't like Campy which is fine but you jump to quick to disagree and then got to far.  If you have read the post you know that my pal Campy and I agree on little but money is what is driving the disregard from all sides in the NFL. Brain trauma is not irrelevant?  If the owners don't care about the players getting brain trauma do you think any of them care about PEDs.  Making it illegal means nothing if there are not means or a motivation to enforce it. Maybe someday, somehow, but not now!
Your argument fails just by light of the fact that pressure is bring brought to bear on the NFL to increase PED testing. Just because a large organization is slow to respond or is remiss in responding absolutely does not mean that people don't care The UCI the paragon of slow response and being being remiss in its response, yet now the cycling world--teams, riders, WADA, USADA, and hopefully whoever replaces McQuaid at the UCI and Verbruggen at the IOC--is responding. If you don't think there is a public outcry about doping in cycling, you haven't been following the story. Yes there are fans who don't care about doping in the NFL and care only for the violence of the game, the loyalty to a team, or whatever it is that intrigues them. Likewise there are cycling fans who could care less about doping. So what? That those fans exist doesn't mean or prove that fans don't care about use of PED's in sports. Money is only one aspect of what motivates fans, teams, and organizations. That it is the prime motivator is not a given. I'm sure I'm not the only who doesn't know which side of a debate is the L side: the Latin side? the lower east side? the lilliputian side? the lascivious side (it's the most fun)? the logical side?